Saturday, February 12, 2022

Flying, Yard Sale, Dog Park, Puzzle

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Saturday, Feb. 12th Gibbs and I went for our walk and on the way back home, we stopped at a Yard Sale in the Seniors Apartment complex. I don’t carry cash with me so had a look at some of her stuff and was impressed. Her prices were yard sale prices and quite a few southwestern items. 😊

the awesome Q mountain off in the zoomed distance

We returned home and Bill was soon ready to go to the field. After Gibbs ate, I waited before making my tea and when Bill went out to get in the truck, I hitched a ride to the corner. I wandered back to the sale and the owner was surprised that I actually came back. I’d told her I would but I’m sure many people say that.


Gibbs found another treasure but when we got into
the park, he dropped it so Mom had to carry it home
for the garbage 
He's cleaning up the neighbourhood!

I loved her jewelry, some of it home made, and she had a lot of nice coloured stones as well. However, jewelry isn’t my thing now that I’m not working and already have plenty. I suppose if I purged the old stuff I have and no longer wear, I would have room for a few ‘different’ earrings and necklaces. I’ll have to think about that!

These 3 pieces have clips on the back
for hanging and we have just the spot on
the Bunky! ♥♥♥
that's a $5 steal right there!

I found 2 things and didn’t feel they were over priced so didn’t hesitate paying her price. They will be adornment for the Ridge back home. If we had a house, I would have bought more. Back home, I stayed with Gibbs all morning, reading and sitting outside for a while. When he continued to bark at everyone going by, I put him inside.

Gibbs wandered over to the fenced yard
and then I heard a whimpering and understood why

This sweet gentle dog wanted to meet him
They touched noses through the fence
No barking or anything like that
Just new friends ♥

I feel bad doing that but it isn’t enjoyable for me, constantly admonishing him to ‘stop barking’ or ‘no bark’. Neither works. Inside, he may still bark on occasion but I can ignore him and he doesn’t carry on. Bill returned around 11:15 and we sat outside again for a while, all 3 of us, until it was time for lunch. I fried mini sausages and scrambled eggs. 😊 They were quite a nice change.

The Master of the house

After cleaning up dishes, in the dishwasher, I went to work on the puzzle for a couple of hours. When I returned, I took Gibbs to the dog park and I relaxed in the shade while he scoped the place out. I don’t know if any other dog owners frequent the place but we’ve not seen anyone else there when we’ve gone since Trudy left.

You're probably tired of seeing this puzzle
but you can skip by the picture. 

Once more, back home, we all sat in the shade on the patio. This time, the barking was at a minimum but he still likes the little stones. What a little monster! There’s no distracting him and of course, then he thinks it’s a game. LOL Good thing we love him so much! When we came inside, having the exhaust fan on, windows open and the blinds half closed the Suite was comfortable.

He watches everyone at the dog park too
He has a very important job

Outside, it was 83F/28C at 2 pm dropping only a couple of degrees by 4:30. Overnights are low 50’s or high 40’s and that is perfect for sleeping. 😊 The only unfortunate thing is that last night I felt the pain from a shingles breakout. I’m used to them, as I’ve mentioned, and try not to gripe too much, but it is on the upper part of the back of my leg. Where I sit. This morning, surprise, surprise! There are two about 3” apart. Blech.

No wonder he needs to goof off once in a while

By suppertime I was pretty much dragging with the discomfort and took a pill and after we ate, lathered the cream on it for some relief. I changed into lightweight baggy loungers and suffered through sitting for the evening. LOL Tomorrow, they should have at least lessened in the pain threshold so I’m not asking for sympathy. I’ll be better soon. I just can’t figure what triggered it this time.


Bill grilled 2 cheeseburgers for supper and I opted out of having a bun tonight. I filled my plate with all good things and didn’t even miss the bread. 😊 It was delicious! Gibbs has been quite active today, in many ways, so konked out very soon after we cleaned up after supper. Bill says that he’ll be up and running around in an hour wanting to chase his ball. 😊 Likely!



This was a good day and I thank you for stopping in!

22 comments:

  1. I don't get tired of seeing the puzzle in its stages of being completed. Quite a lot of work got done on it!! It inspires me to think about setting up a table and working on a puzzle. I often forego the bread to help reduce calories :) Ick on your shingles flare but I hope it gets under control. Figuring out the trigger could be a good thing. Think it is the heat? I like when a garage sale has good prices. It amazes me when people over price items that they are trying to get rid of. When we had garage sales I set low prices and usually sold 90% of all we had out. I was thankful someone was willing to pay something to remove the junk I was going to get rid of anyway :) Sounded like you had a nice Saturday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments. Thank you for taking the time.
      It's my lazy meals that get me in trouble, I take shortcuts and they are usually carb-filled.
      The shingles flare up in hot, cold, warm or cool weather. Usually I can attribute it to something exciting going on, or something I'm anxious about. Even a dream, I believe can set one off. I'm a strange one! haha Love it when people know how to have garage sales for the right reason.

      Delete
  2. What a great deal on your garage sale find! I sure hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought so too! I appreciate your well wishes too. :)

      Delete
  3. That Gibbs has lots of energy. Maybe he'll settle down as he matures. Not sure what a bunky is but those three southwest pieces will certainly look nice there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he keeps his playfulness for a while, though, there are other things I hope he grows out of! haha
      A bunky is a cabin for overnight guests. :)

      Delete
  4. That puzzle ... it's beautiful. I'm laughing right now because I played that video and Cooper is going crazy!! He's barking and barking, running around looking for Gibbs. The other day he caught the pest guy outside the front door and barked like a banshee. Now every time he goes in the living room, he runs to the door and barks. Silly kid, but I guess he's being a good watch pup!! I love that Gibbs is so trash conscious!! Nice find at the yard sale too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I wondered if Cooper missed Gibbs. I'll say 'where's Cooper?' every once in a while and Gibbs will stop and cock his head. Who knows who he is thinking of. ♥
      They are funny kids and yes, great watch dogs. :)

      Delete
  5. Your yard sale treasures will look nice on the Bunkie.
    Strange how your Shingles just flared up. Stress, Heat and Foods are known triggers.
    Gibbs is slowly learning the ropes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was pleased with my garage sale find. :)
      Excitement and anxiety are also triggers, I don't know what I've been anxious about though. :)
      Gibbs is training us still! haha

      Delete
  6. 83 degrees sounds lovely! Our temperature dropped yesterday and last night we had -21 C. It is already half way through February so spring is on the way. Your burger looks yummy......can't wait til bbq season here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd share it with you sis if I could, the hot temps AND the burger! :)

      Delete
  7. Have you ever looked into getting the shingles vaccine? We both got it when we turned 55 and have not had any problems with shingles. I don't know if it would still work if you have already had them, but it is worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KCD. I got the original shingles vaccine when I was 43 or 44 after having the breakouts for a year. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything to stop them or slow them down from breaking out BUT I do think they are not as big now. So that is something at least. :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely day, with the weather and some bargain shopping, and time to relax in the shade. You've made great progress on the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great yard sale "find"! Something here....when I played the video Cindy ran around barking. Jerry also now eats a hamburger with no bun. Hope you recover quickly. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elva. Gibbs is getting the blog 'neighbourhood' wound up too then!

      Delete
  10. Those are neat pieces for decorating and I would have purchased them too, especially for that price. As to the shingles I hope they clear up quick! Can you have a vaccination for them even if you already had shingles frequently? And yes, maybe the hot weather has something to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene. Had the vaccine in my early 40's so I doubt if the new vaccines will do anything. They may be smaller in size but I think I'll be living with them. There is no way to know just what sets them off. I get them in the dead of a cold winter too so it isn't the heat for me. :)

      Delete