Sunday, February 20, 2022

Better Than Back Home, Birds of a Feather

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Saturday, Feb. 19th it read on the thermometer to be a cool 37F/2.7C again. However, when Gibbs and I donned our coats and went out, it seemed quite nice. I always wear my mini gloves when it’s below 45F but they soon come off. With no wind, it’s the perfect kind of weather to walk in, if you’re dressed appropriately. 😊 We walked the ‘mid-route’, which is halfway between the long and double the short. (in case you wondered). It’s half hour.

The sun popped before we got out of the park
It's rising earlier all the time.


So, your guess is as good as mine
In Arizona, this could be a Purple or house finch
I couldn't see his wings so can't be sure
He sure had a beautiful song this morning

Back home, Gibbs had his breakfast and Bill was finishing up his. I made my tea and sat at my laptop. Last night, Sue, the co-host, asked me (and others) to check the wifi signal at our sites. They have just had a new provider’s system installed and want feedback before Monday when he returns to check on the reviews. It was quick and quite suitable up until 8 am when it slowed down. I’m sure many use it to stream.

Gibbs still squeezes in behind me and the back of the chair
He's so lovey dovey that I don't mind sharing 'our' dining chair

He has to squeeze in there which makes
him look half his size! ♥

and if I ignore him long enough, he 
peeks his head through under my arms

This morning, after Bill left for the field, I wanted to make another keto recipe to see if I’d like it. So, I did that and by the time that and my shower were finished, I walked over to the puzzle. It was 10:45. I reported our experiences with the wifi to Sue and set to work. Bill was home at 11:30 and I was almost finished the last two cardinals, so worked until they were done. Nothing worse than doing the prep work and having someone come in for the glory. 😊

To fill in the spaces, I thought I'd
share pictures from the storm folks back home got
This is my daughter's country home




The top two pictures are at my niece's home
It shows how it changed from one minute to the next

I started to get things out for lunch and noticed that 6 of the eggs in the 18-pack were either broke and stuck to the carton or cracked enough on the bottom side to be a problem. It was a mess getting the 3 cracked ones out and to remove all trace of shells (I hate crunchiness in my eggs!). I removed all the good eggs and cleaned the carton, before gently replacing the 3, cracked end up, and the remaining unharmed ones. We had scrambled eggs today. LOL

The bacon was a new pack, nice and thick, that seemed to me to be a great price on Wednesday. I bought 2 packs as it is rare to say that bacon is a good price anymore. It was very tasty and didn’t shrink up when fried. Bonus! We loaded the dishwasher and Bill and Gibbs had their snoozes. One in the chair, one on the floor, you can guess which is which. 😊

At my sister's home out in the country

You may have heard of the new word game, Wordle, that has taken the world by storm. Well, each morning, Bill and I do our darnedest to beat our own personal best. Somedays we do really well but today, it took us 5 out of 6 guesses. It hasn’t beat us yet but we’ve come close to losing. It’s fun and great for the mind. A couple of sisters, 2 nieces and my daughter play it too and we share our progress each day.

Half is cabbage lasagna, half is regular
Oooh, it looks yummy!

We debated taking a drive down town to Tyson Wells, just to see what was left and to wander a bit. When Bill woke up, I asked what he wanted to do and neither of us was up to going. We aren’t really looking for anything so instead, he sat at his laptop and put the tv on. I went to do more puzzling for an hour and a half.


When I returned, Gibbs was being so good that I took him to the dog park. He had no playmates so we didn’t stay long and the words ‘want to go home?’ peaked his interest. 😊 Back home, I found a recipe for cabbage lasagna and began putting it together. Only half of the pan would be keto, the other half with noodles for Bill. I don’t know what this will be like for me, but I’m willing to give it a try.

Bill reported his as yummy

It was 5 when it was all prepared so waited until 5:30 to turn our electric switch back on. I sat with my afghan and added a few more rounds. It is getting big but only as big as 4 (or is it 5?) balls of wool can make. I have 5 (or 6?) more to use up. I’m still loving the pattern and as Deb told me, it is a simple way to make a blanket. All you need is yarn and time.

It was after 7 when supper was ready to eat so I 
was able to take Gibbs for a short walk and capture the sunset

Back home, I received pictures of the snow storm family were getting in Ontario. Yeuch! Apparently, roads were closed in a number of counties so in one way it is a good thing it is Saturday but on the other hand, the waste of a day if you’re stuck inside. This is Family Day weekend for 2/3’s of Canadians who live in a province to observe Monday as a holiday. Ontario is one and we’re grateful for that when we worked. It broke up the stretch between New Year’s Day and Easter.

Mine was delicious too!

Supper was delicious. We had a salad on the side. We have 2 leftover meals each and I know I’ll make this recipe for me again. Bill doesn’t like cabbage and although you can’t taste it, he isn’t big on trying new things. 😊 We cleaned up by loading the dishwasher and then all I wanted to do was sit and catch up on my recorded programs while working on my blanket. So the blog took second (or 3rd) fiddle.

I forgot to post these pictures from the
other night
Gibbs loves watching certain movements on the tv
This was Hudson & Rex, so he watched the dog

Wouldn't you love to know what they think?
I sure would!
Good night y'all!

This was a great day! Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

6 comments:

  1. My what a nice lazy day. I can't get enough of that cute Gibbs. I'm finding I like to just enjoy the day, but there is a young man wanting to go go, so I'll have to wait another year 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pleasant day in the warmth. I'm glad we didn't get the snow your family did in Ontario. We're back in the deep freeze so I suspect it will probably head their way shortly.

    My cat Saku used to like to watch hockey, but he doesn't pay much attention to it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, the pictures of the snow! So glad I'm out of that type of weather! I am going to have to look for a recipe for cabbage lasagna. That looked delicious and so healthy! I like restful relaxful days like you had yesterday! I too wonder what our dogs are thinking. For our corgi, it is probably ways to get more food as they can be food driven :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a moment I wondered how you got a picture of our back window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The police were asking people to stay off the roads here this morning. They were just too icy to travel on. Then this afternoon the snow began and the last I looked it was still coming down.

    Snow blowing tomorrow!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love days when you can cook and it turns out good. Much better than snow!!!

    ReplyDelete