Sunday, February 20, 2022

Slow Moving Sunday, Talking to the Young ‘uns

Park Place Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Sunday, Feb. 20th was another great start up. Gibbs and I went for our walk. Nothing much new there but he did venture up to say hello to the cement burro today. I guess he felt brave. 😊 Bill left for the flying field shortly after we were home. Last thing he does is turn our power off and the inverter on. In reverse order. We’ve had a long beautiful stretch of clear sunny skies that we benefit from.


Good morning!

I wandered over to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle just before 10 but soon returned, it was freezing in there! Today, it was the 3rd co-host couple on duty. I think Patty has been under the weather so they take turns. Because I was chilled to the bone, seriously it was that cold in there, when I came home Gibbs and I sat outside in the gorgeous sunshine. Well, I was in the sun. Gibbs was too busy barking at everything. LOL

Pretty cacti

Just checking to see if you're real

He's okay, Mom!

It's a nice little subdivision
Bill, did you buy a lottery ticket yet?

I took my afghan out and for an hour and a half focused on that. It was the perfect time to call my son and we chatted for about 20 minutes and Bill was home soon after for lunch. We each had a sandwich or a wrap and then Bill called a couple of his daughters to catch up with them too. Tomorrow, we’ll try and get in touch with the other 3. Our communications aren’t regular yet they are always good ones and so nice to hear voices.

This morning when Bill left, it only took a second and
Gibbs was up on the hutch top

I wandered back to the clubhouse around 1:30 and worked away on the puzzle for an hour and a half. It was warmed up in there so I was able to concentrate better. 😊 I’ve finished the ‘easier’ pieces so now the surrounding difficult pieces are left. 


I worked on the top portion this afternoon
It's challenging but still fun

I know there are at least 2 pieces missing but nothing was written on the box. This is aggravating and when I finished, I may just have to ‘retire’ it. It’s no fun doing a puzzle with more than 1 piece missing.


Checking the premises

All clear, Mom

Back home, I made a tea and while writing my blog, Bill took Gibbs for a nice long walk. That’s nice, it saves me from taking him to the park. I went back outside to do more crocheting. One day, I'll show you how far the afhan has come 😂

Supper with wine = perfect

It is a lovely 79F/26C but it is windy today. It is comfortable sitting on the shaded patio. At 6, I reheated our lasagna and although we didn’t have any lettuce left for salads, it was enough food. Tonight, I remembered to pour us each a glass of wine. After supper, we called Jess and chatted with her, Easton and smiling little Hadley. 💕

Pom pom puppy
What a goof!
Good night!

Thank you for popping in. This was a great day!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad Gibbs is there to protect Mom when Dad is away. We've been lucky with the wind but tomorrow not so lucky 😒

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded like a great day! Puzzle is really close to being complete! Supposed to be cooling off now for the next week ahead but today was so beautiful! I too sat in the sun for a bit this afternoon, soaking in its warmth :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple more days, hopefully. I'm at the tough part so showing down. 😉

      Delete
  3. I know the feeling about missing puzzle pieces as I pick most of mine up at the thrift stores. Grr. Supper looked good and wine is always a great accompaniment to go with Italian foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is a nice puzzle missing one of, i will mark it on the box. More pics than that and i don't pass it on. It's garbage.
      The wine was a treat!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure if Gibbs is being a watch pup or a busy body!!! It's good he decided that statue wasn't a threat!! That puzzle is gorgeous!!! They all look so very hard to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is a little of both!
      Puzzle making is in my genes. Mom breed it into all of us older girls.

      Delete
  5. That Gibbs just makes me laugh. The photos of in the dog bed on the couch is hilarious. It makes me think of a toddler watching out the window. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is a toddler indeed! Keeps us entertained and gets into trouble too!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous pictures today! Gibbs is quite the charmer, love watching him look out the window. Patsy, I found the Community Thrift Store is right behind Silly Al's in the same parking lot. Open Thursday to Saturday 10-2. Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping and get Pizza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gibbs... he's just too cute!! I love the puzzle you are working on. It makes me want to get one out to work on. ❤

    ReplyDelete