Thursday, February 10, 2022

A Boring Blog Perhaps, But Not a Boring Day!

Park Place RV Resort

On Thursday, Feb. 10th it was another start to the day like all the rest. We all got up together and Gibbs and I went for a walk while Bill had his breakfast and got ready to go to the field. Today, we walked to the east which took us to the back of the homes in Arroyos and the senior’s apartments. This would be a lovely spot to have a home since your only view to the east would be the desert. For a while at least. 😊

Looking back to the park
From this, you can see how far out we are from everything
Makes for great walks

He walked really well today and just as we returned to our site, Bill came out to turn the power off. We’ve been turning it off every morning until I need it for meal prep at night. Since we pay for electric/hydro here, .20¢/kw, we take advantage of our solar when we can. Each day has been sunny so that has been in our favour. He left at 8 and Gibbs and I came inside for breakfast and my tea. It was another hot day, already 52F/11C. Yay!

When you don't have typical lawns - no grass
You decorate with what you find

We love the colours of these adobe brick homes
(not a real burro in case you were wondering) 😂

At 9:30 I walked over to the clubhouse and worked on the puzzle for an hour and a half. Bill texted that he was home but I hung around putting pieces in (successfully!) and returned around 11:30. We weren’t starved so Bill loaded our bbq propane tank and one of our 40-lbers into the truck. This is the closest jaunt to get propane he has ever had. 😉 He was back in no time.

This is the back of the one for sale
Notice the gate in the top picture?

We each made a sandwich for lunch and I put the dishes in the dishwasher. We’re kind of liking the convenience of it, while we have it. I left Bill working on a plane after FedEx delivered his parcel and took Gibbs to the dog park. It was hot but I stood in the shade, Gibbs happily chased a rubber ball for 5 or 6 times before indicating that was enough. He had a huge drink (or two) and we walked back home.

The dog park is a nice size and Gibbs checks out the
perimeter to see who else has been here

That little pink tongue tells the tale
There is always fresh water so I empty the dish
if it needs it and refill it

Now, back to the puzzle. I’m enjoying chatting with Patty, the host of the park, as well as listening to the goings on over there. People are in and out, including the owner of this and the park next to us. They have internet workers installing a new system for the clubhouse. Everyone, not us, is griping unfairly to the hosts about the poor wifi connections. Well, you can’t change the way things are when your town increases from 3500 to 750,000 people.

Some cuddle time with Daddy

And when you ignore him, he gives you what for

I worked on it for a couple of hours and returned satisfied with my progress. Bill was just finishing up with the plane and we all sat together. When I moved outside with Gibbs and my crocheting, the neighbours across the road wandered over to meet our little barker. She fell in love with Gibbs and we chatted for a few minutes, getting to know them. They seem like nice people and I’m sure we’ll see them again. 😊

don't look at the top border
Focus on the progress on the leaves. 😊

We watched a couple of episodes of NCIS, good ones, and Bill barbecued 2 pork chops on the Weber. I fried the leftover potatoes, steamed some broccoli and nuked mixed vegetables for Bill. It was a good supper! We loaded the dishes and started the washer. As I worked on my blog, we watched some tv. Gibbs tired himself out today at the park and on the patio with Myla and Joe. He was showing off and they loved it.

The tree at the park makes for a nice bit of shade

A nice meal tonight

This was a slow day and I have no complaints about that whatsoever. I hope you had a nice Thursday as well!


                                                    Gbbs at the park

                                                       Good night!

Thank you for popping in.

16 comments:

  1. I have relatives in that town. They got burned out out west last year, so they picked up the dog and headed for a rental they had enjoyed in the past. They have since bought a beautiful home and settled in permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming you mean in courtside and there are some beautiful homes here. If we had a windfall I would buy that house Immediately.

      Delete
  2. Slow days are sometimes the best ones. Sounds like you are settling right in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love our slow days and you're right we're still doing what we love to do.

      Delete
  3. Puzzle is coming along really well! Its neat that Gibbs gets so much exercise!! Always good to tire out a dog!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puzzle is coming along really nicely. As long as I'm putting pieces in I enjoy spending time there.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I won't mention that top border .... LOL. I think little Gibbs has it made!! Always a nice lap to lay in! Even if they get their wifi fixed, it still won't work very well. There are just too many people on the internet at one time. Give Gibbs a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend! 😄
      Gibbs has it made for sure, and i guess so do his patents. Lots of cuddles.
      You're right about the internet. I'm glad we don't rely on it.

      Delete
  5. When you get to spend the day as you like it, it is never boring. That Gibbs is sure a little lovebug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound like a boring day or post to me. You guys are enjoying the things you like to do and that is absolutely fine in my book. Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. Funny how the words still come out even though there isn't much to write about.

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty home. I love the colour of the adobe and that gate!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete