Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Still Dealing with Wind, Thrift Store! Meeting a New Friend

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Tuesday, Feb. 22nd, or 2/22/22, Gibbs and I were up and ready to go for our walk by 7:20. Bill had been up at 6 with him (which I slept through) and had turned the Blue Flame heater on. The Suite felt chilly to him although all through the night, I had my corner of the duvet turned down. It was 49.5F/10C so pleasant temperatures for a morning walk. 😊

Old Glory is standing at attention again today
only earlier than yesterday

I harnessed Gibbs up and decided on a hoody and my wind breaker. That was a mistake. This morning, the winds were already pretty strong and I felt chilly dressed like that. However, we scooted through the park and around the short block from the back corner. Someone thought we were going to the dog park, pulling me to the gate, but I won that battle and we went out to the roadway behind.


I wasn’t thrilled when Gibbs stopped and was poking at something on the pavement, with his nose. I pulled him away thinking ‘scorpion!’ but it was only a spider. ONLY, I say. Yeuch! It was about an inch long (for me, too big) and sadly, it didn’t live another minute. It freaked me out just because of how easily Gibbs was at it and it could have been the other menace. Bill has warned me to start paying attention as the mornings get warmer – of the critters we might see.

We returned to find Bill was still in bed so I was glad that I’d closed the door to upstairs. Our walk was only 20 minutes so I made my tea and emptied the dishwasher to bide time until the little guy’s breakfast time. We heard from our friend, Elva, in California around 8 MT that Jerry was on his way to Yuma for the day. We’ve never met him although have heard only good things about him. He wanted to stop here in the Q to meet us.

My plan was to scoot over to the Salvation Army Thrift Store this morning and would easily be home by his expected arrival time of noon. I left about 9 and stopped at the post office for stamps and then drove further down to the shop. I’m never out on my own like this so was a bit grateful for the winds and that Bill was home with the truck. Sorry, dear. It’s a busy store and they have a lot of stuff. Prices are very decent and I was pleased to find a few things.

This is the puzzle I found at the thrift store

The most expensive thing I bought was a pair of like new shoes for $7 but they are very comfortable and they will replace 2 pair from my closet that just haven’t fit the bill 100%. I came home with a 1000-pc. jigsaw puzzle that I will work on in the clubhouse while I’m here. Whether I bring it home when I’m one is yet to be determined. I think my sisters might enjoy it. What do you think? 😊

Cinnamon buns, mine with cream cheese and butter

Back home, we had cinnamon buns that Bill was hoping for but unfortunately, they aren’t something our guest eats. He’d eaten before he arrived so I didn’t feel bad. Jerry gives great hugs by the way and it’s funny when you read someone’s blog for years (as Elva and I do), we feel like we already know each other before a face-to-face meet, so a hug is definitely in order! He did accept Bill’s offer for a coffee.

Nice to meet you, Jerry!

Because of the strong winds, we sat inside and chatted for about an hour and a half. Gibbs was a pest, as usual, thank you Jerry for putting up with him. 😊 Near the end of our visit, I’d had enough wrestling with Gibbs and watching Jerry wrestle with him that I put the little guy up into the bedroom. It’s good to know he’ll go there without whining; it makes the visit more pleasant. We have every intention of meeting up with these two somewhere this fall or next year!

Today, I sliced up all but 2 of the lemons
that Rose and George gave me
They will go in the freezer, thanks for the tip, Rose!

After he left, I took my puzzle over to the clubhouse and set to work on the border. It will be a challenge but I love the colours involved and will enjoy it a lot. I think. Ha ha. I made my tea back home, surprised that I slipped into the Suite completely unnoticed by both my sweeties. They were upstairs asleep. That never happens! I started my blog post, chatted with family and Rose on messenger and text. Supper is planned and I started it around 5:30.

Slow but sure. The border is done. This will be a fun puzzle!

Tonight, we had chicken strips in Rosy, (the air fryer), boiled skin on Yukon potatoes and corn and squash. I even had a few pieces of potato and they were good. The winds were supposed to die down around 7 tonight but the Suite still rocks every once in a while. We’ve had steady winds of 24 mph and gusts to 29 mph so not terrible but when you see the chairs being knocked over, flags blowing straight out and dust across the road, you know it’s not fun to be out in.

Good supper

We watched an old movie together tonight while This is Us recorded on the PVR for me to watch at another time. First 50 Dates always gets us laughing and so we watch it once in a while. This was a nice day and we got to meet another new friend.

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Wonder if you will get any rain that is forecast here. It was less windy today but cold and colder tomorrow!

    How fun to meet up with a blog friend and enjoy the visit! I've met several in real life so to speak and it was a great experience to do so.

    I do like the new puzzle! I think it is going to be challenging. It might be fun to take it home with you and have others enjoy putting it together.

    What a great bargain with the shoes you found too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overnight we got some of that rain. Not sure what more will come today, it is cloudy and still a bit windy. They have abated somewhat. It was great to meet Jerry and this puzzle will be fun.

      Delete
  2. That's a cool puzzle. A challenge I think! Glad you got to meet Jerry. He and Elva are great and puppy lovers to boot!! I learned that trick with the lemons ... but I just cut them in half. When thawed, they are just like fresh!! It's getting cold again and we are having rain today. Hope it warms up again soon! And yes, you'll have to start watching the bushes and rocks for snakes. Scorpions are usually out at night, so not that much of a problem. Even check the dog park before you let Gibbs go inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think you could freeze lemons, duh. :)
      Thank you for the tips on snakes and scorpions. I will check the dog park for sure, never would have thought of that.
      We had some light rain overnight and its cloudy so maybe more coming with the cool temps.

      Delete
  3. You are brave with that puzzle IMHO, it might be pretty tricky with everyone in masks. Looks fun though, and I know you will knock it out in short order. That's cool you got to meet a blog friend, maybe someday we'll run into each other, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thank you. All the masks, kind of like our lives have been over the last two years!!! At least these maps are all different. :)
      I never put anything past this lifestyle, we just may meet someday! ♥

      Delete
  4. yes please bring the new puzzle home with you if you finish it. It looks quite challenging but fun! It's nice to put a face to someone that you have communicated with. The cinnamon buns look yummy. I broke down and picked up 4 apple fritters yesterday at Foodland. Duh! they put all the desserts at the front door on purpose. Gerry hasn't had dessert for a while so thought I'd treat him. Problem is, I couldn't resist and had a half of one as well....even though I know better. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I hoped you'd be interested. :)
      The buns are a treat too although we have them more often than we should, likely. We cut back on our desserts unless they're keto so Bill deserved a 'bad' treat. LOL

      Delete
  5. Glad you three got to meet Jerry. Very nice guy. Windy everywhere and I'm ready for nice weather again. Raining here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jerry is very nice. 😊
      Waiting as well for the coolness to move on.

      Delete
  6. So glad Jerry stopped by and you got his hugs :) He is a sweet man with a very special wife! The new puzzle does look challenging but I'm sure you will get it done! Those cinnamon rolls do look oh so good! I didn't know about freezing lemons so nice to know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete