Friday, February 4, 2022

Tyson Wells, Warmer Weather Returns, Gibbs ♥’s Dog Parks

Park Place RV Resort, the Q.

On Friday, Feb. 4th, not much was different this morning except Gibbs and I left Bill in bed and slipped out for our walk at 7:20. It was 39F/3.9C and yet quite lovely. The sky was clear blue and there wasn’t any wind at that time of the morning. Perfect! We walked all around the outskirts of the 3 RV parks and 1 village (park models/permanents) and there were no vehicles out and about at all.

The Arizona Sun Village is a private residential park

Very fancy looking

Then, the Arizona Sun RV Resort was beside it
Looks like another nice park

The sun popped this morning

We love the private home properties with gates and brick fences

This tree has seen better days
but it is still nice for the camera

On the back stretch to home, we veered off the paved road into the desert, which is all around us (in a good way), because a Saguaro caught my eye and intrigued me. Once I reached it, I was saddened by its condition but it seems the birds are enjoying what it offers. Standing tall, it still provides a perch or two for them to sit on and some greenery for them to peck at.

Can you see him?

He was chattering away the whole time

Back home, Bill was up and had Gibbs’ breakfast ready. One day, I will go further to see how close to town I can get. This is a better place for me to extend my walking pleasure without limits and without too much repetition. We had our breakfast, my faux oatmeal is still hitting the mark, and after washing up, drove into town. We’ve wanted to peruse Tyson Wells again, the ‘tent vendors’, now that the crowds have diminished considerably.

Another pretty tree shot

Some weren’t open yet at 10:30, others were trying to re-establish their wares after the wind storm, but we wandered looking for a couple of things in particular. I found 2 or 3 things but one that I was looking for was sold out. Darn it! I should have grabbed it when I saw it before. Live and learn. We stopped at Sandra ‘D’s to make an appointment for Bill’s haircut but it was noon hour and her shoppe was closed. We’ll call.

I'm sure a little birdie whispered in our ears
and we stopped at the caramel popcorn booth

Bill toured a few streets in town, just for fun, and we stopped to fill our water bottle and at Roadrunner for a loaf of bread. I was feeling a headache from needing to eat something so at home I immediately started making myself a quesadilla with the few items on hand that were quick. Bill made himself a sandwich and then we crashed in our chairs. The day was warming up with that glorious sun and we dozed off and on until 2:30.

The guys at the flying field had told Bill about the Quartzsite radio station so once he turned the Sirius radio off and listened locally. It’s called Oldies Classics geared to us ‘Baby boomers’ so we know all the tunes. It’s nice to hear our weather and about events going on right here in this small town. He felt pleased to hear his flying club’s event advertised for this weekend. 😊


Gibbs was hoping for a playmate

Gibbs and I walked back to the dog park. We were alone for about 15-minutes, I was thrilled to see quail running through the wash behind the park! While busy watching them, I spotted Sherry and Missy, who I incorrectly named yesterday. Her real name is Trudy the red hair turned out to be well suited to her personality. 😊 Gibbs greeted her at the gate and they had a great time for about an hour and a half.


I was thrilled to see Mr. & Mrs. Gamble Quail for the second time
this winter!

There was a whole 'gang' of them chattering about

She was quite testy today with her little ball, only some of the time, and all he wanted to do was play. She’d snap at him and he’d run with her chasing him. That didn’t deter him and he’d run back wanting her to chase him again. It was quite entertaining and neither of them were in any danger of being hurt. Sherry couldn’t get over the many faces of Gibbs, always happy, while Trudy was like a grumpy little old lady. Ha ha (her words, not mine).

Sherry said, Trudy saw Gibbs and I go by so picked up
her ball to come to the park.
So cute, him meeting her at the gate. ♥

They played hard and rested together

Bill was watching NCIS when we returned and Gibbs told him all about his fun. 😊 I made a tea and began today’s post. The sun was gorgeous up there and I appreciated it since we are facing east and don’t get afternoon sun from our patio. 

I don't have to tell you who's outside 
Gibbs looks like a posed toy in this picture

It has warmed up to 63F/17C and although the winds have picked up a bit, it is a lovely day. I worked on my afghan for a while, Gibbs at my side and turned Jeopardy on to see just how ‘dumb’ I really am. Ha ha, just kidding.

Burger night (like at Pilot Knob)

We had burgers and fries for supper and I really didn’t need so much. I just had a few fries and they were good! After dishes, Bill watched movies and I worked on my blog and my blanket. This has been a good day all around.

This one is a reminder to myself
'Someone' suggested that i could make this on my own
so I took another look 😀
Many clothes in these shops remind me of the late 60's, early 70's
Peace!
and
Good night!

Thanks for stopping in.


18 comments:

  1. Did seem like a very nice day! I was delighted that we warmed up a bit! Loved the pictures of the quail! They are my favorite birds. We don't see many where we live in Phoenix but the year we lived in Prescott we had them as frequent visitors in our backyard (which wasn't fenced). We fed them and enjoyed their antics :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto on delight over the warmer day!
      I love quails too and will enjoy them here.♥

      Delete
  2. You must be the envy of others as I read about the snow storms and power cuts in the Mid West while you are out and about walking with Gibbs. It looks a dry landscape where you have parked and "camped." I like the saguaro and the pecking bird. Gibbs seems to make friends at every stop. I remember those dresses and the "tie and dye" fashion. It was all the rage to wear one then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we are envied by those who don't like the snow and cold. especially those young'uns that are still working. :)
      It is very dry here, it could rain overnight! My girlfriend suggested I buy large shawls and make a dress like this.:D

      Delete
  3. To put a smile on your face.....it's minus 17 degrees celcius here this morning. It's cute how Gibbs and Trudy are playmates. Enjoy the sun friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr! you made my teeth chatter! Glad I know you are in a warm home♥

      Delete
  4. Gibbs is such a good buddy to play with!! He definitely keeps a close eye on you two!! So many areas to walk there ... I'm glad you are enjoying it!! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great spot, perfectly locale for everything. Lots of walking spaces for sure! It's warming up nicely now!

      Delete
  5. You are so lucky to have good hips, knees and feet and be able to do all that walking! Not to mention a little buddy for company. Seemed like a relaxing day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, I give thanks every night for the blessing of our good health. ♥

      Delete
  6. It's wonderful that Gibbs has a friend to play with, even if she's a little grumpy. It definitely have lots of options for your morning walks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we can all be a bit grumpy, can't we? Especially when men bother us? haha

      Delete
  7. love the sundresses and I think you definitely could make it yourself! It is nice that Gibbs enjoys the company of a friend LOL. Nice that you are enjoying where you are! I love the quail too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little dress too. :)
      Gibbs finds little girlfriends wheever he goes. He's just got that 'come on' smile. haha!

      Delete
  8. Gibbs is so cute. What kind of dog is he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a good day here too. Cold, but very bright sun that left me feeling spring is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good to hear. Even though it is cold, that sun is amazing!

      Delete