Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Much Better Day! More Laundry, Gibbs Makes a Friend

Park Place RV Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Thursday, Feb. 3rd Gibbs woke up at 5:55 and since Bill had him out at midnight, we told him to go back to sleep. He did until 6:30 and Bill had to get up anyway. When they came back to bed, once again, we told Gibbs to “go back to sleep” and he did. 😊 I think that is so cute and shows how smart he is. 

Gibbs in his little coat for a cold morning

At 7:15, he and I got up and went out for our walk, leaving our night hawk in bed. It was only 35F/1.6C when we headed out so I’d slipped his sweater on and was glad I did. There were still winds but nothing compared to yesterday, no where close. We had a nice walk, down the road to the dead end and then through the trail into the desert. I guess we miss that a bit!

Looking down to the dead end at
Quail Trail Road

The sun was going to bring us joy today

It didn't take long to pup over the horizon

When we came back, I dawdled and lingered across the road until the sun popped up over the mountains. It was almost 8 when we returned and found our sleeping beauty still in bed. I slid the door to upstairs closed and got Gibbs his breakfast and made my tea. It wasn’t long and Bill joined us. He got ready once again and after some cereal, headed over to the flying field. Yesterday, I forgot to tell you that he returned almost immediately since it was too windy for them to do anything.

Gibbs found another stick
But abandoned it before returning home

I saw the neighbours taking bags of laundry across to the clubhouse to knew I’d have to wait if I wanted to do my last load. It was all of the house scatter mats and my Norwex cleaning materials. I wandered over after 30 minutes and hung around to get a washer. There was a Norman Rockwell puzzle on the table in the dining area so I sat with the host and we worked away at it until he left to do his tour around the park.

Gibbs meets yet another girlfriend
this one is more his size, finally

With the laundry dried, I took the basket over to bring them back. Slowly, but surely, we’re getting everything cleaned up. Maybe tomorrow I’ll strip the bed and do the sheets and towels or maybe wait until after the weekend. It feels good to get things dust-free again. Bill returned around 12:15 and I made us Bob Evan’s sausage patties with eggs for lunch. They were good for a change.

Isn't she a cutie? Sherry called her
Little Miss but I think Missy was her name

When dishes were done, Gibbs and went for a walk to the dog park. We were in luck! Sherry, whom I just met, had her ‘dash-pom’ (?). This was good for Gibbs and the two of them had a ball! We stayed and chatted, watching our babies. She’s quite a talker but that’s okay, I hope we bump into each other again. They are from Washington State. 😊

Missy brings her own ball and they shared it
very well
Here, Gibbs sits beside it like a trophy

It was nice and warm in the sun, semi-sheltered from the winds so much nicer than yesterday. This morning, in between and after the laundry, I sat at the table and counted stitch clusters on each end and side of my Afghan. Deb suggested this in response to my plea last night so when I realized one end was wider than the other, sat and ripped out 3 rounds – for starters. I need to figure out why it’s happening. LOL

                                                             Enjoy some of their fun.

Before I knew it, I was ripping out more and more. Bill thought I would have given up on a lot sooner than I was but I was actually enjoying the challenge. It won’t be fore anyone but us here in the Suite but I still want it to look nice. We sat together for the remainder of the afternoon and at 3, we started watching NCIS reruns. I know I dozed for a bit during one of the episodes but sometimes when I’m tired, I need something to put me to sleep. Ha ha.

Back home, someone konked out for much of the afternoon

For supper, Bill suggested air frying the Italian sausage, something I hadn’t thought of. We thought it was too chilly and windy to bbq so I’d planned on Madame IP cooking them for us. Turns out, the air fryer was the way to go. They cooked in about 25 minutes but they not only looked great, they tasted wonderful! As a side, I just pulled out a garden salad and added my new flavour treat, avocado. Funny how all of a sudden, I’m enjoying this taste.

Tonight's supper

After dishes, I slipped out and took a picture of the sky after the sun set. Gibbs has been sleeping a lot this afternoon, his play date wore him out. Yay!


We watched this bird flag a couple of doors down
and against the night sky it looks awesome
Good night!!

Thank you for joining us on this great day!

14 comments:

  1. Hi; not sure how I found your blog, but am enjoying reading your days. I live in Phoenix. We recently drove through Quartzsite on a trip back from the LA area. We took a detour off Highway 10 to check out the town as I had read the book Nomadland and was curious about the town. Hopefully we'll warm up some soon as I'm not liking these cool temps we've been having!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi betty. Thank you for reading no matter how you found my blog. Plus, thank you for the comment. :) Quartzsite is quite the town, the flocks of rv'ers are indeed much like Nomadland. The movie is actually good too.
      Days are getting warmer here, hope yours are too!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Gibbs is making friends. I have a bird like the one your neighbours have and will have to get it out soon. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. He needs to get comfortable playing with others. ;)
      I love the way these bird flags flutter so realistically.

      Delete
  3. Gibbs and Missy sure got some good exercise. It's so cute to watch. No wonder he had a good nap. I appreciate your determination on your blanket. Never give up!
    The park looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun watching our baby learn to play! :) I took a lot out of my blanket but won't give up. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yay ... someone to occupy Gibbs for awhile!! Sure looked like he was having fun. Hopefully the weather will clear up so Bill can get some flying in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to help him use up all that puppy energy is good!
      I hope the winds continue to drop as well. ;) I'm sure it will work out.

      Delete
  5. Gibbs and Missy both got a good workout, no wonder he slept so well. Good for them!

    Glad the weather improved some for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maebeme. Each day is better and better. The 'kids' sure had fun!

      Delete
  6. I wonder if I will ever get the dirt and sand from my MH. And dog hair! Glad Gibbs found a girlfriend to play with. Weather is improving by the day thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't in a dust free environment no matter where we live but that desert sure did a number on everything!

      Delete