Sunday, February 13, 2022

Super Bowl Sunday? Super Great Sunday

 Park Place Resort, Quartzsite, Az

On Sunday, Feb. 13th we were up together just before 8. Slept in a bit which is always okay for a Sunday. Heck, it’s okay for any day when you’re retired! 😊 So, we got up and I sorted laundry before taking Gibbs for a short walk. It wasn’t a bad morning at all, but it was a tad cooler than the previous couple of days. Who can complain about 46G/8C? Not me!

Because I didn't take many pics today
Let's go back to our first year
Feb. 13th, 2017
We left Quartzsite and drove to Banning, CA
to Silent Valley RV Park 
The drive was a white-knuckled one in spots
but the park was beautiful.
this was taken part way up the 2 lane highway

I took the laundry over and both machines were empty. Gotta love that. Bill was debating about going flying so didn’t leave until after I got back from switching the clothes over to the dryers. I made my tea and sat with Gibbs until it was time to go and fold them. Bill returned from the field around 10:30.

Gibbs hangs close to Daddy 
good time to slip out to the clubhouse

There was a Potluck at the clubhouse for anyone interested in watching the Super Bowl so I went over around 11 to work on the puzzle. I didn’t know how many people would be attending and didn’t want to get in the way. Patty said I wouldn’t be in the way at all and since we weren’t into the game or the potluck, I wandered back home at noon for lunch. I hate leaving the puzzle when it is so close to being done.

Another green keto snack
Keto peanut butter fudge
It's delicious! It's the Collagen tea that makes it green.

We agreed on sandwiches and the pastrami, cheese and lettuce hit the spot. I had mine in a low carb wrap. Yum. After returning to the clubhouse around 12:30, I worked steady until I finished the puzzle around 2. Rick, the host, came in to set up the tv for the 2:30 arrivals. Dinner was at 3 so I was just as happy to be out of there. I don’t think it is a big crowd attending, which is unfortunate but then again, maybe they like smaller gatherings.

And here is the finished product 💓

I talked to Patty, Rick’s wife/host, about what they do at Christmas for a meal as we are tossing ideas around for next year. If it is only the two of us, we may be changing our norm. All to be determined but we are flexible and that is good because we are both pretty much on the same page. 😊

This gives you a sneak peek at what
my current book is about

When I came back to the Suite, Bill and Gibbs were upstairs watching tv so I started my post for today. I’m enjoying my book so then I sat for a while reading. It was cooler outside than in and that’s where I read with my afternoon cup of tea. I feel that I should raise my baby finger when I say that but I need it to type with. 😊

At 4:45 I came inside and began preparing meatloaf for supper and once it was in the oven for 45 minutes, came back in and peeled the last 4 potatoes from a 5 lb. bag we’ve had for a long time. Surprisingly, they’ve stayed good in the hall closet. The meatloaf was done at 6 and so was everything else. Corn for Bill and broccoli for me. Yum, it was all delicious! I made enough potatoes so Bill would have them as leftovers for a couple more meals.


It doesn't look like a lot but that is a 
big piece of yummy meatloaf!

I finished loading the dishwasher and sat to finish my post. Not many pictures today but that’s what I get for sticking close to home. We didn’t make it to the dog park today but Gibbs got a couple of extra walks by both of us around the area.

Look at those newbies!
Saying goodbye at Quartzsite


We were all so 'green' at this
But loved it enough to return to the lifestyle
somewhere warm 😍

This was a wonderful Sunday, made better only by being together and having a great meal. If you watched the S.B., I hope you were pleased with the result. The previews for the half-time show were enough to make me glad not to be a fan. Sorry! Personal opinion only. 😊

Gosh, it's fun to see our joy in that first year.
Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit!

6 comments:

  1. Loved the last picture and the smiles on your and your husband's faces :) Puzzle came out really good! Didn't seem long to get it done once you got going at it! Dinner looked yummy too! We didn't watch the Super Bowl. Haven't watched pro sports for the past couple of years. We're fine with that :) Did go to our grandson's 6th birthday party (his birthday is Tuesday) but the party got over at 3 o'clock; plenty of time for people to get home to catch the game (started here at 4:30). We walked Winslow around 5 o'clock. The park was empty so we know where every one was, lol :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Gibbs always gets the best seat in the house!! The Super Bowl was a bust. I watched the commercials, turned it to another channel when they played. Not my cup of tea either!! It seems there's no sense of humor any more!! Your meatloaf looks yummy. Funny how the cheapest meat makes the best dinner. Happy Valentine's Day to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on that puzzle, it would have taken me weeks to get it done.

    No Super Bowl here..there was curling and other Olympic sports to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes on getting that puzzle done. I don't watch the Super Bowl either.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it is OK to sleep in everyday! But my body clock wakes me at 7am EVERY day. YOur completed jigsaw looks good - are you going to frame it Or will you jumble the pieces and redo it again one day? I will take the corn for dinner, I belong to the group that is "allergic" to broccoli!

    ReplyDelete