Monday, February 20, 2023

4 Hour Puzzle, Happy Hour, Too Much Gin?

Park Place RV Park

Sunday, Feb. 19th I was happy to sleep in a bit. Except for Tuesday and Sunday, I have had something going on each morning. Because of Fitness in February, 3 of those mornings are quite early to be up and out the door, especially during our winter when I’m not used to it.

A pretty sky picture this morning

Bill left for the field and while Gibbs and I went for our walk. A lovely day was coming with highs in the low 70’s. That’s low 20’s back home. Nice day. I’ve been extremely lazy with reading our friends blog posts so I apologize for not being up to date with those. I walk over to work on the puzzle and that’s where I remain planted until noon.

Today's easy puzzle

Today, I started a new 500 pc. puzzle and it was a nice easy one. It was half done when I returned home for lunch. I was the only one working on it so I went back at 1 for another hour and finished it. 

This is how I left it at noon

At 2:15, we left Gibbs at home, where he would be happiest, and drove to Roadrunner to meet the gang. This time it truly is a ‘gang’ of 9 for the first time this winter. 😊

The diesel price at 'our' Arco down the street
is awesome!

Finished
It was too easy but still fun

It was perfectly hot and I was able to sit in the sun as we sat together around Tom and Deb’s patio. We laughed a lot, shared a lot of stories and indulged. 

Apparently, I indulged too much and made my second gin drink a bit too strong……or maybe it was a combination of that an whatever Bill has been dealing with. He was sick a couple of times on Saturday at the fun fly which we put down to not enough water, too much sun and not sitting at all between 7 am and noon.

Doug and Bill and Yuma
Yuma is 'tethered' between Doug's legs
but he seems perfectly used to it!

Either way, I was useless once we got in the truck and even though Bill grilled 2 burgers, one bite was too much for me. I've hardly had any alcohol this winter - maybe that's the problem! I went to bed at 7:30 and soon lost everything I’d eaten today. I remained in bed for the whole evening. I’m glad Bill had our 2 Sunday night programs set up to record, as I would have missed them. I hate feeling this way, who doesn’t?, but hope to nip it in the bud with all my sleep. 😊 

L to R
Riley, Deb K, Dave, Doug, Yuma, Bill, Tom, Deb D, Cheryl
Cheers!

Pretty sky and the breeze that picked up later
was quite welcome 

Other than the evening, this was a wonderful day. It is always great to get the ‘band’ back together for a Happy Hour or two.


We left the desert and headed for home
around 5:30

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

    What a great puzzle, and you finished it so quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better! sucks to be sick! I love Dave and Cheryl and wish we could've spent time with them too! Love the sky pics!

    ReplyDelete