Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Some Improvement in the Weather? Clear Skies, Boxing Class

Park Place RV Park

We had some relief from the strong winds on Tuesday starting around 11 pm. It seemed to just stop, according to Bill. The gazebo looked pretty beaten down although that’s just because the roof was inverted plus 3 sides were pushed in to lessen the power of the gusts. We were all up by 7 this morning, Wednesday, Feb. 15th and when Bill took Gibbs out, he took the time to push things back into shape. 😊

A sunny start to our day

We took turns getting washed and ready for the day. I slipped out into the chilly (downright cold!) day with Gibbs for a rushed walk around the park’s perimeter. We didn’t leave the grounds this time. I was dressed in thin stretch pants so had no plan to stay in the 36F/2.2C any longer than necessary. Brrrr! Then I walked to my 3rd exercise class at 8 o'clock.

Then one more picture so you can see the
flag first thing this morning
That didn't last though

This was a ‘boxing/self-defense’ class and even though I had some muscles still making themselves known from Monday’s cardio class, I was pumped for it. In a past burst of youthfulness (ha!), I belonged to a total of 3 fitness clubs. Which I never stuck with. Only long enough to benefit from my first year’s payment. 😊 It became harder and harder to attend BUT I did partake in a few Tae Bo classes during those years.

Bill and the club members were
getting things ready for their event
that starts Friday night

Today, was a good class, surprisingly I enjoyed it a lot. There were only the 4 of us and I noticed that I wasn’t the only one losing my place in the 4 or 5 step movements of Stephanie, our instructor. That was good! So, ‘jab, cross, hook, upper, block, duck, kick’ may not have looked so neatly done but the effect was mostly the same.

The 750-piece puzzle I started

After class, we took turns using those arm movements against a large exercise ball that Stephanie held in front of her. 😊 Whether I could put it into practice at an impossible moment, who knows? But I have the knowledge now. There are 4 more classes before she leaves the park so I hope to participate each time, God willing. Back home, I had my tea and sat with Gibbs to read a few more chapters of my book.

Bill was at the field this morning and mostly to prepare things for the weekend fun fly at the Quartzsite field. It sounds like he is on top of things and has the field ready. The good news is that although today won’t be any warmer than 55F/12.7C, the weekend looks quite nice. The winds picked up today – again – not as bad but still gusts to 26 mph and it never really felt warm under that blue sky.

I know, it's pretty easy but still something to
do

After lunch, I started a new puzzle. It’s 750 pieces and from a box of 10 different beautiful pictures. I chose the mailboxes today and worked away from 12:45 until 3 by myself. It’s an easy one but it’s the whole idea of keeping busy and enjoying myself. 😊 I made another cup of tea and trust me; I needed the warmth after being out in the wind.

The chicken was perfect!!
Crispy on the outside
and moist on the inside

For supper, we had air fried chicken thighs with a couple of potatoes and a vegetable. There was some decent tv on tonight to watch and we did that together in between reading during commercials. This hasn’t been the best day as far as weather, but this winter, we’ve become used to accepting it for what it is and realizing that it could always be worse. Okay, so I complain a bit too. 😊

Feb. 15th, 2022
Much warmer weather and Gibbs helps Daddy

Last years fuel price today
For the record, Bill checked ours this afternoon
and it is $4.09/gallon for diesel
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in to see what’s new.

6 comments:

  1. The cooler temperatures would not be so bad if the wind was not with us. Fingerscrossed that tomorrow is better. Looking forward to the 70's predicted for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Diesel is back down a bit. It's cool that your gazebo can just be pulled in when it's windy, then pushed out again. It seems to be working out very nicely. Love that Gibbs is so cuddly ... same with Cooper. Exercise? What's that???? I admit, I felt much better after running up and down my stairs carrying Cooper so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased an air fryer a few months ago and I love it, especially with cuts of meat. I won't do sausage on the stove again - no splatter with the air fryer! Both chicken and pork chops are so tender and juicy. I've done fish too, and even meatballs. Mine doesn't have a name though. :)
    We're back in some cooler weather, though our weekend is supposed to be nice before it gets cold again. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our temperature here in Hanover was +9C yesterday. Lovely for February in West Grey. Back to 0C this morning though. Enjoy your warmer weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad there will be nice weather for the air show. I'm sure I will enjoy it. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boxing class! You are a brave girl. LOL. Ken cooked tonight in his Emeril Air Fryer. He cooked 3 thighs and a huge (looked like half a chicken) chicken breast for me. 45 min. I though oh no this breast would not be done! It was and delicious! I think i'll let him cook more often! The air show is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete