Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Laundry Day, Restful Afternoon, It's All About Pizza!

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Feb. 22nd we were up and sorting laundry shortly after 7:30. Neither of us felt too energetic so walked the clothes over together. The girls were just getting into their boxing fitness class when we walked through. Two machines were loaded and after switching them over to dryers, we were done folding and having clothes put away by 10:30.

Windy but still a pretty morning

It gave me a chance to finish my blog from yesterday. Last night, either the internet or my laptop was so slow, I had no patience for it. Life is too short to sit and wait for it. This morning wasn’t a whole lot better but I got it done before hopping in the shower. Bill worked on his blog, which you can check out here. We didn’t want to eat too much for lunch since we had ‘linner’ plans, as Shirley calls it, but we did have a wee bit. 😊

For those who have never been, maybe
you're wondering what the big deal is about
Silly Al's Pizza
If you're curious, here's some history




We met Dave, Cheryl, Tom, Deb D, Doug, Riley and Deb K at Silly Al’s. I’m so glad both Bill and I were feeling better although doing the laundry tired us out earlier! LOL As always, it was a great get-together and as we hugged and said our goodbyes, they were followed up with ‘if all goes well, we’ll see you before you leave.’


This afternoon, I started my next book, this one a David Baldacci called Long Shadow. The last one was a quick read with Stone Barrington. Bill had a Turkey Sandwich with a Shrimp Cocktail (which he shared with me) and I had a small Al’s Combo pizza. It was delicious and half of it came home with me.

A yummy shrimp cocktail

The winds have been gusting all day and our gazebo looks pretty dilapidated but we know it is fine. Hopefully, these strong winds will die off through the night and tomorrow will be calmer. We barely reached the high of 57F/14C today even under partly sunny skies. Not sure what tv will bring tonight but my book is starting out quite interesting if I need something else.

This is actually Dave and Cheryl's
Al's Combo pizza but it was on the top tier
and easier to pose

Meatlovers was the most popular, I think
and that's Bill's Turkey Sandwich plate

Good times with good friends
and good food
PS - in case you didn't recognize him, that's Doug front right corner 
with his new look - Love it!
Cheers and Good Night!

This was a pretty easy-going day. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get back over to poker pool and puzzles. 😊 Thank you for the visit!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting read about Silly Al's. It was a fun time with good friends. I hope "all goes well" and we get at least one more chance to get together and share some more fun and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? No Hawaiian pizza??? Seriously, there's nothing better than friends eating yummy pizza on an ugly windy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill doesn't like leftovers so eats the whole 'small' pizza and it's too much so he switched it up. 😊

      Delete
  3. Looks like an awesome time, other than there are a few unsmiling people LOL. I know just bad camera timing! Hopefully there is one more Happy Hour together in the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm Silly Al's ... my mouth is watering, they make the best pizza! And spending time with friends only make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pizza looks delicious - I can see why it is so popular. Hard to believe your season is nearing an end. We're still in the depths of winter here. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting read about Silly Al's. I really enjoyed that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to have pizza at Silly Al's. It was delicious. It's good to see a picture of you all too.

    ReplyDelete