Saturday, February 25, 2023

An Impulse Plan, Sometimes Good, Sometimes It Doesn't Work Out

Park Place RV Park - Today, I'm including pictures of the drive

On Saturday, Feb. 25th Bill was up at 6:30 with Gibbs and stayed downstairs. We had made a bit of an impulsive plan last night mostly due to the forecast of high winds and on Saturday, not much goes on here. If anything! There was no real rush and so when Bill stretched out on the covers for a few relaxed shut-eyes at 7:15, I just remained quiet.

The terrain and landscaping here
is as up and down as the weather this winter 
But I love it!

Driving through the mountains
Such a variety of colours

Once we held hands, Gibbs was in the middle like a dirty shirt. He never gets any attention, you know. 😊 Poor little guy is deprived of love. We each had some cereal, mine was the last of my steel cut oatmeal, and then after our hot drink, all 3 of us hopped into Black Beauty. Day trip! Because there was to be both wind AND rain today (originally) we debated leaving at all but the rain has been delayed until 5 or later.

The sky was also evver-changing
Clouds moving to create different formations
and temperature changes

The gazebo can’t be left in either position with both elements, but as it was, we just popped the roof down. I informed Patti we were going to Lake Havasu City to do some shopping and to surprise pop in on some friends and I’m sure if it rained before we returned, they’d keep an eye on it for us. It was a beautiful morning, Gibbs and I managed to get out for our walk before we left at 9 and the sky was mostly sunny.

Just a few pics of what I saw
in Lake Havasu worth a photo

First stop, the hobby store for Bill. He found some of what he was looking for and then we drove to the Hospice of Havasu Resale Store on London Bridge Road. I was looking for only a couple of things and found 1 of them, which is pretty good. Bill needs a pair of blue jeans patched for work and I have no jean material here. I found a small piece that will do the trick for .50¢. 😊

Driving along London Bridge Road
The lake was a gorgeous deep teal colour

I also found a couple of bras that HAVE to be more comfortable than some of mine and if not, the $$ spent was minor. Then I went off the rails and picked up something totally impractical but just so darn cool that I had to have it and will fill it with something! From there, we went to Walmart only because I needed a card and some flowers for Rose. Today is her birthday and who doesn’t love fresh irises?


My off the rails purchase
I love it!

We were hungry and it was noon so we swung by the old standby (it was so close), McDonald’s. We took turns going in for our meal and ended up each getting a Big Mac combo. He’s never sure what I want until I weigh things out on the order boards so this was just easiest. My mind had been focused on a salad at another take out place but when this was so close, I couldn’t say no. So, it was good and all that but we were both very full, me more than I needed to be. Bad girl!

From Lake Havasu City to Parker,
such a beautiful drive

Then we drove to Rose and George’s only to learn by messaging them, that they’d left earlier for Las Vegas for a few days. What a great way to celebrate a birthday but we were sorry to have missed them. Bill slipped her card in between the doors and I thanked him for the flowers. 😊 They wouldn’t survive. On the way home, Bill pulled over so I could take pictures of some of the purple and white flowers along the highway. They’re so pretty against the desert brown.

Still coming close to Parker

We stopped in Parker where I ran into Walmart for the groceries on our list, plus a few extras and came out with 5 bags under $100. No meat this time but we’re good again for another couple of weeks. We arrived home safely by 3 and rested for the rest of the day/evening. No supper required, other than perhaps a snack later.

I asked Bill to stop so I could capture
this unusual sighting in the desert
Stunning!

After downloading the pics, I played with colours
on my Google photos

I even had a ‘pocket dial’ video call with 3 of my sisters while we were driving and a nice long text chat with our buddies back home. The rain hadn’t started yet although our tent is hugging the ground in preparation. 

Our good little traveler
Looks like he wanted to see the scenery behind us 😆
Then satisfied, he went to sleep 💓

It was still a really good day been though we missed out on seeing the Goodons'.

Happy Birthday, Rose!
I will enjoy your flowers for you!
Good night y'all.

Thanks for the pop-in!

13 comments:

  1. Interesting way to get 💐. It turned out to be a pretty nice day in spite of the wind and a nice day for a drive to Parker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a pretty ride between Parker and Lake Havasu City with the Colorado River and the mountain views along the way. Nice pictures of the ride. Those look like very pretty flowers you will be enjoying for Rose...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always such a lovely drive. I will enjoy Rose's flowers indeed.

      Delete
  3. Such nice pictures Patsy. It's too bad that you didn't get to see Rose and George. Cute that Gibbs enjoys the scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It works have been perfect had we seen our friends.

      Delete
  4. Love your purchase!!! I've given up on good weather. As long as the hurricane winds don't blow, I'm good with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, i saw it as sign a i walked in and for $3.50 had to have it!

      Delete
  5. That basket is so cute! Of course, my mind goes straight to it holding some sort of craft project. :)
    The scenery is stunning, and the photos of the flowers in the desert are so lovely. Sorry you didn't get to see your friends, but a day trip sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly where my mind went to! For $3.50 it was mine. It's a lovely drive, sorry we missed our friends though.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to have missed you - only by about 15 min! Thank you for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too but I'm glad we didn't hold you up from your fun weekend. I'll enjoy the flowers for you. 😘

      Delete
  7. I love the basket! Good find! Beautiful flowers! Happy birthday Rose! Great day out for the 3 of you! Maybe you can meet up with them before you leave. Beautiful drive!

    ReplyDelete