Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tuesday’s Are Quiet, The Calm Ends as Does the Month

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Feb. 28th, we spend the last day of this short month quietly.  Things are improving in the Gibbs department, as far as his ‘trauma’, so that is the great news. He wouldn’t jump off the bed at 7 for Bill to put his leash on but once it was attached, he went out and they walked with no issue. Phew!


Main Street

The Troll has left the bridge

I was up by 7:30 and walked over to the laundry room with our sheets and duvet cover. Bill was just leaving for the flying field when I returned. It was such a lovely sunny morning that I decided to hang them on the line behind the clubhouse. There was a slight breeze first thing that increased by mid-morning so I knew it wouldn’t take long for them to dry.

It never ceases to amaze me,
a bright yellow flower from the desert

One of Quartzsite's churches takes up a block

My walk this morning gave me reasons to smile

After hanging them, I dropped the basket off at home and went for a walk to the Dollar General. I needed a couple of things. Today, I walked up to the highway and along Main Street. Yay! No troll anymore – maybe it’s my sidewalk now. ๐Ÿ˜Š It was a really nice leisurely walk listening to my podcast. Todays was about mothers, losing them, so it spoke to me.

A cute homestead on a nice lot


The sheets were almost dried by 9:30 but I gave them another 30 minutes before retrieving them from the lines. Bill got home just a few minutes after me and we hit the books. He finished The Overlook quickly and I finished Long Shadows. What a puzzler that one was but it was a good mystery to the very end. We both found new books from our cupboard to read.

Great day for drying on the line

After lunch, at which I had some of the Jambalaya, Bill and Gibbs dozed and I went over to the clubhouse. We have a couple of camping items that we are hoping to leave behind when we leave so I took them to the office. I hope someone in the park is interested. 

And another one blooms
They are so beautiful!

Gibbs and I went for our afternoon walk, he’s such a happy guy when we walk and loves to get his sniffs.

Here, he is dreaming of going for a walk
so, we went ๐Ÿ’“

When the wind returned, so did the clouds

but it was such a pretty sky

For supper, I made a full meal. Pork chops, potatoes, brussel sprouts and corn. Our dessert was the last of the yogourt cake. It was all very filling and tasted great. We have a few programs on pvr to watch but started with Wong and Winchester. This is a new one for us and it is quite cute. Already, after just a few episodes, it is the season finale.


Good night y'all!

This has been quiet but a really nice day and I actually got over 8,000 steps in for the first time in a loooonnnngggg time. Our two calm days have come to an end, as has the month of February. Tomorrow will bring rain, cool temps and more winds - again.

Thanks for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how Bill became the bad guy with the leash!! Glad he's getting over it! Dinner looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that Gibbs has realized Dad's okay to walk with again.
    Your comment about dropping off camping items made me wonder, are you on the move soon?

    ReplyDelete