Thursday, February 16, 2023

Another Good Day

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Feb. 16th Bill was up at 7 to get ready to go to the flying field. He’s busy with preparations. It was my day to sleep in a bit so it was 7:30 when I got up with Gibbs. He’d already been out with Daddy once. 😊 It was cold, 36F/2C, but I took him out for his walk around the park’s outer perimeter and we scooted back in for my tea.

Good morning

I also had some hot oatmeal and then walked over for Ladies Poker Pool. Today was another great day. I tied for second place out of 5 of us and Susan and I were only 1 point off the lead. Yay, I am getting better cards, doubles and triples. 😊 Bill returned from the field and came over to support me, us while we played a few more shots.

Lunch

Finished the top puzzle
Started the bottom one after lunch with Susan
She worked on the lower, I worked on the upper
we met in the middle

For lunch, I had another cold plate, this time I splurged and had some of the fresh French bread too. It’s hard to resist and the pieces are small but delicious. While Bill and Gibbs dozed, I went back to the clubhouse. Susan and I finished one and she chose another that we started. These 750-piece puzzles aren’t taking long but we are enjoying them.

Donna sent these pictures of The Ridge
back home
The lane is snow covered but it is not bad up on the hill

I was home at 4 and took Gibbs out for a walk. We met Carol Ann and Kobus as they headed across the desert with their remote-controlled cars. Gibbs got his ‘pets’ before we moved on. 

After our walk, we rested
Someone is very tired and it isn't me

I love this picture
Carol Ann and Kobus with their 'toys'
All they need is a little red wagon πŸ’“

I had my second tea of the day and Bill suggested going out for supper. Times Three Family Restaurant was my choice, first time this winter, and we were in and out in 90 minutes easy.

I caught the sunset on our way out
for our meal

We watched Swamp People and Ghosts together before I called it a night. I have a fitness class in the morning so didn’t stay up beyond my 10 o’clock ‘curfew’. 😊 This was still a bit of a windy day but the sky was clear and we know that tomorrow is the beginning of another warming trend.

I got a kick out of this table of seniors
even more senior than Bill and I
They all had their cell phones out 
I love the decor in the restaurant
These guys over our table reminded me
of the ones Gayle made many years ago

I had the Reuben and tator tots
Bill had the Clubhouse and fries
Food was good but not the best Reuben I've had
I didn't have to cook! Yay!

Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

10 comments:

  1. ANOTHER puzzle ... you are becoming a pro!! Hmmm remote controlled cars ... that sounds like it might be a fun hobby!! Love that little puppy face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had the patience to make those beautiful stacked & toasted sandwiches, yum! Great puzzling too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 1000 piece puzzle has about 700 pieces to go. It amazes me how quickly you get them done.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess because I don't have all the other things going on that you do, I have the time. :)

      Delete
  4. Yummy dinner. I was visiting Quartzsite yesterday for just a short while. Very busy at the Dollar Store. Hope Bill is ready for tonight and tomorrow. We'll catch the Saturday show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reuben wasn't the best i've had, but worth a try. :)
      Bill is ready, started tonight. I stayed home so he doesn't have a cold whiny wife to deal with! haha

      Delete