Sunday, February 12, 2023

Clouds, Sun, She’s Pretty Again! Experiment

Park Place RV Park

Sunday, Feb 12th we woke up to mostly clouds and they stayed around until 10:00 or so. Bill and I skipped our ‘usual’ morning routines other than I did take Gibbs for his walk. Bill had his cereal and we each made a hot brew to take with us to Parker. Black Beauty was happy for the ‘run’ and we'd decided to get the bulk of our groceries at Walmart. It has never steered us wrong and today was no exception. We got quite a pile of groceries for $205! 

a cloudy start to our Sunday

When we reached Walmart, the sky was showing 
improvement

Before leaving town, Bill pulled into Terrible’s for a DIY truck wash. $4 for 14 minutes. A definite improvement. We had no other stops so headed home, arriving soon after 11. It was close to noon by the time we had everything stored away and I’d separated the chicken thighs, pork chops and sausages into meal size baggies. The freezer is now full and we are well stocked again. Now, our shopping trip to Yuma, on Tuesday, will be easier, with fewer stops to make there.


The Royal treatment
for Black Beauty
Bill actually came out of this dry!

We had lunch, another cold plate for me. It was a full plate because now I had all the things that I liked filling it. My eyes were a bit bigger than my stomach (really?) as I was stuffed and pawned some cheddar off on Bill AND Gibbs. 😊 By now, the clouds had moved out of the way and Bill had been wise in his thought to turn our power off and the inverter on before we left. Every penny saved helps.


The sky just improved throughout the day

I knew today was Super Bowl Sunday, of which we’re not fans at all, and there was a potluck at 3 in the clubhouse. That being said, we were not participating BUT I did want to work on the new puzzle for a bit before it began. A couple of hours was enough and I returned home. I must admit that Patti and Rick’s pulled pork, that was cooking in a crock pot, smelled yummy!

this is a nice puzzle
Not too difficult but we all seem to be enjoying it

I painted for a while back home and used the clear coat spray that I just bought this morning to finish a few. Then, I joined Bill in wiping down Black Beauty. She looked much improved after the wash but the spots on the windows and body were frustrating. I used my Norwex cloths, wet and dry, to wipe it down and Bill followed me with his cleaning products that cover everything with a water repellant. She’s glimmering now and very happy. I can tell. 😊

I came in at 4:15, my job done, poured Bill a Coke 0 and made a cup of tea for moi. Every once in a while, the winds would gust but for the most part, this gorgeous day seemed never ending. It’s great to be in shorts and sleeveless tops again, while it lasts I’ve heard from Mitch back home and he reports, as does Donna, to having a beautiful day there too. Sunny and 4C/40F. That’s good for Ontario in February.

When Gibbs and I came inside, he
had to keep watching Daddy out the window
Bill was on a break from applying the two coats 
rub on rub off - twice, I think

Okay, I mentioned an experiment. If you'll indulge me, I'll tell a story in between today's pictures. Throughout November and December I was pestered with bouts of shingles often. I mean, sometimes 2 and 3 times in a week. Before one ended, another would begin. I’d take my pills and apply cream often but it didn’t seem to matter. It became quite painful and annoying! Around Christmas I had 3 breakouts in 7 days, that lasted until New Year’s Day, actually Jan. 2nd/23 to be exact.

Sitting inside, I took this picture
Can you guess what it is?
I held the camera up to photograph
the sun disappearing behind clouds and when I saw this
effect, I snapped it
So much for the scene outside!

I had 5 bottles of 50 pills from Algodones and decided to bite the bullet and take one a day for the month of January. Usually, the dosage is 2 per day, morning and night, during the breakout. I didn’t have one single bout from that day on. So! The experiment was to NOT take them for February and see what happens. I was good until yesterday afternoon when I noticed one on the back of my upper right thigh. Drats! It was so nice not to have the pain, itch, and temporary scars. Last night, I started the pills again.

Here's BB all decked out

Whoot whoot!
Bill took these pictures for me


I hope you don’t think I’m asking for sympathy, I’m not, and it isn’t necessary for you to remind me about the vaccine. I’m fully aware of it. Unless you’ve had shingles and then got the vaccine, you can’t really know if it will work. I did have the first one, Zostavax, in ’97 or ’98. It didn’t stop them.

The newest 2 dose Shingrix (which I’m not sure of my faith in either) is available to me and I may decide this summer to get it OR since our friend, Nancy, has picked me up 3 bottles from L.A. on her last visit,I may just take one a day and go with that. Until it doesn’t work. 😊 Anyway, that’s where I am. Well, that was a long ‘story’! Now it is also on record for me down the road to answer ‘when did I get the breakouts, when did I take the pills’ etc. if I should forget.

Supper was tasty and I pulled 
a piece of cherry pie from the freezer
for each of us 😍

I took Gibbs for a walk around the park around 5, still a lovely evening. 

For supper, we had leftover hamburger ghoulash (?) with a couple of baby potatoes and a vegetable. Easy peasy and tasty at the same time. It was a quiet evening, nothing on tv, so we watched the second dvd of The BeeGees. The first one, last night, was their life story. This one is mostly a concert. We enjoy them and have had and watched the dvd's for many years. Another great day for us here in the park, which is quiet with many sportsters inside watching the game. 😊

a beautiful evening sky
Good night!

Thank you for the pop in.

9 comments:

  1. Boy, that shine on Black Beauty puts my old van to shame. :O)
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Shingles as I had them about 12 years ago,
    very miserable. I haven’t gotten the vaccine either. I think it was
    Mayo Clinic that said B12 under the tongue type, daily was a huge help.
    B12 ministers to the nerves. It can’t hurt to try. What are the pills
    you take and can you get them in the US?
    Take care. πŸ™‚
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of work, but the BB does shine. Great work, you two. I am so glad Dolly, got her Shingles shots last year. I wish I had. Each time I read about you having a breakout, I say I'm going to do it, but by the time I get home, I forget. Hope I'm one of those whot is lucky enough not to get it, but I'm pushing my luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like B12 would be a help also ... you never know. At any rate, I would definitely take the pills ... write notes on the bottle if you have a breakout ... that way you will know if it's working or not. I hate taking pills, but I'd rather not be in pain. Those puzzles ... I'm buying 500 piece ones, hopefully smaller and easier to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Beauty looks so shiny and pretty. Those break outs you have cannot be fun. Tom and I got a shingles shot a while back and then we heard wrong one does not work. So it makes you question will the knew one work. So far we have been lucky and hopefully your "experiment" will work for you for a very, very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor girl having to suffer with those shingle outbreaks. At least they have medication to help although a cure and knowing what causes those would be better. I had two vaccinations with Shingrix two years ago (free from OHIP) and hope I will never get shingles. We have hard water here too in Florida that leave spots ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're dealing with shingles, it sure doesn't sound pleasant. I read your post late last night, and woke up to an ad on FB for Shingrix - funny how that happens. I've thought about getting it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    BB looks great, and that puzzle looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had mine yet, still thinking about it. My sister had shingles breakouts every year, got the vaccine a few years back and so far so good for her.

    Black Beauty looks spiffy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many people have shingles trouble! I know I mentioned my good results so far from lysine every day, so wont' say anything again, except I JUST DID say something. Anyway, tiny little episodes. I have considered the second vax. I've done the first years ago. Glad you are having decent weather and are enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete