Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Best Yet Since the New Year, Why We're Here

Park Place RV Park

We woke up on Saturday, Feb. 11th to the best weather day in a long time – although we didn’t realize it right away. The sky was pretty cloudy but the temperature was high 40’s and there was just a teensy breeze from the northwest. We sorted laundry at 7:30 and before taking Gibbs for his walk, I carried the basket over.

I was out early enough to capture
this gorgeous morning sky

It wasn’t even 8 am yet so I took advantage of all 3 washers and did my Mexico blanket, bath mat and slippers separately. 😊 First come – you know. I returned home and took the little guy around the block. Bill was just leaving for the flying field when we returned. After transferring the clothes into 2 dryers, I went for my walk around the residential area before making a tea and having some cereal.

Gibbs walks
Pretty yellow flowers are everywhere in the desert

I love the residential area just to see the
beautiful homes
On the right, a prickly pear cactus hides under
a creosote bush

By now, it was already warming up, 54F/12C and the clouds were actually spreading and thinning out. Yes! With the clothes done and home, I went outside with Gibbs and sat in the sun. I felt so warm that I was grateful for the breeze and that doesn’t happen often! Reaching the high of 73F/23C seemed like a milestone and even though we know it will all change for the worse next week again, we’re loving it today.


Gibbs finds shade under my chair
My lunch plate was filling
with protein and fats

I made a cold plate for lunch and rewrote our grocery list. It was pretty scribbly as we just added things quickly to it helter-skelter-like. We’re planning a day trip to Yuma early in the week to do some shopping, food and otherwise. 

the familiar Q Mountain

After we ate, we drove to Tyson Wells. Bill wanted something from his favourite tent vendor and I needed a new spatula from the Kitchen Tent. When we left there, we drove through Q Mountain Vista, a housing complex at the base of the Q Mountain. Gerry and Melinda, do you remember the fun we had climbing it? We get a kick out of reminiscing about that climb and that property. They have built a brick 'fence' between the two now but wouldn't that have been cool?

We love the brick fences lining some properties
The top half of the picture is a long view
The bottom half is a close up, this would be a painstaking build!

I started a puzzle in the clubhouse and Adele and Susan chipped in while they were playing pool. It is only 500 pieces so it looks small on the table and should be done fairly quickly. I prefer the ones that take longer but we’ll get these donated ones out of the way first. 😊 Back home before 4, Gibbs and I went for our afternoon walk. I’ll say it again; What a gorgeous day!

For supper, leftover mac & cheese and I needed to make something with ground beef. We are out of eggs so no meat loaf tonight (I wasn’t in the mood to make it anyway) so I just ‘created’. I’m sure that is what Mom did a lot when we were young. She had to feed 6 of us all at once and we sure didn’t starve!

It started out separate on my plate
but was much better mixed together

So, it was a mixture of green pepper, onion, ground beef, chili beans with sloppy joe seasoning, served over the pasta. I’d say it passed with flying colours and we have some of the meat sauce leftover for another night.  Success! We loaded the dishwasher, washed the pot and watched a variety show called The Comedy and Music Superfest. Nothing else was on.

Remember when the park was full?
It has really thinned out now
Good night!

This was a good day, beautiful weather for tanning and some puzzle time. I hope yours was a good one too. Thank you for your visit.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice warm day. I'll have to climb Q mountain while up there. Too bad the weather will go bad next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all used to it by now, the weather changes, so don't get too disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I'll take the sloppy joe stuff any day!!! SO ... I just need to buy puzzles with only 500 pieces. Crazy weather coming up ... snow predicted here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting warmer weather. Enjoy.

    Your supper looks great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for warmer weather. We nearly reached the freezing mark today. It felt great.
    Homemade hamburger helper! It's always a hit with me.

    ReplyDelete