Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A Much Better Day, Camel Rides

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Feb. 21st, I was almost afraid to move. You know how after you’ve been unwell, you’re hesitant to do anything to trigger it again? Last night, we watched our PVR shows, Ghosts, Magnum PI and American Idol. NCIS was a rerun but one from Oct. 24th the day after we left home, so we were on the road and didn’t see it. Bill recorded it for us to watch on a ‘no good tv’ night. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Beauty of a morning
Before the winds

I was done for by 9 pm and although my tummy sure gurgled a lot after my soup and water, it stayed put and I slept well. When I got up at 7:30 am, I felt great!  I know enough to take it slow but still wanted to get out into the fresh air with Gibbs for our walk. It felt great to be active. Bill left for the field after we returned and I had a cup of tea and a bit of orange juice.

With that done, Gibbs and I went outside to sit in the sun. There was a slight breeze which was totally welcome under those hot sunny rays. I started a Stuart Woods book last night and it is moving along quite quickly so took it out with me. When Bill got home at 10:30, he decided to check out a shop on Main St. for a haircut. He came home not long after with quite a short ‘do’ but that’s exactly what he wanted and all for $14, tip included. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bill got a great little video emailed to him from
a spectator so we watched it together

I need to think about what to do with my hair but although I want a bit more length (I think), I’ve not settled on anything at this point. I made bacon and eggs for lunch, something substantial, although not a lot of them. Solid food tasted great and after cleaning up the frypans, Bill stretched out in his recliner. I started this blog and joined him in mine, with Gibbs hopping from one to the other.

There's my handsome guy all spiffed up
He has a hard time getting anyone to cut the back short
enough so this time he is very pleased

At 1, we drove to town for a new adventure. 

At the corner of Main St. and Moon Mountain Ave
is this old structure, very cool that it has been saved
as much as possible
Turned here to the camel rides

I rode a camel! I’ve been talking about doing this from our first year when I saw the signs. It was probably cheaper then but that didn’t matter, today was the day. I was feeling pretty good after lunch and found it to be worth it. 

They had 4 camels on site but only 2 were old
enough to ride
These two were still in training, not 8 years old yet
Did you know that a camels knees can bend either way?
I didn't!


This was a hoot and quite comfortable behind Shocktop's hump

Before heading home with my framed photo, we stopped at the Hardware/Liqour store for some tonic water. I only found flavoured but that’s okay, I like it.

A little history of the camel


Patsy and ShockTop

Back home, I read my book and Bill did some online stuff. I started to feel kind of loopy again just before it was time for supper but made air fried chicken thighs with asparagus for supper. It didn’t go down quite as well as I’d hoped, but it got something solid in my stomach.  We are both still on the weak side, with not our normal energy level, but we're going to relax tonight and tomorrow morning so we’ll be ready for Silly Al’s tomorrow afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I didn't go out but took this from our kitchen window
I'm sure the sunset in the west was pretty too
good night!

This has been a fun day, doing something I never thought I’d do. Thank you for stopping in!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Patsy on a camel!! Never even dreamed of seeing this, but it is neat. Bet that camel was shocked to have you on top! Bill's haircut looks great. Maybe, I should stop in for one. Glad you woke up feeling ready for a pizza this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug, it's great surprising you! haha It was a very comfortable ride too!
      Ready for pizza for sure!

      Delete
  2. You look like you really enjoyed your ride. Way back when Expo 67 was in Montreal we went as a family to see it. The one thing I really remember was getting to ride the elephant and the camel. I have pictures somewhere of a very young me smiling from ear to ear.

    Hope your tummy has settled completely and your energy comes back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, it was great fun even for an old gal like me! Slowly but surely we're getting back to normal.

      Delete
  3. Wow, a camel ride! Did you sway or was it bumpy? Do you think you could ride through the desert on it? Good to hear you were all well again and up to some fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sway, there was a bar on my right to keep me from falling but on this flat ground, it was pretty easy going. It would be tricky going through the desert but fun to imagine!

      Delete
  4. Oh so glad you got that off the bucket list! You do look like you enjoyed! Pizza time with friends is awesome, sorry we didn't get to do that this year :( Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, it was fun and yes, off the bucket list. :) We wish you were here for pizza too but another time!

      Delete
  5. Very cool! What an experience! Hope you get and stay better. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those camels. You look right smart up there!! Looks like fun too!!

    ReplyDelete