Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Freak(y) Accident, Gorgeous Sunny Sunday, A Buddy’s Birthday ♥

Park Place RV Park

Last night, the rain arrived around 8 or so and although it stopped periodically, it seemed to last for the whole evening. We watched tv together while reading our books and had our ‘supper’ snack around 7:30. We weren’t too hungry after the big lunch so this was what we needed. Bill took Gibbs out at 10:30 for his last piddle just before we were all going to bed.

Good good morning!

When Gibbs started up on the step to come in, he began screeching as if in pain. It seemed to last a long time (longer, I’m sure, than it was) and poor Bill was grasping at him, trying to find out what was wrong. As soon as he lifted him into the Suite, Gibbs was fine although his little heart was just a-pumping. It was then that it dawned on Bill that he must have got a shock from the metal steps.

I'm okay now, Mom and Daddy

Everything was really wet and we have a string of lights running along the ground. Nothing else seemed to explain it. There was nothing else, Gibbs appeared to act normally and settled down quickly in between us for sleep. This morning, Sunday, Feb. 26th Bill first went out at 6:30 and unplugged the lights before taking Gibbs out. The little guy seemed very hesitant and wouldn’t walk far with Bill, as he usually does, and would sit, walk, sit, walk, sit. Bill carried him back inside. Aaah.

The next puzzle in the box

I got up at 7:30 and had my shower and a cup of tea with some yogourt. When my hair was dry, we were both curious to see how Gibbs would react when I took him out for our walk. Thank goodness, there was no hesitation. A scare like that sure puts our hearts, as ‘parents’, in our chests. Poor little guy. That won’t happen again! It was a lovely morning, middle 40’sF (6 or 7C) with a clear blue sky and calmer winds.

Today is our buddy, Pat’s, birthday so I made sure to get online early to wish her a fabulous day. Wish I was there to give her a hug but it will have to wait. She should have her card tomorrow or very soon at least. 😊 The day was another surprise, with the winds not too bad at all and yet, because of the forecast for the next few days, we left our gazebo in the ‘downward dog’ position. Ha ha, just in case.

Happy Birthday, Buddy
Picture taken November 2018
in Page Springs RV Park, Cornville, Az

After lunch, around 1:30 I went to start a new puzzle. It is another small 500 piece one so that also means easy. I forced myself to get up and walk away after an hour and a half, remembering my promise to myself for the benefit of my shoulder muscle. That wasn’t easy! 

This one won't take long

On the way back, Susan called me over to tell me that there may be 2 sickies not attending poker pool in the morning. I hope they are better but I totally understand. Hopefully Patti and Barb can make it.

I’m still working on using up that plain Greek yogourt that has a low fat content so this morning found another recipe to try. This one is a yogourt cake and I’ll keep you informed on that result. It looks good at least and maybe I'll add jam and whipped cream to make it better still. 

Today's sky was priceless

Gibbs and I went for a walk around 4:30 and he met 3 new friends. All his size and they seemed to want to run and play. Darn leashes!

They are very flexible

Pop, pop, pop!

I made a tea and pulled things out for supper. Just leftover Jambalaya, asparagus and corn. Time to start, we have some television programs to watch tonight. 

It was good, second time around

It's like a chiffon kind of cake
and tasted pretty good with fruit and cream

This has been a nice day, reaching the forecasted high of 57F/14C. I popped the gazebo back up, dumping the few inches of rain out of the dome. The winds don’t look bad until Wednesday again. Yay for a bit of relief on that!

While I worked on my blog and
while American Idol was recording
(no commercials that way)
we watched a PBS Elvis special  💖
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit. Your comments are welcome!

14 comments:

  1. Poor baby boy Gibbs! I know that scary feeling. Cooper caught a toenail once and a cactus spine once. It’s so scary when they cry!!! Glad he’s all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was scarey! Poor Gibbs. Glad it wasn't worse. Reminds me of the time when Fergie started howling and we didn't know what was wrong. Turned out that a red ant got between his toes and was stinging her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard when our pets get hurt and can't tell us what hurts. Glad that he's ok. Your cake looked very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. Gibbs just has to trust it won't happen again.

      Delete
  4. Poor Gibbs! The cake looks awesome with the toppings YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Gibbs! Glad you were able to detrermine what likely happened and fix it for him.
    That yoghurt cake looks almost like a cheesecake. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Gibbs, and poor the two of you. That cake looks pretty darn tasty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have those nice deserts!

    ReplyDelete