Friday, February 24, 2023

A Surprising Day, More Corking, New Recipe

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Feb. 24th we were surprised right from the get-go that it wasn’t windy. It was a cool 43F/6C again but the sun was making it’s appearance in between the layers of clouds. The day looked hopeful. Bill was up and went off to the flying field. Luckily, he had charged his plane battery yesterday so was prepared. I had nothing to do this morning other than take Gibbs for his walk.

And it's another beauty of a morning

Shadows give the mountains an ominous
but pretty appearance

The last exercise class was this morning at 8 but I’m not pushing my luck and I really wasn’t keen anyway. It was okay for the 3 classes I attended but it isn’t my thing. I know I mentioned previously about the trouble with my trapezius muscle and I was hoping a class atmosphere and education would help. Maybe if I’d kept at it but I’ve been stumped why it is bothering me.

I took a selfie of Gibbs sitting with Momma
His head is on my arm
Because it's a selfie, it's backwards

This one is a regular picture
so a different view
But the 'possession' is the same
My Momma 💕

From not being at the puzzle since Sunday afternoon, by Wednesday of this week I’ve noticed an improvement. Hah! Maybe you’ve been thinking that all along and I have wondered. Hating to give up puzzling altogether, I’ve decided to make use of the other crafts that I’ve brought with me. So, today, I continued with the corking and didn’t go to the clubhouse at all. 😉 A couple of hours here and there will have to satisfy me.

I'm sad that it is all gone
but it was great while it lasted

Bill had a great morning flying and when he returned home, Gibbs and I were in the gazebo together. Still no winds to speak of and the sun was making even more appearances. It warmed to 63F/17C by mid afternoon and it was lovely. After lunch, at which I had the last of my pizza, we sat inside for a while and then I went back out to the gazebo. Bill kept Gibbs inside so I could work on the hobby without a pooch on my lap.

I needed two chairs, as you can see,
so no room for a little puppy
It was lovely out there

The lot across from Arco has not
been this empty since we arrived in December

We took a nice long walk around the park, Gibbs and I, at 4:30 and then at 5 I ‘created’ supper. Madame IP made us Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya. It’s the first time I’ve made it and the first time we’ve ever had it. It was delicious! I’ll do it again for sure and it’s nice to have leftovers for another night. I blended up some homemade whipped cream to top off the Yogourt Jello and we finished that off.

Credit needs to go to Dave for the idea of this meal
The other day, he told me he made Jambalaya,
and when I needed an different meal for sausage,
I remembered what he said.

After loading the dishwasher, with nothing good on tv, we turned America’s Funniest Videos, Animal Edition on for some laughs. 😊 The animal ones are hilarious, they are so smart! NCIS reruns kept us entertained for part of our evening. Aah Gibbs. This has been a really nice day and it was far nicer than we were expecting. Tomorrow, I think we’ll be a whole different story. Rain on the way, again.

Dessert
I was happy to find one recipe to use the yogourt
but I'll search for another one soon.
Great day and good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen that craft before. I take it you go round and round and the thick "rope" comes out, then twirl it up into a mat or rug? Relaxing! That pizza looks good and jambalaya is something I haven't made in a long time either. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wrap the yarn or material around the outside of the pegs. Lift the bottom strand up over the new one you just wrapped around and move on to the next one. I'll try and show you a close up in Sunday's blog. It's relaxing because no brain power is required. haha.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I can't believe that lot is empty!! Here they said more rain tomorrow and SNOW on Thursday. Oh Boy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day. Glad there was some warmer weather and little to no wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized how large your corker is. I need to ask what you are going to do with the cording?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is quite big around compared to my youth one. :) You mean IF I ever get enough done to do something with? I'm a great 'starter'.............. probably it will be a bathroom mat.

      Delete