Monday, February 13, 2023

A Busy Day

Park Place RV Park

Monday, Feb. 13th was a busy day for me, from morning to evening. We were up at 7, Bill showered and then I washed before taking Gibbs out for our walk. The sky this morning was a blanket of clouds no matter which way you looked. To the north and west, it was almost black and foggy. However, it was a calm 50F/10C because of the clouds.


The clouds here look like a blanket of smoke
descending upon the park

At a few minutes before 8, I was at the clubhouse for my second fitness class. Today, it was cardio, with weights. Hmmm, I’d sold all of my dumbells when we sold the house so Stefanie, the instructor, loaned me her 5 lb’ers. Yikes! The class was intensive but good, my arms felt like rubber through the last 15 minutes so I had to put the weights down to finish. 😊 I enjoyed the class again.


Looking towards town, southwest, the mountains
are hardly visible

The ladies finished the puzzle last night
Isn't it pretty?

I returned home for a cup of tea, some yogourt and a change of clothes before going back at 9:15 for Ladies Poker Pool. We played 9 games in 2 ½ hours and perhaps the exercise class was the best thing for me. I won, you heard me, I won 5 out of 9 games and was the overall winner! I was feeling pretty good when I left.

I love this saying on the clubhouse wall

Today IS my day!
Notice the happy faces in my zeros 😆

It was a fun morning. Bill and I had lunch back home, he returned home before 10 after a bit of comradery at the field. We’d had the clouds move out of the way, return and so on. There was even some light rain a couple of times lasting a very few minutes. Bill loaded our chairs; I loaded a cooler and we took Gibbs to the field. Bill had a quick meeting about this weekend’s fun fly and then we drove to La Posa South for happy hour with Dave and Cheryl.

Entering one of our old stomping grounds


Cheers!

It was lovely, hot and quiet, except for our laughter! The 3 hours slipped by quickly and we left before we got booted out. Ha ha, just kidding, Cheryl said we couldn’t overstay our welcome. 😊 

Leaving La Posa just before sundown

A simple tasty sausage supper

For supper, we had grilled sausage and salad. It was filling and tasty. This was a busy day and tonight we’re watching our NCIS episodes. We have a long day ahead for tomorrow.

I looked down and under my chair
is a very tired little puppy
He was very good today at Happy Hour 💓
Good night.

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pool win. The puzzle is very pretty.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines day Patsy, Bill and Gibbs,
    Hope you two lovebirds have a wonderful day.
    I absolutely know you will make it great for each other, cause that's just the kind of
    people you are.
    Take care of yourselves and each other, love Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Melynda! I hope you also have someone to call Valentine. ♥♥

      Delete
  3. Wish Happy Hour would have worked out differently. For sure we need to plan one soon.
    Congratulations on your win!!!!
    Yesterday turned out beautifully now if the wind would slow down that would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the win was a real treat for me after losing way too often. :)
      The winds are nuts here tonight!

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day 💗 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah on the pool win. You did awesome. The puzzle is very nice.

    Poor Gibbs looks right tuckered out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a happy camper. teehee.
      Yes, Gibbs was kapooped.

      Delete
  6. The exercise class sounds wonderful! Congrats on the pool win! I wish we could have seen you 3 again! We had to leave today to head home :( Would have loved to have seen Dave and Cheryl too, hopefully next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. The exercise class is good for me, although I'm sore today! haha
      We wish we could have seen you again also but I sure understand why you had to leave for home. You are a good sister. ♥

      Delete