Friday, February 3, 2023

Poker Pool, Shed Move, Puzzle, Planes, Carl’s Jr.

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Feb. 2nd we were up and on the move by 7:30. Bill readied himself for flying and Gibbs and I went out for our walk. He’s walking a bit further these days so as the days warm up, we’re enjoying it more and more. When we returned, Bill had left. I made my tea and had some yogourt before getting washed up for my game with the ladies.

Pop!
Good morning.

New neighbours aroun the corner
have this guy at their entrance
Gibbs isn't sure about him yet
He had to stop, crouch down and give a bark

Shortly after 9, I walked over. We started out with 5 of us and then at 11, Barb had to leave so the last 4 finished off. Yes, I lost again, but with a better score than Thursday and the previous Monday. 😊 Good enough for me! 

Proof that I do actually play

Today is the best day yet, since the strange January weather started. We had hardly any wind all day and that sun beat the temperature up to 68f/20C. Yay!

We all sat in the gazebo waiting
until the guys were ready to put Bill to work 

Back home, we had lunch together and then we sat together in the gazebo. That’s where the chairs are and as much as we could easily move them out into the sun, it was warm and calm inside. 

Even Gibbs relaxed with us

Bill and 4 others helped John move a metal shed from Site #31 to their site behind us. It was entertaining and it didn’t take too long. No one was hurt in the process and the shed was moved without any damage.

Picking up and loading the shed

Susan and I watched and waved as the parade went by
But they didn't throw candy. Bummer!

Backing it in to the site behind us
Off loading looked easy from my perspective
but I'm sure some backs felt it

At 2:15, I went over to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle. This one will be a few days yet so we’re still working from the inside out. Breaking the cardinal rule of puzzles! 😊 I worked away while the girls played more pool and at 4, I returned home. 

Not much happening here - Grrr!

It was a truly beautiful day

We’d planned to go to the club’s night flying tonight so that meant no cooking at home. We left at 5:20, leaving Gibbs in charge, and drove to the field.

La lune and a little red flier

It was a semi-warm evening, still around 63F/17C but that wasn’t going to last. Once the sun drops, so does the temperature. I enjoyed watching the planes, seeing Carol Ann and Kobus as well as Woody, one of the elders of the club. 

Woody flies too
In his 80's, quite the character

Looking both directions across the 
pilot stations

The drone made two flights and
Bill teaches some interested pilots and guests
how she works

Bill says he often mentions me since I sat with him during the February ’22 Fun Fly, so it was nice to see him again. Bill took his drone up a couple of times and when it got cool, we drove to Carl’s Jr. for supper.

I can't remember what my combo was called
but it was in a sourdough bun and ooey gooey good!
Bill had the Carl's Jr. combo

The combos were quite good and it was shortly after 7:30 when we returned home to our little guy. This has been a great day. Games and hobbies and a tasty fast meal. 😊 I was too tired for blog posting so you get it a day late. 

Daylight slipped into night
beautifully
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you had. Great that temperatures are on the rise and the wind died down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job moving that shed!! What? A puzzle that stumps you guys? I should be there to hand you pieces! I'm laughing at Gibbs ... he needs a bigger chair Mom.

    ReplyDelete