Wednesday, February 8, 2023

A Nice Walk, A Lovely Day and Taking it Easy

Park Place RV Park

Wednesday, Feb. 8th started out with a chilly 40F/4 .4C but other than a few low-lying clouds on the horizon, it was calm and promising. I like beginnings like that, with the promise of becoming wonderful.  Yay, the strong winds are gone. ðŸ˜Š 

I know it was a beautiful sky even
before I got outside but this was pretty
good for second best
Looking in all directions

Gibbs and I went for our walk after we all got up around 7:30. It was his normal 12 minutes or so but it was fast-paced. He’s getting better this winter, with his walking, although the sniffing has to be controlled a few times or we’d be out there all day. It’s ‘his’ walk so he gets a lot of liberties. He likes to greet the newest host, Gerald, who loves to greet him in return, but Gerald wasn’t outside yet.

when the sun popped, it was stunning

Back home, Bill was just leaving and had, once more, turned off our power source. These sunny days sure help with the monthly electric bills! I had my tea and yogourt with Gibbs and before 9, I was washed and ready to head out for my walk. I took back streets and wound my way up through the parking lot at Roadrunner Market. I didn’t need to go that far, but I was listening to my podcast so was in the mood to keep walking.

A rock Saguaro 
The street I walked

The cool air was in my face as I walked to the west and my jacket was buttoned up to my neck. When I turned the corner to walk south, the sun was on my left and hit me like a blast of true Arizona heat. I couldn’t believe the impact on my face and body as I walked along the sidewalk. It just set my day off with an awesome glow and I was already feeling pretty great! I had the impulse to stop an spread my arms out, it was that nice.

My destination this morning was Family Dollar. I just like to walk up and down the aisles and see if there is anything I can’t live without. I did find a couple of things that found their way into my basket and then I found a few of the items in the food section that I was looking for. I almost think the dollar stores are the busiest stores in town. Why not when you can pick up a few good things at a fraction of the cost?

I didn't need to go in here today but
I walked this far before turning back
towards Family Dollar

Back home, I was surprised to see Bill home. Well, not 100% surprised since this was club meeting morning at the hangar. I had thought they might go to the field after the meeting but he didn’t. We sat outside in the gazebo together and chatted while I drank my coffee. It was quite lovely out there again with the door zipped up.

Bill has been figuring and talking a fair bit lately about our trip homebound. Just running ideas through his head so he shares them with me. I don’t have a lot of input, he’s my ‘guy’ for the travel route and unless there is something specific I want to do on the journey, I trust his every instinct. I don’t remember enough about the routes we’ve taken from one year to the next so listen and ask questions as he talks. 😊

I hate thinking about it but I know these last two months will zip by and the question of “what time do you think we will pull out?” will be upon us. I wish I was better at the geography of the country we’re travelling through but I never have been and this is as good as it gets for me. I’ve learned more on our travels than I ever did in school. LOL

Who's the ham in the family?

After a cold plate for lunch, I painted a rock and then walked over to work on the puzzle. Bill went to Jim’s to look at a plane kit and do some wheelin’ and dealin’. I wasn’t surprised when I returned at 3:45 to see the box sitting on the island counter. 😉  There was NO money involved, just an exchange of parts. Sounds like a good deal and my pilot is happy.

Big improvements on the D.A. characters
The donation of puzzles

I made huge progress on the puzzle and while I was there, Suz received a call from a fellow rv’er who had 5 or 6 puzzles to donate. Did we want them? They are mostly 500 pc. ones so should be relatively fast to do and she said yes on behalf of us puzzle makers. 😊 I had my cup of tea and then took Gibbs for our afternoon walk, on which we stopped at Kobus and CarolAnns for some very warm ‘pets’. They just love him!

I tried one of the Mexican limes
They're so tiny but so good!
Supper on the right. Yum!

I did a bit more painting until 5:30 when I started supper. Chicken thighs in Rosy, baby potatoes and corn for Bill as well as Brussel sprouts for me. Supper was good but mostly those sprouts! They were delicious and from frozen. I haven’t had them for a very long time. We had orange Jello for dessert and guess what? The Jello jiggled. 😊

This is last year
Same park, same date
but sunset
Good night

This was a great day with nothing out of the ordinary going on.  We watched a couple of dvd's tonight. The Tourist and The Legend of Bagger Vance. 

Thank you for the visit!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice weather day. Hopefully, it just keeps warming up into the 70s. That little Gibbs is a real ham. We had a wonderful day here in the Yuma area too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. I don't think it will last too long though, it keeps changing.

      Delete
  2. It was like spring here yesterday in Ontario. But tomorrow rain and wind. The weather has been unusual this winter. Glad that the 3 of you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you experienced some 'spring' weather, I know it won't last but I sure hope it doesn't return in April!

      Delete
  3. I know just what you mean about the route to/from business. I, too, am lucky to have a planner taking care of that, and since he does the lion's share of the driving it's his choice! Yay on the puzzle donation. I've never tried the frozen sprouts but my sister loves them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one but when they are the drivers, it's their choice. That's the way I see it. The sprouts surprised me, I'll buy them again.

      Delete
  4. While driving around all the schools at 8:00 in the morning, I discovered a flying field south of Tucson, if you ever stay here and Bill needs to go play, I'll give you directions. Nice to have more new puzzles ... hope they are easier than that last one!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting about the flying field, we'll keep that in mind. The puzzles look easy and only 500 pieces

      Delete
  5. I also like Family Dollar store. I find myself shopping more and more in Wellton. First Del Sol...then Family Dollar...then Dollar General. Cute pictures of Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just know the last two months are going to whiz by for you.

    It has been sunny here in Saskatchewan the last week and I have been loving the fact that the furnace isn't running constantly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're right, darn. :)
      Nice that your weather has been spring like too as long as it doesn't turn to winter at home in April!

      Delete
  7. Glad you're getting that warm Arizona glow!

    ReplyDelete