Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The Ides of March, Lunch or Breakfast?

Park Place RV Park

Today finds us at the Ides of March, Wednesday, the 15th. I know that the 15th of every month is the ‘Ides’ but I guess the importance of March is that Caesar was assassinated on that (this) day 44BCE. Yes, I had to look that up ๐Ÿ˜Š It had started raining around 4 am and seemed to last for most of the morning. After saying how good Gibbs has been at his morning ventures out with Bill, this morning changed.

Too precious last night to pass this up
Sound asleep on Daddy๐Ÿ’•

Now it’s like he sensed the rain and remembered something uncomfortable. It was a chore getting him out and once there, he wouldn’t piddle. He just kept watching his Daddy as they walked. So, I tried and got the same reaction from him until we headed back home and he finally went. Poor little guy isn’t over it yet. Because of the rain and winds, Bill had not intended to go flying, so we spent the morning together.

The sun wasn't winning the battle today

Bill has been doing a few of the small jobs around the Suite, inside and out, and that just accentuates the fact that we’ve only got 16 days left here in the park. The wheels are starting to whisper – ‘time to get rolling soon’ – and we’re trying to figure out if we are ready yet. We will be, come April 1st, I can assure you of that. Our route is planned but it will be kept between us, for the most part, until we start.

Bill's brunch

Mine
Delicious but not the best omelette I've had

At 10:30, I suggested going to Mountain Quail Cafรฉ again for lunch but this time, I wanted breakfast cooked for me. ๐Ÿ˜Š We left an hour later and each ordered off the morning menu. I had a Denver omelette, home fries, a buttered biscuit and apple juice. Bill had the pancake special (it was huge!) with home fries. Everything looked and tasted delicious but there was so much that half of each thing had to come home. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I finished the lower half today and with a very hard
mountainous section at the top, I gave up for the day

An unusual supper
The banana bread wasn't the best but it was 
edible at least! 
the small piece of cheese is for Gibbs

We stopped at the Outpost for a couple of things before returning home. I worked on the puzzle for an hour and a half before rcoming back to my boys. I gave myself a pedicure, minus the paint job, but my feet are nice and soft again for a while.  

The forecasters were pretty bang on today
A high of 70F/21C, the rain stopped at 10:30
and the winds picked up throughout the day
Still a pretty nice day and pretty evening sky


Because we had such a big lunch, we decided on just having some banana bread with cheese for supper. That worked just fine and we watched the new show The Farmer Wants a Wife. It is so much better than the Bachelor, farmers are humble.

Good night!

This was a quiet day but it was nice to get out for a meal again and spend the time together. Thank you for joining us!

7 comments:

  1. A little rain there and tons of rain here. It is going to be a pretty desert in the coming days. That Gibbs has a long memory for such a young guy. No pretty skies for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a slow steady rain until the afternoon and then rewarded with a nice sunset. Looks like you had some pretty color. Hopefully Gibbs will get past the fear soon. Enjoy your last couple of weeks in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Gibbs. Maybe when you return home to the Ridge he will forget. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Gibbs, I hope the memory fades soon.
    I'd take rain here as it would get rid of this darned snow. Not to be for a few weeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogs and horses never forget! LOL I have used several little pieces of cheese in the past to distract Cooper. Might work for your boy, get his mind off the rain. I can't believe it's almost time to leave again. I only have one week left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Gibbs gets over his fright very soon. He was doing so well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw the photos of the breakfast food before reading your post I thought boy, Patsy did a lot of cooking :-) Gibbs will forget about the frightening experience time I'm sure. Besides you are using wooden steps back home so it'll be all different.

    ReplyDelete