Monday, March 27, 2023

Nancy Leaves, Getting the Most of our Remaining Days

Park Place RV Park

We were up by 7 on Monday, Mar. 27th and looking out my window by the bed, it was another lovely blue sky. The forecast was for clouds and 66F/19C and that’s how the day turned out. 

Good morning y'all!

First thing was to say goodbye to Nancy and at 7:30, she was at our door for just that reason. 😊 She was hooked up so we got our hugs, gave her a pack of Nutter Butters for the road and a painted rock for friendship.

A couple of good friends
right there. 😁

I had my tea and then got cleaned up for the day. Gibbs and I walked around the park and Bill packed away our gazebo. It was time. At 9:15, I headed over for our regularly scheduled Poker Pool games. I’m thrilled that the ladies are playing it on off days, meaning I get a few more games in than I planned! There were 6 of us playing this morning. Bill was having a great morning and I’m tickled for him that things are working out. 😊

Bye Nancy, safe travels!

After my warmed pizza for lunch, I went back to the clubhouse to start the new puzzle. Woops! I forgot to take a picture but will get one tomorrow. I gave 3 more rocks out to the ladies and still have one left for Patti before we leave. Dora was on duty and she and I played regular pool. I needed instruction, it is very different than the game we have been playing. The rules are not significant to me, I just want to practice and learn from her on how to bank etc.


Bill packs up the gazebo
It was a wise purchase

Sheila joined us and we switched to Poker Pool for a game. Back home at 4, Gibbs and I went for our walk before I made my tea. Bill and I caught up on our day and chatted with friends from back home. He’s a flying friend and Bill wanted to discuss all the ‘stuff’ that is going on regarding their licenses and such. 

The afternoon sky
Beautiful as always

For supper, we had chicken thighs and fries with pineapple cheesecake for dessert. Successful.

Supper took a long time
I need to time the fat chicken thighs better
but it all tasted great and was worth the wait

I missed playing my games online this morning, but maybe I will be able to play some tonight. We have tv programs recording and others to watch so we’ll see what I get accomplished! It has been an awesome day and although I didn’t get my puzzle ready for assembling, it will be there in the morning. 😊

Gosh, I love this cheesecake 💕
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. That's a big YES on your gazebo. What a great purchase! It's a fun park with a great group of ladies for poker pool. I will miss them ... and maybe practice up a bit for next time. It's also really nice that Bill is now PRESIDENT of the flying club. I'll miss you guys ... but will keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your "safe travel" wishes for Nancy worked. So you get to play a few more games before heading out and I'm sure you'll be missed. Too bad the gazebo had to come down already as it looked like it was very much enjoyed by you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture of Bill and Nancy :) Sure won't be long until you're on the road heading home, how time flies! That cheesecake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those last days are passing quickly. You're certainly making the most of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting to pack things up already means the day is getting closer to when you will be heading north once again. Enjoy your time left.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete