Thursday, March 30, 2023

Countdown, Ain’t They Pretty? Last Scheduled Day

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Mar. 30th we were up by 7. Gibbs slept in until 6:30 and I had a late night so could’ve stayed in bed longer. We had scheduled for Coronas to come and wash Black Beauty and the Suite this morning at 9 so wanted to have things taken care of before then. Our breakfasts, our washups and Bill wanted to take the weather station down.

Good morning

With those things done, and a quick windy walk with Gibbs, I left at 9 for the clubhouse. We are down to our last 2 days here and my last ‘official’ game of Ladies Poker Pool.   It has been fun, I’ll tell you that, and this is a great bunch of ladies to play it with. 

Dora provided snacks today in honour
of my last official game 💖

They will carry on all summer, there will be 4 of them left. As much as I enjoy it, no thankyou, I don’t want to stay in the Arizona summer heat.

7 of us playing today
L to R
Sheila, Adele, Susan, Barb, Dora, Patti, Me
I'll miss them

I kept watching out of the window of the clubhouse but our detailers didn’t show up until 11. At least they showed up and the 2 young men did an awesome job in 2 hours. Other than their tardiness, we would recommend them to anyone and will use them another year.  Patti and Rick pass their card along to anyone who asks, for good reason. Bill paid them and we had toasted westerns for lunch. Our house and vehicle were pretty and ready for the trek homeward.

Coronas Detailing
They did a great job

Gibbs behaved very well inside
while the boys crawled over and around
the Suite
He supervised from indoors 💓

Instead of going back to the clubhouse, the puzzle was completed this morning while waiting to play pool, I sat with Bill and Gibbs and finished my book. It was a page turner and it felt peaceful and relaxing to take the time to read. I took Gibbs for our later walk around 6 and then we had air fried shrimp and fries for supper. Yum, it was so good.

I'll put it away tomorrow so I can bring it home

Lunch and supper

Today, we had a strange weather day. It only reached 66F/19C, compared to yesterday’s 77F/25C and with the stronger winds at 21 mph (gusts to 29.5), it felt even cooler. 

There are those clouds again
Gorgeous

Tomorrow morning is laundry day so I have gathered the chair coverings, floor mats and towels/face and dish cloths for easy sorting. I hope to be up and over to the laundromat early. 😉 An awesome day with a couple of hugs from Barb and Dora in case I miss them tomorrow.

Today's biggest progresses
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

20 comments:

  1. Great way to wrap up your sojourn in the Park with good friends.Safe travels home & all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Gibbs watches the guys doing their great job. Looks like you are all set to head home! It's such a nice park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way Gibbs watches everything too. I'm sure Reggie does the same. ♥

      Delete
  3. I think that's the only bad part about RV'ing. Saying goodbye to good friends. I'm going to practice up on my pool for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you too! I wish I had somewhere to practice!! You're already better than me but I'm using yours, Bill's, Dora's and Gerald's tips to improve.

      Delete
  4. Gibbs is such a cute supervisor. I love that puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy, Bill and Gibbs,
    Canada awaits, for your safe, return to homebase. Glad you had a great winter in the U.S.
    Take care of yourselves and each other.
    Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Melynda. Thank you for the kind comment. ♥

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your last day, and I hope the weather warms up for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. I think we'll have a mixed bag of weather for sure.

      Delete
  7. I'm nearly at the end of my countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are wrapping up for you down in sunny Arizona. Hopefully the weather cooperates for your trip back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Suite is looking good! Love the puzzle, such a cute picture. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Becky. The Suite is indeed as shiny as she's been for a while!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you truly enjoyed you time at that park and made lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This park suits us for sure and we have grown very fond of the hosts and especially the managers. :)

      Delete