Sunday, May 5, 2024

A Full Day with Friends, Bird Watching

The Ridge

On Saturday, May 5th my eyes bugged out when I saw the blue sky out my window. It was not what I expected after the forecast for rain until 3 pm. What a lovely surprise! Bill and I sorted the laundry; we had two weeks’ worth today. I left the house at 7:30 for the Mat. I arrived, carried the basket in and realized that I forgot my yellow lanyard with the work keys. Crap! In 6 years, this is only the 2nd time.

Good morning!

I put the clothes in the washers using our own cash and my sweetie met me half way with my keys. I went back to town and he carried on to the Acreage for a bladder of water. The Mat was in pretty good shape but it still got the full treatment with the exceptions of the big dryers. I’ll do them on Monday or Wednesday. Every two weeks is my norm. Before I left, I made sure to reimburse myself for the cost of the wash. It is included in my pay. 

On the way home from town, I stopped
on Baptist Church Road to check the woods for Trilliums.
They are the Provincial Floral Emblem in Ontario. 


The one on the left is in the woods
The two on the right are from my garden on the berm. ♥

When I returned home, Bill and Duncan were diligently working on the pond pump system. What started out good, did not end up the same way. After a whole morning and a couple of hours into the afternoon, they could not get it to work. I had brought our clothes home and hung them on the line, they will dry well in that sunshine. There wasn’t much breeze at first so we did notice black flies, depending on where you were situated on the Ridge.

I stopped at the pond where Bill had BB parked

A frustrating endeavour this year for some reason

Gibbs came down to greet me 

We had lunch separately and Patty and I met around the firepit with our books. Gibbs kept us all in line, advising everyone when they went back and forth to their rv. Bill had a FedEx delivery and Gibbs listened well when I called him to come to me and wait for him to drive in. That is a big thing in my books. After the boys quit working on the pump, we all sat together in the sun.

I had my big Canon so was able to catch the
Rose Breasted Grosbeak.
He was waiting patiently for his turn at the feeders

Lots of finches and red-winged blackbirds

Duncan and Patty - always a joy when they visit us for a few days.
Rob and Pat arrived and that meant a playmate for Gibbs.
Bella gave him some exercise!💓

The winds picked up, as is the Ridge’s nature, and the black flies petered off for the most part. Rob and Pat dropped out for a nice little visit too which was wonderful. We’ve not seen them since we returned home. Pat is currently undergoing a few health issues so we were all pleased that she was up to coming out. Patty sent Rob home with some dessert so she gained some brownie points there. I’ll have to up my game! Ha ha

A beautiful day and a beautiful reunion

When R & P toured the Newmar,
the puppies waited outside.

I walked up to check on my peony
I love the pink start to the leaves.

Tonight, we were treated to supper in the Sharps’ Newmar which was nice. It included the same dessert which was yummy even with no ice cream. I’ve fallen off the wagon the last couple of days with my carbs but will be back on track on Sunday. 😊 I promised myself!

Finally, his turn!

Just before we walked over for supper,
I was rewarded in Aces!!
Mr. & Mrs. Baltimore Oriole arrived. 

We said goodnight around 8:30 and I felt exhausted for some reason. I guess the sun did it, because all afternoon I was a lazy bum. I played my games, fighting to keep my eyes open and went to bed at 9:30 without even sitting at my laptop. It was a great day with lots of sun, fun and the odd refreshment. 😊

This is the evening sky and when it got prettier
I was indoors and missed a picture.
Good night!

Thank you for your visit too!

3 comments:

  1. What a blessed day for you all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red trilliums are blooming around here. The whites have lots of buds, but they will be a few days. We tired the Vicks VapoRub around our ears and hair line on our hike yesterday. It seemed to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day with friends and the added bonus of Rob and Pat!! :)

    ReplyDelete