Thursday, May 2, 2024

Oh, What a Beautiful Day! (- minus some frustrations)

The Ridge

On Thursday, May 2nd I woke to the promise of a lovely day coming our way. With a forecast high of 20C/67F and no rain, I was looking forward to it. It was 7:20 when I woke up realizing that I had to go in to town this morning to clean. It doesn’t take long to wash and get dressed so I made my tea and was on my way just after 7:30. I didn't take any pictures this morning, reading on you will see why. 

Bill was working on removing the old cover when I returned from town

One customer was all I encountered and he was there for another 10 minutes before he folded his laundry and left. I worked the hour, collected my pay that Sandy left in the office desk, and went to the bank to deposit it before heading for home. Bill had texted and said that M’s phone had died (again) and could I stop on my way home.

This afternoon I had a little bird centre going on

I don’t mind helping to a certain point but I’m no saint. It is getting old, his need for help. After getting the tenant set up, I was hoping for a few quiet days with no ‘calls for help’. Not so. I wanted to work at home with Bill and see what we could accomplish on this rare spring day. Bill said to do what I needed to do and get back as soon as possible. So, I went back and took M to Hanover’s Bell store. That was like kissing 2 hours of my life goodbye and with no resolve.

folding the old cover for the garbage
Gibbs is trying to help but doesn't
quite get the hang of it. 💖

I won’t go into it other than we both left very frustrated – me especially. I dropped him off and came home for a late lunch (again) with Bill. I went back once more to try and get through to Virgin Plus to see what they suggested about his phone but without passwords and pin #’s (inconveniently forgotten) you can’t talk to a real person. I let him call another ‘runaround friend to set up pickups over the next 3 days, to run him into town. We’re having company and I’m NOT available.

The new shelter cover.
I wonder how long it will last.

Back home, I blew off steam to my sweetie’s ears and felt better. What a gorgeous day to be missing! Bill had cleaned up all of the piles of branches he cut yesterday and got the hose and bottles down in the pond for our pump set up. I helped a bit with the new cover for our shelter and then filled bird feeders to our feathered friends. 😊 I still haven’t boiled hummingbird food but will tonight. There is an orange on the oriole feeder so hopefully they will make an appearance soon. We had lunch and I finished my leftover quesadilla.

Oh my, the sun felt so good!

I didn't need it for the heat but the crackling
was calming. I needed that.

Then we sat with a drink outside and Bill burned some cardboard and paper in the pit. It feels great to be in shorts again! Tomorrow and for the next 3 days the rain returns but we are hopeful it won’t be a complete washout for the weekend.

The bird feeders hung for the birdies with care


Can you believe it?
There is hardly any wind on the Ridge!!!♥♥♥

Bill had a package delivered today
and the helper was right there with him

What did we get, Daddy?

Supper was good. Bill’s Burgers, he had his on a burger bun and I cut mine and had it in my last keto hotdog bun. It worked well! We had canned pears for dessert for a change. I was happy that although had a natural sugar content, they weren’t too sweet.


A good supper

The sun has been perfect all day, not too hot, not humid at all and although Bill saw a number of little black flies this morning, they were gone by afternoon. He plans on going to the Hangar tonight and will watch 9-1-1 down there and I’ll watch it up here. 😊 This has been a fine day up here on the Ridge.

I cleaned the outhouse today
and wanted to share this sign with everyone.
I got it from Aunt Mary's yard sale. 😀

The clouds moved in before sunset
and created a pretty soft glowing sky.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

16 comments:

  1. AW - Gibbs wants to be included in everything you do! Such a cutie! The yard is looking great and hope the new cover lasts a few years. Added the pears and some peaches to grocery list - THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice of you to help your neighbor! We never know when the tables are
    turned and we will be needing help. Shows you have a big heart!
    That Gibbs is sure a sweet cuddly little helper!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may have to start saying "no" to M more frequently. It's clear he needs a lot of help, in many ways, but when that starts impacting your own life in a negative way it can become far too much. Being a good neighbour is one thing, being taken advantage of is another. I'm glad to hear there are others who will run him around.
    We had a sunny morning, then the rain came in the afternoon and it continued overnight. I spotted a poor robin on the fence this morning, who looked completely drenched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have started saying no to some things but it is really hard!

      Delete
  4. Mr. Gibbs is such a helpful little guy!! Yeah, M is becoming a little too needy. Maybe don't answer his calls every time and he will get the message. It can be VERY frustrating for you! Maybe his tenant can help him out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs sure needs to be involved but it's always good for a laugh.

      Delete
  5. That Gibbs...always trying to help. Lol...I'm having a bad morning but the pictures of Gibbs and Bill made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't boil my hummingbird nectar any more. Googled it and it's not necessary...as long as your water is ok to drink from the tap, you don't have to boil it for the birds. I just use hot water from the tap so the sugar will dissolve and it's good to go. Also I read you shouldn't put any coloring in the water, just plain 4 parts water to 1 part sugar. Sure saves a lot of time and work and the birds love it just as much as before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that too so put the sugar into the new feeder in a small section and poured hot tap water over top until it dissolved. A lot easier and faster!

      Delete
  7. Perhaps saying no to M a few more times would be a help to not only him but yourself. He does need to learn to do things on his own.
    Our shelter cover is in its third summer and still as good as new.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but he has had each winter to learn and he just doesn't.

      Delete
  8. I love your "clock of life" sign, so true and often we need a reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete