Wednesday, May 1, 2024

An Expected No-Show (the sun), Dinner with Family

The Ridge

On Wednesday, May 1st we were expecting one of the most beautiful days yet. Temperatures were to reach 20c/68F today and mostly sunny. I saw blue sky out my window when I woke but it sure didn’t last long. By 8 Bill said ‘where did the clouds come from?’ It was still a dry day, one to get out and do things. I was very surprised and, dare I say, thrilled when my toe/foot was not bothering me! Woohoo! 😊

Last night's sky
Good morning!

I knew I’d be on it a lot today so for safety’s sake, I took a couple of Advil with my morning tea. Bill and I went outside around 9:30 and while he did his thing, I brought out the last two bins of my garden ornaments. I wanted especially to get the oriole feeder out as they are in the area not too far from us. While working and walking back and forth, I felt light headed so told Bill I was coming inside to lay down.

My daffodils are enjoying the day

Gibbs joined me up on the bed for maybe an hour and when Bill came in, I felt much better. Strange, I’ve been doing all the things to prevent this dizziness. I contacted M about taking the second copy of the lease over and taking pictures of the empty apartment for later use. It was 11 :15 when I drove around the corner. His tenant arrived around noon and M had asked if I would stay and meet him and handle the ‘secretarial’ part of the lease.

This tree was overloaded with apples last fall
This may slow them down a bit but hopefully it still
produces some.

I was back home before 12:30 just hoping it all works out. He seems like a decent young man. We had lunch and then all 3 of us went down the end of the lane and Bill used his chain saw to cut the low hanging branches from the apple tree. It was quite drastic but one large one had dropped considerably after a storm last fall and was not going to recover. He cut, I dragged them out of the way and Gibbs supervised from any shady spot he could find.

Our supervisor enjoyed the day too.

We quit around 2:00 and came up. Bill and Gibbs moved inside for their snooze and I finished emptying my garden stuff. 

Look at the smile on that man's face. 💓

All set for summer

After our showers, we left Gibbs in charge and drove to meet my 3 sisters and their hubby’s for a birthday/anniversary supper in Mildmay. 

The drive to Hanover 

This was the place
and my meal.
Chicken quesadilla - yummy

The Wing House is a new dining experience for all of us and it was not a disappointment. It seemed a long time we waited for our meals but once it arrived, it was delicious. I’m not sure what time it was when we left but the sun was just dropping below the horizon, indicating that it was after 8. Donna and Cathy get free spring water at a park outside of Mildmay so we went there before leaving the area. 

Introductions please..........
L to R
Gerry, Donna, John, Cathy, her Bill, Gayle, Patsy, my Bill

Donna and Gerry drove so we picked up Ptooties at their house and said our goodbyes. Gibbs was happy to see us, running out to piddle and running back in for his kisses. 😊 We had a really nice evening.

The spring water place and the family
takes advantage

This was a good day all around. I even have some leftovers and although I broke my low carb rule, I thoroughly enjoyed my quesadilla. 😊

Looking behind us, I watched the sun set.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

17 comments:

  1. M is lucky to have you around. I do hope this renter works out.
    Your family dinner looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree but I'm getting tired of the 'running' if you know what i mean!!

      Delete
  2. It's always such a good feeling when everything gets shipshape. Love your decorated bunky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green grass, blue sky and yellow flowers - OH MY !! Wonderful pictures and dinner with family !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to end a day.. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill is like me, in his favourite spot on the lawn tractor with the wagon behind. I love it. We have allllllll summer to get our jobs done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, loves his tractor. Bill goes back to full time with the home improvement guy on Monday, so alllllll summer is cut short with wet weather and weekends only.

      Delete
  6. Glad you were able to visit with your family.
    You are being very diligent about your Diet, to the point that your Sugar is dropping too low.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Spring weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding Rick's comment...I was thinking the same thing. That quesadilla was packed with "stuff". Looked good.



    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, your sugar may be dropping a bit too low. Looks like a great family get together for supper. You reminded me I need to put another sliced orange out. Not sure what is eating them, but they are getting eaten.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that is possible, I'll keep an eye on it.
      I sure hope to see some orioles~!

      Delete