Monday, May 6, 2024

Back at It, Pesky Critters

The Ridge

On Monday, May 6th Bill was up with the alarm at 6 o’clock. He and Gibbs went out and Bill carried on getting ready to go to work. First day jitters? Nah, he was gearing to go. We do both wish he didn’t have to work but at the same time, our lives are enriched in more ways than one with the paycheck and the activity. He can’t sit around and although another week off would put us in a better position on The Ridge, the weather would need to co-operate too. Bill and I both had bites from yesterday's black flies so we each took some Benadryl. They are worse than mosquitoes!😊

Good morning!
Last night's fire


and sunset

We both left for work at the same time. He took Ptooties and I took Black Beauty since he has the furthest to drive. It was looking to be a lovely day with a high of 17C/6F and we were very happy about that. I was a little over an hour cleaning since the 3 big dryers needed to be done. They took longer because I discovered a small ledge near the top that was collecting lint. Lo and behold, lint wasn’t the only thing it was collecting! Look-ee-here!

$8 +

I went to Foodland when I left the Mat and picked up a Mother’s Day card for Marilynne and cashed in 2 lotto Max tickets. Thinking it was a win of $5, boy was I surprised when she handed me $22! 😊 Of course, I bought 2 more and then drove home. Duncan and Patty were ready to pull out when I returned so we did our hugs all around and after checking lights, they were on their way. Man that Ventana is long!! Beauty of a home too.

I’d committed to going back to M’s this morning so picked him up at 10. I wasn’t sure what was on his agenda today until I got there. Then I knew there were going to be at least 4 stops before I got home again. So now he has a new phone, the cheapest most suitable one I could find for him. 

Until next time!

Needless to say, his old phone is done for so we couldn’t do a Smart Switch of all of his info. So, I brought both phones home with me after 6 stops (!) and having my soup for lunch, I began keying in all of his 133 contacts. Then I spent some time with Gibbs and we walked down to get the flyer from the mailbox. I had to call the gal at Walmart in the electronics department for some guidance and soon got them all in his new phone. She was very good to deal with.

Y'all come back now!

I took it back to him around 5 and no matter what we did, that darn phone would not allow him to make any calls. Saying he was not connected to wifi. His data of 20 gb is included in his phone and he is on a prepaid Virgin Plus plan. I knew Bill was on his way home so told M that I wasn’t spending any more time on it over there. I will bring it back here and try our Starlink.  Bill was just getting out of the car when I pulled into the lane. Tomorrow, with a clearer head, I will have to call Virgin Plus to see what I can find out.

This is a bit of an illusion as I look straight down to take the photo
The brown dirt is actually flat.

I’m so sick of the whole phone thing, his style of living and dealing with things is so far out of whack that it’s no wonder anything works! Bill was tired but had a good day with the boys. They are renovating a gutted double wide home for Gerry’s brother almost an hour away. He was tired but didn’t want to sit and fall asleep or his nighttime sleeping would be messed up.


Give me my liver!!

Because of that, I started supper. Air fried pork chop and fried potatoes for Bill while I had liver and Brussel sprouts. We finished off the homemade dinner rolls and now that temptation is gone for me. 😊 I heard from Patty that they arrived at the marina in Meaford for a fishing derby, where they were meeting up with and camping with friends for a week. Such fun!

It's so cute to see Gibbs go out on his own.
He walks out and lays down in a shady spot.

Supper was good and we cleaned up the pots and pans together and then loaded the smaller items in the dishwasher. Bill went outside when finished and will be puttering, standing up, so he can fight off the droopy eyes. Mine feel the same right now, all the running around seems to do me in even though it isn’t difficult. 

He went out with Daddy after supper
and had a prime seat for watching him. 

This has been a….day. Most good, some frustrating but still a great day. I had a comment on Facebook asking for a wedding picture so I hope Susan G reads my blog to see these. ♥


So skinny So young!

Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

17 comments:

  1. I read your blog and saw your wedding pictures, thanks - you guys have not changed 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. so skinny, so young. Yes indeed. I'm near 80, walking toward me today down a long hall was an old couple about my age. My thought was hey, remember when? Walking with a spring in your step, etc. Life is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Handsome Couple on a day they will always remember.
    Looks like Gibbs is finally learning his limits.
    Electronics are great when they work.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no good at the technological things so have no idea what could cause the phone to be such an issue. Good luck contacting the telco.
    Lovely photos from your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gibbs the watch pup!! It sounds like they have not connected his phone to their system. Are there towers close by? If not, that may be the problem also. I understand your frustration completely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dancing picture and the way Bill is looking at you. Beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do too. I could tease him and say 'why don't you look at me like that anymore?' haha.

      Delete
  8. Lovely wedding photos. You make a lovely couple.

    I gave up black flies for ticks when I moved to Saskatchewan and most times I almost wish we had the black flies instead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Funny, I said I'd give black flies up for mosquitoes and I hate those too!

      Delete