Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Success! Too Nice to be Indoors BUT….

The Ridge

On Tuesday, May 7th I was up just after 7 and went downstairs to join Bill in my jammies. I usually get washed and dressed but I was going to hop in the shower this morning so I lounged first. I had my tea and he finished up getting his things ready. It’s nice that he doesn’t have to leave so early with this job, 7:30 is just enough time to get him to the site by 8:30.

Good morning!

It must be time for more rain, the bird bath
needs water.

Look at the length of that grass!
I do love the contrasting colours here.

It was a blue sky again and remained so until about 4 when a light blanket of clouds moved over us. My morning was spent still trying to get M’s phone up and running. That would eliminate drop ins and give me the option to at least to not answer or cut the conversations short if I needed to. I know that probably sounds terrible and I don’t like being that way but it sounds like I have support from the majority of you. Thank you for that. 😊

I had to get on a 45-minute wait list for Virgin Plus to call me back on my phone in order to get him connected with the new phone. Then, I had to drive over to M’s so the ‘account holder’ could verify that I was working on his behalf. I get that. We soon figured out that he needed a new SIM card, the old one was not compatible with the new phone. Bill has been saying that since Friday and yet M was too stubborn to listen.

How comfortable was it for this 
turkey vulture to sit on the peak of this dead tree?
that's where he was perched.

So! Back I go to Hanover to the Bell/Virgin Plus outlet and get him a SIM card and also an Otter Box (case to better protect the phone). It was 9:45 when I first went over and as I returned it was 12:30. I was hungry so came straight home for a chicken salad sandwich. While there, unbeknownst to M, I nipped back into Walmart for a few groceries. 😊

He's huge!!

After lunch, I went back over and we called Virgin Plus to get on their wait list again to get the new SIM registered. It was a short 15-minute wait and voila! Finally, it worked. There is one app called What’sApp? That he wants installed and of course, that can’t be easy. I kept hitting stumbling blocks when it asked for his Google password and here we go again. Anyway, he is set up with a phone for now and I drove home.

My spirits were perked up when he asked if I wanted to check out the box of books that his previous tenant left in the apartment. Are you kidding me? I almost skipped back to BB carrying the box, I was so happy! 😊 Sometimes you just never know how you’ll get rewarded, right? I’ll go through them and take out any that we’ve read for the book sale or Robin’s yard sale. A gold mine with books by Dale Brown, Catherine Cookson, Lee Child and mostly James Patterson!

My bonus from M after leaving him
with a working phone.
There are 25 books in this box.

The day had warmed up considerably and I wanted to see if I could do something around here for us. Bill cut the lawn last week but with the big mower was unable to get the full area up here where we sit. Let’s call it our front lawn. 😊 So, with my little battery mower charged, I took care of it. I wasn’t well enough equipped to deal with the black flies so there will probably be more itching tomorrow but it is done and looks good.

too many clouds for a sunset view
but it was still pretty.

This morning, Bill mentioned burgers for supper and we didn’t have any so that was something I picked up in town plus a few other necessities. The fridge was looking a bit bare. He didn’t get home until 5:30 so I hoped he still was keen on them for tonight’s meal. We reached a lovely high of 23C/73F today and it is a shame to miss it by being inside but the flies are too hungry.

It looks much better after the cut.

M just called and had another friend drop by to set him up on What’sApp so I’m off the hook, woohoo! Things will improve now and I can get back to ‘regular scheduled programming’. Ha ha. 😊 I need to get serious about what I want to plant this spring and where as the time is slipping away. We have over a week of cool days coming again, what the heck is going on? Not much we can do but talk about it and carry on.

Very filling but guilt free!

Supper was good, my burger was with 2 keto bread crusts, slightly warmed, and Bill had a normal bun, heated on the Weber. I’m trying hard to stick to my plan and 2 grams of net carbs is better than 33 in my book. I saw the Chapman’s Premium ice cream on sale today for $4.97 and I forced myself to walk on by. Temptations like that, this early in the game, are not good for either of us. I left it in the store. One day, we’ll indulge for a treat.

After supper, the Blue Jays gathered.
There are at least 6 in the tree.

Because they are too big for the feeders
they cleaned up the droppings.
there are 8 here but we counted a total of 10 at one time.

I wonder if they are from Toronto?
Get it? 😂

Bill made his lunch and keeping with his plan to stay awake after work, he went to the Hangar. I’ll finish my blog and settle in for the night. This was a good day with a bit of morning frustration but at least we had success.

We've been invited to a special birthday party
later in the month.
Guess who's? 💗
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.

14 comments:

  1. With Bill not napping after work, does he sleep better at night? Wow Blue Jay's sure like it up there. Amazing, so many at one time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does but it is hard to stay awake once he sits. :)

      Delete
  2. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y you have M's
    phone set up , what a relief,huh? That box of books will give you a few hours of enjoyment, good for you! Wishing Gibbs,Bill and you a blessed evening
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad there was some kind of payment for all that phone work. A box of books is good!! The yard looks great ... Good Job Patsy!!! Bread crusts ... why didn't I think of that. The last burger I had was a gooey mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree! Love the books and the burger turned out great.

      Delete
  4. You're a good person Patsy! I hope you reminded M that his phone can save his passwords for the various sites. OR he can write them down - not the best option but I suspect easier for him to manage. Glad someone else got him set up on What's App.
    We've been BBQ'ing twice thus far, and oh my, is there anything better than a burger on the grill? It's the taste of summer!
    Enjoy those books, that was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. If I was THAT good, I guess I wouldn't complain. Woops! haha
      Yes, writing them down is what I get him to do. He'd never know where to find them in his phone. LOL
      Burgers on the grill, the best!!

      Delete
  5. Next time say no right from the start and send him to the store. You certainly must be popular among the Blue Jays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could but he has no license...........a tough spot.
      The blue jays do love it up here.

      Delete
  6. Blue Jay's from Toronto made me giggle. That's a treasure trove of books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That box contains some of my favourite authors. Enjoy. Aren't those vultures huge. It was quite the sight the day we had 10 flying around the sky near the house. Good for you in getting the phone up and working. I don't understand why the people that sold it to M did not put a new Simm card in, in the first place. Any time we get a new phone that is the first thing they do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great authors, our favourites too. Actually, she did put a SIM card in but not a new one. Now I wonder why too.

      Delete