Thursday, February 27, 2020

A 10th Birthday, More ‘Last Times’, More Friends’ Time, More Great Weather


Pilot Knob RV Resort, Winterhaven, CA
When I joined Bill downstairs on Thursday, Feb. 27th it was almost 7 am. The daylight was visible, I love how the days are longer now. It wasn’t as cool as I’d expected it to be, thinking it was going down to 46F overnight. After his coffee, Bill and I went for a nice walk around the park. Back home, I sat with my tea before having my shower. Bill was curious how much water we use here with our longer showers and now I know.

I've taken sunset pictures with my little camera
but not liking the reflections

I took them with my cell phone
and was happier with the results
I texted my son, Patrick, to wish our 2nd youngest grandson a happy birthday but knew he would be at school. The plan is that Patrick calls me after supper tonight so we can talk to the little guy. After he got washed up, he had some oatmeal and we walked up to play a couple of games of bocce ball, with the gang. We always miss this bunch after a fun winter with them. We are leaving on Saturday so this is the last time we’ll be able to play the game.

We played 3 games of bocce ball and then bowed out for the day
We headed back home and I changed into shorts. Another gorgeous 81F day is afoot. Kim and Ken followed us in their own car to Yuma Palms Mall. They wanted to check out Sam’s Club as they’d never been in before. Because it is a Member’s store, they can purchase using our card and it is a good way to see what is offered.

Sometimes, the points are hard fought
My partner and I are green and had this point
until Bill, with another partner, threw the blue ball
right next to the pea
First, Kim and I nipped into Ross’s as I wanted to exchange the 2-pack of bras I bought last time. They don’t remove the security tags for try-ons so with that encumbrance (of both attached together!) and my buying the wrong size, needless to say, they didn’t fit. So, I may have mentioned before that Ross’s is like a Winner’s. Almost no two things are alike and there isn’t a whole lot of organizing other than size lots. It took us a while and I found 4 more 2-packs similar to try.

At Sam's Club, Bill helps Kim and Ken through the self-checkout
It isn't something they normally do
A happy camper I was when I walked out with even nicer bras. We drove across the mall, through Saturday traffic to Sam’s. Bill and I needed 4 or 5 things and came out only with items on our ‘today’ list, a couple of things better priced than Fry’s. From there, we said goodbye to K & K as they left to do their own thing and we drove to the Arizona Marketplace once more - our last time this season. Fry’s was the next stop for the remaining items on our list and then fuel at .10¢/gallon off. 😊 Black Beauty was thirsty, down to 1/8th of a tank.

A stop at fry's
Lastly, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up ink tanks for our printer. We’d made a big enough ding in our bank account today so returned home by 2. We felt snookered and after unloading the truck, he rested while I put the last few items away. The freezer and fridge are full again. The day is pretty much shot (I don’t mean that in a negative way) so there won’t be any packing up done until tomorrow. We aren’t going anywhere tomorrow other than to the laundry room early.

Doug had politely texted me last night to invite us all out to Happy Hour at his spot for today so Ken and Kim picked us up at 3. Ken and I stopped at the office, me to get a roll of quarters for laundry and Ken to renew their stay. Doug and Yuma were ready for us and it was not as hot today out there as it was the last time. We were able to sit on his patio and enjoy the company. Ken, Bill and Doug went around the White Lion and talked about things that Kim and I are not interested in.

The Arizona Marketplace was busy today
We are, however, both happy that Doug has enough solar panels on order to leave him stress-free. Whether he is getting too much, is not for us to say, it will be plenty which in my book is better than not enough. Yay Doug! Once they are installed, you can take advantages of food specials. And Dolly will love that big fridge! I'm sure George Yates would be very pleased that you have also ordered a Weber. Because Bill and I were expecting a phone call from home tonight, we all packed up and Ken drove us home shortly after 5.

Happy Hour
Kim, Ken, Bill, Doug and of course, Yuma poses too
 The sky was covered in clouds and it was still very warm at 76F. Inside the Suite it was 80F, so we opened windows to let some of the ‘cooler’ air in. I was disappointed in myself on the drive back that I hadn't checked email messages earlier. I’d missed  that bloggers from Travel with Bentley had tried to contact me. Sounds like they have arrived at Pilot Knob today so we need to find out where they are set up so we can make contact tomorrow. I'm so sorry, Cheri and Dean! We’d like to meet you!

I think he was bored with all the chatter
After Happy Hour, no call came from my son and although I was disappointed, it wasn’t surprising. Patrick is forgetful and has umpteen things going on in his life. Who knows what took place when he walked in the door tonight after work? Hopefully, we’ll make contact at some point soon and the main thing is that Nate had a fun birthday. He was on our minds.

When we returned from HH, our neighbours were trying to help an older gentleman
find his campsite
Eventually, they all realized where he lived with his son and his wife (behind us)
The man had ridden his 'scooter bike' and Luanne was going to
drive it back home for him
The view from Doug's patio
We weren’t overly hungry so waited until after 6 and I started getting things ready. We had enough leftover spaghetti and meatballs to cover tonight’s meal along with Caesar salad and it didn’t take long to prepare everything. 


Second-hand spaghetti just doesn’t taste as good as the first time but the meatballs were good and we were full when we finished. We took care of dishes while watching some television. TLC puts all kinds of programs on and tonight was no exception. Let’s just say we were entertained.

And over the fence, the sunset like in a painting


I sat at my laptop to work on my blog posting for today. This was a great day but almost too busy. We accomplished a lot in town and now have tomorrow free for a few fun things, a few chores and of course, a fair bit of packing up. I hope you’ve enjoyed your day.

On Nathan's 1st birthday, the traditional birthday cake photo
Happy 10th  Birthday Nathan!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

11 comments:

  1. I love using the Sam's Club app on my phone, you scan everything as you put it in your cart and then walk out of the store. And if you need to do a return the receipt is on your phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of that app. So, you are paying by credit card, obviously? That sounds neat, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Another lovely day. I'm jealous that you all are in shorts!! I'm thinking of getting long johns!! Your spaghetti looks delicious, left-overs or not. Cute picture of Nathan ... I'm sure he likes the second picture better. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange how variable the weather patterns are. It doesn't seem that you are THAT far away!
      I like the second picture better, who knows about Nate, he is a little boy! haha

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Nathan! He's such a cutie, love the pic of you with him. :) I had no idea Sam's had self check out. I really hate that so many places are coming to that :( We get there so infrequently. I know nothing about solar, but I'm thinking Doug will be very happy with his too. Very nice that Doug wanted to host HH. Enjoy your last day at Pilot Knob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys. There are a lot of self checkouts and if that is the way of the shopping world, we'll hop on board. Some lineups are very discouraging.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to meeting you and Bill later today!! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your nephew, what a cutie!

    Enjoy your final day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a quite a busy day for you Patsy!! A big shopping day indeed! Hope you have provisioned yourself well for next few days. The happy hour in the sweltering heat must have relaxed you a lot. Loved the way Yuma lying so relaxed oblivious of the surroundings !!Amidst of all the busy schedule its great to know that Nate was all over your mind.

    ReplyDelete