Friday, July 19, 2019

Beautiful Sleep with a Breeze, Bloodwork, Animal Shelter, Trip to Owen Sound, Late Cleaning


Hot up on The Ridge
On Friday, July 19th we woke to another warm and sticky day already at 6:30. Bill wanted to leave at 7 to go to Hanover (20 min.) for his 3-month bloodwork so I just went for a short walk to the corner of Baptist Church Rd and North Line. There was a lovely breeze on the way but it was behind me on the way home. Too warm to put any ‘oomph’ into my step today so walked leisurely.

Morning pond picture
Back home, I waited until my sweetie left before making myself a cup of tea. No point in teasing him when he couldn’t have any. I read blogs and upon his return at a few minutes past 8, he had a coffee and we each had some yogourt. I got washed up and we were soon leaving for Owen Sound. Let’s get this trip to Home Depot done this morning so we have the rest of the day just hanging out. On the way there, we followed gps directions on my phone to the Grey Bruce Animal Shelter.
The sun pushed through the clouds as we neared Durham
We had some of Clemson’s dry dog food, wet food, shampoo and a conglomerate of leashes. They were so grateful for the small donation and she offered us a walk through. I can’t say that I’ve ever walked through a shelter before so after exchanged glances, Bill and I decided to follow her on a tour to meet the dogs. No cats, thank you. I’m grateful that there were only about 6 large dogs and a couple of them were beautiful and some of their stories were very sad. Humans can be pathetic, harming these innocent creatures.

When my coconut oil is completely liquid
It has to be hot
We thanked her for the tour and left. Bill followed Concession Rd 8S to Hwy 26 in O.S. and we were pleased that it took us the back way in to just the strip mall we needed without a drive through the busy streets. 

A nice clean shelter
I dropped Bill at Home Depot and went the short distance to Value Village. We don’t get to O.S. often so I always like to walk through. Today, I was on a mission for one thing only. I went straight to the appliances and finally, on the top shelf, there it was!

My new appliance
One lone Magic Bullet blender with all of the pieces intact. The price was irrestible so I took it to the ‘testing’ counter and plugged it in. Voila! Now, I can make the special coffees even better. I met Bill at the pick up end of H.D. as he finished at the check out seconds before I did in V.V. Perfect timing. He loaded his 4 – varying 8’ pieces of wood in Ptooties and we scooted the back way to #6 for home.

It is made right in the cup
A stop in Durham at Bath & Biscuit to tell Clemmy’s dog groomer, Kate, about his passing. She was very sad but very happy to know why she’d not see him again. She was great with him. Lastly, I ran into the post office for a couple of stamps and then home. We were both hungry for brunch, it was 11 am. The sky was getting darker and boy was it warm inside the Suite. Bill said it was 78F outside and 79F inside.
and a lovely frothy Bullet Proof coffee
I fried up peameal bacon and eggs for a delicious meal and we did dishes together. Bill drove the out-going letters down to the box as the clouds were about to burst anytime and I didn’t want to get caught in it. I washed the pieces of my blender while he did that. Before he was able to get out of the suv, the dam broke and he got wet running inside. It was a storm with thunder, lightning and high winds but it didn’t last more than 10 minutes. We need more rain than that but it is a start.
This one looks like fun

He went down to the Hangar and I made a Bullet Proof coffee. Wow! That is so much better than with the hand blender. It tastes exactly like Jo-Anne made it. The small price was worth it for sure! Inside, I may have to get out a puzzle on my puzzle mat. It is going to be an inside afternoon. With Bill at his Hangar, covering his big Telemaster, I didn’t waste time getting a 550 pc. puzzle out. It’s a neat picture of oil bottles and I figured it would keep me entertained.


No sooner did I get it out on the mat, on the table and the sky cleared. I unplugged for a while again but realized on my walk out and down the lane for the mail that the storm didn’t cool the day off at all. I should have closed things up and turned the a/c on right then but waited and told myself that it wasn’t too bad. It was 85F outside now and 86F inside.
I need to at least get half of it done so it will roll up
Border pieces are all around the edge
I worked away and accomplished more than I expected before it was time to stop and mix up the ingredients for meatloaf. Madame IP hadn’t been used for a few days and that was the way I’d be cooking tonight. Bill texted from the Hangar and asked when I was ready to eat so we planned for 6:30.  The meatloaf was delicious as usual and I just did simple mixed veggies as a side. With dishes cleaned up, we relaxed inside and turned the a/c on to cool the Suite down a bit before bedtime.

One of the new (to us) country roads we travelled today
They were patching only what was completely necessary
It was my day to clean at the Mat but with an appointment in London on Monday, I wanted to time it just right. Bill and I agreed that if we both clean tonight, when it was supposed to be cooler, and then I went in on Monday morning, it would be fine until we returned on Wednesday. Jamie is still out west so I want to make sure it is covered as best as possible. Sitting for 2 days without a cleaning isn’t too bad.

And supper was good
So, at 8 we drove into Durham to take care of business. I appreciated having Bill with me, for speed and company. I don’t usually go in after supper. I wasn’t outside much today so pictures were not a priority. This has been a great day, albeit most of it spent indoors. I hope you’ve managed to stay cool. One more day of this heat and we get some relief on Sunday. We’ll be ready.

And tonight, driving into town
we were rewarded with this sky
good night!
Thank you for stopping in!

10 comments:

  1. So exactly what is in your coffee? I can’t get past the oil part. I haven’t tried meatloaf in my IP. Yours looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just coffee, approx. 2 tbsp butter (or mct/coconut oil) and I add a Splenda sweetener pack. Today I'm going to skip the sweetener and see what difference it makes for me. You don't taste the Oil/butter AT ALL!
      The meat loaf was 25 minutes and then 10 for release.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got a good deal on the Bullet and enjoyed some nice hot weather, sounds much hotter than here though, still have not needed our air conditioners yet, maybe today .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a great deal, yes! :D
      We are having very hot weather and of course not much shade up here.

      Delete
  3. Sweet of you to donate Clemson's things to the animal shelter. Hoping for good news from Bill's bloodwork! Seems it's hot everywhere! Congrats on the good deal on the bullet! Dinner looks yummy! I'm sure you are enjoying the puzzle! Dinner looks yummy! Love meatloaf...hmmm thinking I may do one for tomorrow's dinner..thanks for the idea LOL>.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob and Jo-Anne suggested the shelter for the things that we couldn't 'pawn' off on them. haha The staff at the shelter were so appreciative to receive the stuff. (as was Higgins).

      Delete
  4. I'm almost surprised you didn't come home with a puppy from the shelter. I don't dare go to the shelter here...I'd have a dozen cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens no! It's way too soon and they were all big dogs anyway or cats. Not cat people. :)

      Delete