Friday, June 4, 2021

A Busy Friday for All of Us

The Ridge

Friday, June 4th didn’t start out the best for one reason or another but by the time I’d had my tea, I had got caught up on FB messages as well as the Norwex information my consultant was sending me. I’m a bit intimidated by the whole thing, only because ‘new’ things do that to me. My party is June 11 to 13th and I want to be as prepared as I can.

I'm getting familiar with the products

Bill called me around 10 to ask if I could pick his two auction items up from Rockford today. Their invoice was late coming to him and that meant the normal 2-day pickup was shortened (on our end) to one day. We needed to get them before 4 today. His hours on Friday are never set in stone so after I drove to Elmwood to pick my and Gayle’s stuff up from BizyBee, I followed the GPS to Rockford. It’s all quite easy, an organized process.

First time Gibbs climbed up the new steps

On the way back home, I stopped at Gayle’s and dropped her stuff off. Gibbs went along for the ride today and rode in the back with his big boy seatbelt, his bed and his blankey. He was very good. I was going to stop at Foodland for bread and eggs but when I swung through town, the parking lot was absolutely crazy! I’ll get it tomorrow when we go in to clean and do the laundry. I say ‘we’ because I’m hoping Bill will come and do the big dryers.

Coming back from our drive, the sky was pretty

On the drive and at home I felt really tired. I think I slept pretty good but after my cousin mentioning the Amber alert, I remember that it woke me up too. My brain couldn’t associate it to anything at the time but I know I lay awake for some time after. Once we got home, I put Gibbs on his long leash at the bottom of the steps and came in with his bed and my purse etc. He didn’t want to wait and came all the way up the new steps!


He likes to go behind our chairs and sleep here in
between them

I made a coffee, a pumpkin smoothie and had some lunch. I didn’t know what to do next but since Gibbs was sleeping behind the chairs, decided to go to the garden and plant some hostas that Gayle gave me. Sometimes I wish I didn’t love a garden so much as the back breaking challenges involved are almost more than I can bear. Well, I got the 4 plants in the ground and that was enough for today.

Still trying to use up the last of the pumpkin, I blended
a smoothie
It tastes like I'm drinking a pumpkin pie

I just left the wagon up there with the rhubarb plants and will get at it either later when it is cooler or tomorrow. M needed some help sending pictures for an ad so I popped over to help with that. It was a 20-minute visit and I came home with an hour’s pay. 😊 We are showing a big fat ZERO in our fresh water tank so will need to get some tonight. I really wanted a shower, especially after the garden work, but didn’t want to be all soapy and run out. The gauges are never 100% accurate. Are yours?

I planted 4 hostas in the new garden up on the berm

There was a nice breeze today but not too bad for the awnings to be out. I kept an eye on them and have unplugged from power for the afternoon. It’s a lovely day. Bill texted that he might be late so I’ll play supper by ear. I have chicken thighs out and plan to do them in the air fryer with some rice and vegetables on the side. Or perhaps a salad. Gibbs has been good today, so taking him on outings in the car tires him out, it seems. He rang the bell three times today, once very urgently, and has done his business quickly each time. Yay Leroy Jethro Gibbs!

We had quite a few visiting turtles in our
patio area today

We went outside when he rang the bell around 4:00 and I put Gibbs on the retractable leash. We sat (I sat) over by the firepit and he ran around. There are many Mrs. Yertle’s coming up to the gravel and our grassy area all of a sudden. Weird. We haven’t seen much of them at all and in the last 5 days, we are seeing at least one, sometimes more than one each day – up here. Lots of little nesting holes started but that’s it so far.

"What is it, Mom?"

I let Gibbs get close on the lead but say ‘be gentle’ when I think he might bite or paw at it too hard. He is curious and the one by the King chairs is very patient with him. She hardly moved. Bill wasn’t on his way home until 5 and then went directly to the Acreage to get our water bladder full. We stayed outside until he arrived around 5:45. He’d had a beer with Gerry before he left and almost as soon as he stretched out in his chair, he was gone to dreamland.

                                                    Gibbs had fun with Mrs. Yertle

Gibbs had gotten his fill of an exciting day too and was asleep just beside Daddy’s chair. My day was pretty full and around 6, I started preparing our supper. Chicken thighs in Rosy (air fryer) with a coating of Shake ‘n Bake, rice cooked on the stove for Bill, Cauliflower rice in the microwave for me and corn on the cob. Yum. It all tasted with the exception of the corn. It was tough, it had been in the fridge too long.

We were eating just before 7. The wind had died right off and I put the awnings out all the way. No more fluttering. 😊 During dishes, as is predictable now, Gibbs rang the bell. I took him out for his piddle and then he laid down on the grass and rolled over for a tummy rub. He is so ‘pliable’ if you can use that for a puppy. Rub his tummy and you can get him to do anything!


                           Bill couldn't cut the grass in this area for obvious reasons

She was having a hard time getting one stone out but after 30 minutes

I hope she can lay her eggs here

Bill went out after dishes were done and thought he would start cutting some grass. His snooze, which turned out to be a good 40 minutes, must have given him renewed energy. After supper, I’m not in any better shape than I am mid-afternoon. Mornings are more my speed. 

There's a first for everything, she hadn't started laying yet
when Mr. Yertle crept up on top of her for about 3 minutes

Before saying 'see ya!'
Interesting

The rest of the evening went along pretty normally and I worked on my blog after feeding Gibbs. I should have had my shower but that will be tomorrow now. We’ll probably get another bladder of water tomorrow to top us up.


A pretty sunset ends the night under our awning
Good night!

This was a good day.

8 comments:

  1. It is funny how they are coming closer to our living area. Last year it was very sad that a skunk dug up all of their eggs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the heat of the day really knocks me to the curb. I'm suddenly a very sprightly morning person. BUt into bed between 8-9PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the heat never used to bother me but the older I get, the humidity really slows me down too.

      Delete
  3. Pretty sunset, especially the last photo under the awning!

    Gibbs is a good boy and so danged cute. He's sure learning quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, I thought the awning added to the picture when usually I don't like it in the way! :)

      Delete
  4. Good day here too. Must be interesting with those turtles around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turtles are entertaining for sure. Sometimes they dig and dig for hours and then still change their mind for one reason or another.
      Glad you had a good day. :)

      Delete
  5. I am definitely a morning person, best time of the day for me / us. That was a busy day for you! Nice that Gibbs is getting the bell concept. What a smartie! Beautiful sunset picture!

    ReplyDelete