Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Laundromat Work, Shopping Spree with Sisters!

The Ridge

On Tuesday, June 15th I had big plans. Now, with the lockdown loosened for some things, I made plans with Donna and Gayle to go to Value Village and the Mission Store in Owen Sound. πŸ‘©πŸ‘©πŸ‘© So, I was on a bit of a schedule when I left at 7 for the Mat and did my cleaning. M had asked if I would take one of his comforters in to throw in a big machine so I did that while I cleaned.

as I pulled out the driveway, a family was moving
off to the front field

When I left there, I nipped down to Foodland to get Bill more milk, he goes through it pretty fast and that is a good source of calcium for him. I need to keep ahead of his supply. 😊 Back home, I let Gibbs out of his crate, fed him and took him for a couple of walks to be sure he’d exercised and piddled and pooped. He had to go back in again for a few hours. So, on the way to Durham at 9:30, I stopped at M’s to return the comforter and he was very pleased with how it cleaned up in a bigger machine than his.

The teens are really growing and changing colours

From there, I drove to town to meet Donna at the Credit Union parking lot. She parked and we added her bags of donations to mine in Ptooties' trunk. We were excited for another day away together. I worried about Gibbs, like any parent would for a child, but I knew he was as safe as could be in his crate with water and a comfortable environment. I still worried, ask Donna. We picked Gayle up on the way and arrived to a long line at Value Village, people waiting to get in. We were not surprised, first day for in-store shopping for a lot of us in many months PLUS senior’s day!

Worth the wait as usual
Funny, the shade is brown with deep purple swirls
but with the light on it looks completely purple


There was no one in front of us for dropping our donations so did that first and walked up to get in line. There is only a certain capacity of shoppers allowed in the store, so we patiently waited our turn while visiting with each other. 

Fits perfectly where we want it

Yes, we had our masks with us and put them on when we entered the store. The wind was cool though so we were glad to have our jackets with us. We waited almost an hour and then we just took our time inside. We always split up and often cross paths and share our findings with each other. It was around 1 when we all checked out. 😊

I found some interesting books
Unfortunately, we've read two of them. Duh!


Wow! Quite a savings with the 30% discount and I was happy to have my own spending $ to be free with what I purchased. One main thing that I found was a floor lamp. I’ve been watching and bidding on them in the auctions but I have a limit on what I want to spend. Since Bill and I furnished our Suite with 2 separate recliners, we thought a floor lamp in between us would alleviate the need for the two bright LED overhead lights being on. I like a light to read but it is quite bright if Bill wants to watch tv.

I love this 'drop anything in' purse
Sometimes I just don't want to be so organized

The lamp was (are you sitting down?) marked $9.99 and the shade was separate at $3.99. As if that wasn’t a deal in itself, take 30% off each of those. The base is heavy, brushed brass and it matches our ‘not so matching’ dΓ©cor! Ha ha, Okay, so it doesn’t match the brushed silver door and cabinet handles but …..it fits and I love it. I do have to pick up a couple of led power saving light bulbs to replace the old one in it. Anyway, it worked last night like a charm.

Lots of lunch meals on the flip side
but I felt like the Comfort Breakfast today

I hit the jackpot with 3 pair of knee length shorts, a pair of jeans, 5 books, a watch, some new ankle socks, new bra, and undies. Then we went to the Mission Store where I found a few more books (at much nicer prices) and a metal silver caddy for holding my dish cloth and Norwex counter cloths (when I get them). I have to admit that it was  less expensive than buying their brand, too. We were quite famished when we left there around 2 so I drove down 16th to the European Bakery Restaurant for lunch.


Oh! I could eat it again easily!

We knew we could take out but were thrilled that there was a table outside on the patio for us. That would save us time and since we had a table, we all ordered a breakfast meal off the menu rather than a sandwich or wrap. 😊 Perfect choice! I don’t make eggs much at home anymore but having someone prepare poached eggs on peameal bacon, with tomato and onions, for me was a real treat! The sunflower rye toast was good too and I brought 2 pieces home for Bill and I to share at home.

At home Gibbs and I took a walk around to check out my flowers
The coneflower is getting really big

My Evening Primrose are closer everyday

I'm calling these our 'London roses'

By the time I dropped Gayle and Donna off, it was about 4 when I got home. Gibbs was waiting and very happy to see me. That’s okay, I didn’t need that ear lobe! 😊 He got a lot of praise and I made sure to spend the next hour exclusively on him. We walked, played and then sat on the patio to wait for Daddy who arrived just before 5. We were all tired, except L J G, of course. He had us running in and out for part of the evening. We took turns taking him out for a piddle at his bell calls.

I'm so happy that my Hibiscus is coming
It seemed slow but it did say 'late spring' so I was just too impatient

With more blooms coming soon

For supper, it was easy and delicious. Leftover stew with the rye toast and the last of the pie for dessert. I’m not sure why I ate it all, I wasn’t overly hungry. I need to start back on serious keto – well ‘more’ serious keto than what I have been. I’m feeling quite blimpy and that isn’t a nice feeling. The night went by smoothly, Bill watched car shows and I dozed in my chair. At 10, we all went to bed. Gibbs uttered one yip and one protest whine but went quiet long enough for us to fall asleep.

This is the type of meal I could eat night after night
Sometimes with dumplings. :)
Good night! I should be caught up now!

Thank you for stopping in.

7 comments:

  1. Your flowers are lovely. That late frost took my little rose bush. The wild roses are clicking along though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that frost damaged a lot of flowers and trees. :(

      Delete
  2. With the heat, things seem to grow like gangbusters and the rain doesn't hurt either. I made a trip to VV and Sally Ann today. It's always so much fun to see what one can find. I didn't do quite as well as you but got some fun stuff too.

    I've yet to venture out to a restaurant but hopefully that will be soon. I'm just a few days away from the two week mark from my second vaccine and cases have really declined here in my city. An outdoor patio sounds perfect and your breakfast looked delicious.

    Little Gibbs sounds like so much fun and sooo very energetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite what we say about the weather, things are really starting to flourish, aren't they?
      Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. My not so creative mind goes crazy and it isn't anywhere near what yours is so you must just be brimming with ideas! :)
      The outdoor patio was wonderful, to be able to eat out and get waited on again.
      Energetic should have been his middle name! haha

      Delete
  3. How great is it that things are opening up again for you. You sure got some lovely bargains. and the visit with your sisters...priceless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete