Monday, September 25, 2023

A Beautiful Sunday & Steak! ♥

The Ridge

On Sunday, Sept. 24th I didn’t even feel a year older, heh heh, when we got up. We were forecasted to get another lovely day and it didn’t fail us. Bill readied for a morning flying with the boys and I sorted laundry and drove to the Mat before 8. We had 3 loads, but only because I wanted to spread them out. Seems there were a lot of jeans/shorts this week and they wash better that way.

At our corner to turn, this is what
the sun looked like at 7:45. 
Looks like it exploded!
Quite odd.

I drove past Rockwood, Mom's previous
residence and it looks like they may be
starting construction soon.
This area was all grass before.

It was busy in there between 8 and 9:30 and by the time I finished cleaning and folding our clothes, it had slowed down. I decided to dry them in town rather than hang them on our line only because we had our dinner ‘date’ and would be gone for most of the afternoon. I don’t like bringing clothes in after supper so this worked. Back home, I made some toast and when Bill returned around 12:30, he did the same.

The pretty tree just gets brighter



Baptist Church Road is coming
to colourful life too









Gibbs and I went for our walk to the corner and back, what a gorgeous day! For those of you, not on Facebook, thank you so much for the well wishes on my birthday yesterday. It means the world to stop, smell the roses and count my blessings and all of you are included in those. 😊 Bill had his shower and we left the Suite around 1:50, leaving Gibbs in charge.

To the east of our lane, I hadn't noticed these trees have
begun the change too.

About 45 minutes from home,
we turn in the heart of Drayton onto 
their road.

And arrival just around 3 pm.

We arrived at Krystal and Matt’s just before 3 and were greeted by 3 happy faces, including that sweet little Alexander’s. He takes the cake with the best little smiles that just light up the room. Such a happy baby, as we can attest to after spending almost 3 hours with him. 


What a great picture!

Matt barbecued us ‘perfect’ t-bone steaks and that is exactly how steak should taste. With oven roasted potatoes, carrots, corn and bread that Krystal prepped inside, we were certainly sated. Yum!

Not to forget Mac(k) the family security.

A selfie attempt.
Little Alexander is quite familiar with the camera. 💗

Ready for my steak, Dad!
How many grandparents does it take to strap
a 4-month-old baby into a highchair?
In this case, two, but it was a challenge!
We're out of practice! 

Topped off with pecan pie and vanilla ice cream – oh my – I asked what time next Sunday? 😊 We had a lovely visit, special cuddles with our newest grandson and a wonderful dinner together. I wish I could get my videos figured out on here, I would have taken a video of Grandpa getting giggles from Alexander at the table. Next time!

It was a delicious meal
I ate the whole thing!

Yummy!

Matt had farm chores to do so we left before 6 for the drive home. It always seems much shorter for some reason. ??? Bill was tired though and I had to poke him a couple of times to keep him talking or whistling to the tunes on the radio.

Photo op time before we leave.
Proud Mama right there. 💕

Alexander couldn't keep his eyes of the Blue Jays game
on tv. 

Our turn!
Krystal was better at getting his attention.
(I think she stood in front of the big screen) 😂

A 3rd generation picture

We were home before dark and Gibbs was happy to see us, such a good little guy. I am tired too so my blog will get posted in the morning, I have tons of ‘baby’ pictures to choose from. The evening was spent in front of the tv for as long as we could keep our eyes open!

Hibiscus #18
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Lovely you were ale to spend some time with him, and celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely party and the baby is just the cutest. He really likes the camera.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday :-) Nice family photo's!

    ReplyDelete