Saturday, September 9, 2023

A Quiet Weekend Day

The Ridge

Saturday, Sept. 9th brought us cloudy skies. We were supposed to see sunshine around 8 am but that never transpired. It was, however, calm and although only 11C/52F, without winds, it was pleasant enough. Bill was up at 6:30 with Gibbs and stayed up to get ready for the flying field. They were flying in the morning and then had a club meeting around noon.

Those clouds are pretty heavy
so we don't have high hopes for sunshine

I've been proven wrong before so those blue
patches 'just may' improve things!

I had nowhere to be so got up at 7 and just lounged with my tea until he left. With tea done and games played, I had my shower before Gibbs and I went for our walk. He wasn’t too keen on going very far this morning so I let him lead us back home. 

Today, his main concern was finding that
perfect private place to do his business.
I love that he goes off the road where I don't have
to clean up after him. ♥

Off leash coming up the lane, he ran like a little whirling dervish! For some reason The Who song that goes “I’m free! I’m free, and freedom tastes of reality” ran through my head as I walked up to the top of the hill. 😊

Where oh where has my little dog gone?

Where oh where can he be?
I don't see him yet.

He does come back to me after he gets his run around the berm, sheds, trailers etc. taken care of. I laugh a lot at this little bundle; we are so blessed, getting another great pooch in our lives. Because his Daddy wasn’t home, he didn’t hesitate to come inside when I did. 

There he is!! I never fret anymore,
as I know he'll come back to find me.

Plus, he can't go very far.

I still wasn’t done with my search through our memory cupboard so emptied the other half this time and finally found what I was looking for. The pictures I’ve taken of our LadyFest from the time I started attending in 1993 up to date. These are the hard copies, from 2008, they are digital. I found a lot of other things too that I had to take the time and read. 😊 Poems that I wrote from decades ago for one occasion or another. Since Bill was going to be late, I sauteed my vegetable and bacon mixture and had it on toasted marbled rye today.

Bad but sooo good.

I know the bread is b-a-a-d for someone trying to avoid carbs, but I consumed it anyway and enjoyed every bite. The scales have been pretty nice to me lately, too, so a few slips won’t hurt too much. I cleaned up and went back to work on my laptop, typing up the list for my sibs. We want to have it documented when we started, where we went and stayed, how we got there (transportation) and who all attended for each year. I’m getting there!

I get a kick out of this picture.
My first time to Montreal with the girls.
We received a very warm welcome from Audrey's
friend at the Sheraton and a wonderful discount too!

I drove into town to check out The 5th Element, a new gem store after Donna saying how nice it is. I also filled a water bottle, stopped at the Shell station to check out their 50th party celebration and lastly stopped at a garage sale on South Line (as opposed to North Line). Another nice meeting with a young couple who are dreaming of this lifestyle. I keep forgetting to give them one of our cards! I came away from there with two new-to-us dvd's. 

No new Hibiscus to report, yesterday's two
finished opening today.
This Sedum is slowly turning pink but
in town, they are already in full bloom. 

Back at the Ridge, Bill was home about 45 minutes after me and told me of his flying experiences today. He has a few minor ‘fixes’ but did manage to fly 3 (?) planes today which is great! Gibbs and I wandered down to check his progress and then I pulled some weeds from along the corral fence garden. I’ve been neglecting them! Maybe the mower or weed trimmer will come out tomorrow after my morning chores are done. 😊

Prime spot for watching both Mom and Dad

But wait, there's that smell that I must
roll over!

Then taking up position over everything.
See how long that grass has grown in spots?

For supper, we had sausages on a bun and that should suffice. They are very filling. Bill grilled them on the Weber and they always taste so good! Bill went to the Hangar to finish his planes before nightfall and we stayed indoors together. 

Delicious!

This has been another pleasant day. Funny how now, off to the north, there are patches of blue sky. LOL Maybe they meant 8 pm!!

The sky starts changing and continues
until the sun sets - somewhere. 
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

6 comments:

  1. Being Bad about Carbs once in a while will not cause any problems to your metabolism. A nice relaxing day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta love how Gibbs keeps an eye on both of you!! Must have been a "lovely" smell in the grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy lately, I'm sure having a day off with your little bum was very nice. Hopefully the weather improves for you. I'd take the rain here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that. A day of her and there is wonderful.

      Delete