Tuesday, September 12, 2023

These Lazy Days are Piling Up

The Ridge

So, on Tuesday, Sept. 12th Bill was up and getting ready for work at his normal time. I knew I would be vehicle-less so had notified M that there would be no town run today and since it was raining, I wouldn’t even walk over for work. We’re set up for Thursday as of now. Gibbs and I stayed up and I sat in my chair with him beside me while I drank my morning tea. I felt hungry too, so had some cereal.

So, this is the kind of day we had.
Sun in one corner and clouds threatening
from another

But it wasn't bad really once we got the
morning behind us.
It was mild.

It rained to some degree all morning so we didn’t go out at all, other than his business. He doesn’t like the rain, so it was out and back in very quickly. 😊 I thought I’d try and honour a request from a friend for a toque. He’s very, very confident in my crocheting abilities, but I’m going to try and get one made for him. I have time in case the first 1, 2 or 3 are duds. Ha ha. I got lucky once…..

A few colour choices I can offer our friend.
I'm sure the pink, lime and lilac are out
of the picture. 😂
I'm going with the brown.

At lunch, I sauteed up my favourites and enjoyed them on half a slice of marble rye bread. Still delish! Then we sat while I tore out my first attempt at the toque and decided to try and unravel a messy ball of yarn. Where is my detangler when I need him? Oh, he’s at work. Bill is the best at this kind of stuff. I managed but found that there were 4 ends in the ball which actually made my job easier. 😊

I need my Yarn Whisperer!
Oh what a tangled web we weave.

At 1:00, Gibbs and I went out for a walk as the rain had stopped for the time being. He was funny because the grader was coming down the road towards us and he just barked and barked at that big machine. 

walking west

Gibbs told this big guy what for!!

The driver slowed down, waved and then tooted his horn at us. He laughed at Gibbs’ reaction. On the way back up our lane, the grader went back down the road and seeing us, tooted once more. 

Heading home on a nicely graded road

Now, for sure, we can see pink in the Sedum

When I drove to town  before supper,
the sky was still threatening.

Back home, after more toque attempts, I had my tea and turned The Handmaid’s Tale on. I limited myself to watch only two more episodes but it’s a nail biter for sure! Bill got home around 3:30 which was really nice and very early for him! Things are in motion and we should have Black Beauty back tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I left Bill and Gibbs at home and nipped in at 4 to clean the Mat. It wasn’t too bad, tested a couple of machines and was back home by 5:30.

Supper was good
the beginning

and the end. 💗

Bill cooked fries and I air fried the chicken nuggets. For dessert, another piece of that delectable cheesecake. Yum! We cleaned up dishes and Bill walked through the rain showers, yup they returned, to the Hangar. With my blog done, I’ll go back to the tv – I think. This was another quiet day for Gibbs and I here at home but a good one. We’ve had enough excitement! Today, we were lucky if we reached 17C/63F but it felt cool and damp come suppertime. 

Billy got the picture I was hoping for.
To the very top right of the photo, you can see
the shoulder of the road.

And now the sad picture. 😖
At least it can be repaired.
Poor Black Beauty.
It's hard to see here but there is a bit of crumple in the hood too.
Hopefully, we'll have her tomorrow from Ford and wait to 
hear when she can go to the repair shop.
Good night!

Thank you for all your comments of concern for Bill, we appreciate you, our friends.

 

10 comments:

  1. Your dessert looks soooo good! BB is getting a face lift and Bill is safe! I'm from Minn. and hitting a deer is like hitting a brick wall~never good. 2024 has got to be better! You have some beautiful yarn there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Payson48. Nice to hear from you. Yes, it could have been a whole lot worse if he'd made contact with the deer. Yes, for 2024!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh the cheesecake!!! Poor BB ... yup looks like Bill did go for a wild ride. At least BB will be all healed up very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheesecake is good, I'll try and remember to include the simple recipe soon!

      Delete
  3. Phew...it's clear from that photo that Bill did a heck of a job steering the truck and trailer to safety. I'm sure a less experienced driver would have rolled for sure.
    One of my favorite crochet patterns for a beanie/toque can be found here:
    https://shabbysheepapparel.com/jonathan-beanie/
    It provides directions for various sizes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for saying that, Maebeme. He, of course, second guesses himself.
    Thanks for the pattern website. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope Bill is okay.. . Cannot wait to see you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Bill was not seriously injured in this accident. It's a horrible experience when something like this happens... can really shake up a guy or a gal. My daughter, granddaughter, grandson and Dean all hit a deer a couple of years ago... all within a few weeks of each other. Fortunately none of them were hurt... just shook up a bit. Deer are thick here in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri. They come out of nowhere and are pretty frantic themselves.

      Delete