Sunday, September 10, 2023

Bad Decision, Perhaps, Birthday Wish

The Ridge

On Sunday, Sept. 10th Bill was up again at 6:30 with Gibbs and I never heard a peep until they came back indoors. It was a dry morning, no foot wiping for Gibbs today. An old wives’ tale that my sister believes in is that if the ground is wet with dew in the early morning, it won’t rain. If it is dry, the opposite is true. Hmmm, we’ll see. I left after sorting the dirty clothes and drove to the Mat around 7:45.

The announcer on the radio said
'It's clear skies....'
His definition and mine are obviously
different!

Bill was all set to go to the flying field and left soon after me. The Mat had 2 customers in, one regular and another ‘new to me’ couple. I tested a couple of machines that were tagged to discover that sometimes people just aren’t patient enough with these old dryers. I understand that although it is a laundromat and you have to take your time to make sure coins drop properly. Anyway, they are fine.

I loaded 3 washers with our clothes, where did they all come from this week? Lots of t-shirts and jeans, shorts, oh my! 😊 Doesn’t matter, they all washed while I cleaned. The announcer on the radio was reading off a printed sheet about the weather and every half hour, he said ‘we have clear skies to remain until this evening’. Each time he said it, I looked outside. 40 minutes to the north is just as cloudy as it is here but no rain was mentioned so I’ll take our laundry home to hang. Bad decision?

Life is all about taking chances??
I took a chance.

I hung them trying to be positive. The line was full and they just hung there with no breeze to even shuffle them. LOL I sat with Gibbs for a while and then got back at – you guessed it – the LadyFest chart. Gayle provided a lot of missing information so I added it to my original draft and now we’re 98% up to date with a few questions unanswered. 😊 The girls are pleased to have it all written down. The older we get, the harder it is to remember.

I wonder if this is the same Blue Jay that always
comes to the bird bath for a drink?

Bill wouldn’t be home for lunch, so I did two things. I sauteed my same ole lunch and at the same time, had Madame IP boil 6 eggs for Bill’s work sandwiches. He likes a change from his peanut butter and cheese once in a while. Then, around 1:30, Gibbs and I went for a walk to the corner and back. On our return, Bill turned the corner and came up behind us. Of course, Gibbs couldn’t pull fast enough to follow his Daddy.

First picture was taken over my head
looking down at the little one.
Second, after our hanging the clothes, he
was plum tuckered out. 💓

These beautiful wildflowers are along our laneway

Off his leash at the end of the lane, he ran faster than ever to the Hangar. While they had their snooze upstairs, I was feeling like baking/making something for dessert. Searching recipes, keto recipes, I found a no bake chocolate cheesecake and it took no time at all to ‘whip’ it up. We’ll be having meatloaf for supper so I really wasn’t into baking this as well. It’s in the fridge to set. Bill and Gibbs went to the Acreage for a bladder of water and I checked the clothes.

They were both out cold 
I love how Gibbs ear hangs over the edge
of the bed.

Oh-oh. Very few items were dry, the heavy stuff was too damp to bring inside. We might be going to the Mat tonight to run a load dry. Bill needs clothes for tomorrow. Sitting here with my tea at 5, I can’t believe that I can see my shadow! Yes, the sun has made a brief appearance through the clouds. I’ve been watching and listening to the Canada Geese all afternoon. They are coming in to the pond, in droves, literally. 😊


I wonder who is in charge of planning the route?
'My turn, You did it last year, no I didn't!'
There is sure a lot of chatter.

I walked back through the path up on our berm for a better
view of the 3rd grouping but the brush was too thick.

There are at least 100 scattered in 3 different spots, 2 visible from the berm. I had to get my big Canon out to capture them properly. Yes, it is getting time to think about our departure too. 

♫ ♪ Here comes the sun, dooby do do ♪♪♫

With the brief interludes of sunshine between 5 and 7, our clothes were dry enough to bring inside. Phew! I really didn’t relish a trip into town. I mixed up the meatloaf and had it in the oven at 5:30 and then cleaned up those dishes.



They were in the sun for a good hour and a half
and that worked!

Supper was ready at 6:30, with fried potatoes and our vegetable. Dessert was, well, it was quite divine with some whipped cream and a stream of chocolate sauce on top. The presentation was superb! Ha ha. We cleaned up dishes and put our clean laundry away. Bill made his lunch and I finished my blog. This has been the end to a great weekend. My hubby has had his fill of flying, with suitable weather on both days. I’ve got a handle on our LadyFest ‘reports’ and relaxed a fair bit. It wasn't an overly warm day, reaching 20C/68F without sunshine, but it was pleasant enough.

even though the meatloaf was very good,
my broccoli cooked too long and
let's face it, dessert was the
main attraction tonight!

A birthday wish goes out to our (Bill’s) cousin, Rick, today. We are mere days apart in age, he and I, but he beat me to the punch!

Happy Birthday, Richard!
Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit, I hope you had a wonderful weekend too.

6 comments:

  1. The weather will be like a roller coaster ride until you hit the road.
    Glad you both had a good day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wild asters are so pretty! That cheesecake looks pretty darn good too.
    I had to check your counter - just over a month before you head out again. Time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that dessert looks amazing and I'll bet it hit the sweet spot. Kind of stressful wondering if the clothes would dry - glad it worked out! Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete