Thursday, September 7, 2023

Dipping a Toe into Fall? A Day Off Spent Around Home, Birthday Wishes

The Ridge

On Thursday, Sept. 7th we were all able to sleep in. After Gibbs got Bill up at 6ish, they were back into bed before I even noticed. It was nice to just laze, doze and cuddle (all 3 of us, of course) until around 7 when we rose to greet the day. 😊 Bill was informed last night that he had the day off. Not sure if it was all due to rain but for the most part, Bill was quite okay with it.

My girlfriend sent me this today.
Pretend it says Good Day!

I, also, had the day off and other than maybe connecting with Robin at some point, I had no outside commitments. With the temperature feeling a bit sluggish for the first part of the day, we left the windows open and let the fresh air fill the Suite. Bill had a propane tank to get filled and while he did that, I dusted. I’ve been pretty slack at that job but, surprisingly, it really wasn’t disgusting – yet. In Quartzsite it would be a different story!

I believe we're looking at Hibiscus # 7 & # 8. 

When he returned, he dumped the black tank and when he came inside, I was ready to vacuum and finished by washing the floors, the Norwex way. Easy but efficient! Gibbs didn’t get what was going on, what with both of us home. 😊 We (Bill) made a few phone calls to cancel/or update a few things regarding our travel and banking and made an appointment for a bank visit this afternoon. I placed an order on Amazon for new screen covers for our phones and for lunch, we made a sandwich. Mine was toasted tomato and cheese on rye.

We went outside this morning and waited for Daddy
to return from town.

I began peeling, cutting and slicing the last bag of apples. Time to clear them out of here. After Bill and Gibbs had their doze, we drove to Durham to the bank and on the way home, I dropped off the last book I finished, and one I won’t read. I’m not into ‘futuristic’ stuff so no point in trying the Jody Picoult novel. Back home, I pulled all the solar lights from the gardens around the property as only one has been working.

These Echinacea/Cornflowers are still very
much alive! I love them!

Bill removed the batteries, tested and we’ll get rid of the old lights that we’ve had for over 6 years. Earlier, Gibbs and I filled the bird feeders and the chickadee-dee-dees are very happy. Then, I made my tea, made arrangements to stop in at Robin’s tomorrow after cleaning the Mat and I relaxed until it was time to make supper. The day has changed from humid this morning to a chilly, breezy fall-like 17C/63F. It doesn’t sound as bad as it felt. It changed so quickly that after dumping the apple discards into the compost, I also changed, into jeans.

Two more Moonflowers too and I noticed 2 extra plants
have begun. 💖

The sky is a dull gray and we’ve only seen tiny bits of blue sky and sun today at all. Hence our decision for pancakes and sausage for supper tonight. The barbecue gets a rest, just in case the sky opens up. It has been a good day and I’ve got 4 cups of applesauce made and 3 more bags, making 6 total, of sliced apples for the freezer. Our freezer was so full that it seemed to be overheating so I’ve moved some things to the Bunky freezer and it is sliding back to normal. The humid days didn’t help either, I guess.

A cute picture of our grandchildren out west.
Hadley and Easton getting cuddly.

Which brings me to Easton's
first day of school!
Pre Kindergarten! Yay!
A big day for a big boy!

Today, is my second oldest biological grandsons 26th birthday. How is it possible that these boys have grown into young men? It boggles my mind so now I understand why Mom used to always say ‘that’s Bridgette?’ or ‘this is Patrick?’ when she could only recall memories of them as young children. I get it, Mom. Jake is a busy young man working hard and playing for fun in a rock band.

No longer a little boy, Jake is all growed up.

Jake, rockin' it on stage.
Happy 26th Birthday, Jacob!

He’s doing quite well in his band, as lead guitarist and vocals, according to his Mom and FB pages, but it isn’t music for us. I recognize his talent but will stay far away from that forum! God love him, he’s happy, doing what he loves. 😊 Our supper was yummy and I behaved by not overstuffing myself. 3 pancakes and 3 sausages was quite enough for me, while Bill had 4 and 4.

A nice easy supper and although
it didn't rain through dinnertime, I'm
happy we cooked inside. 

After cleanup, I wasn’t in to starting a new book tonight so finished my blog and watched some tv.  I wonder if we’ll need our duvet pulled up tonight? LOL Bill got word that he doesn't have to work tomorrow either but does have to take Black Beauty for a ride to Harriston for an alignment. I hope your day was a good one!

Last year on this day, we went to Kettle's
for Gayle's birthday dinner. This year, we have yet to
do that. 😉
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

8 comments:

  1. A big cold front pushed through, reached us here too.
    Happy Birthday Jake.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Easton and Hadley are growing way too quickly! They are both so cute! Happy Birthday Jake! Your dinner makes me want pancakes this am :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Jacob and to Gayle too. Congrats to young Easton on his first day of Pre-K. Seeing the photos of he and Hadley reminds me how quickly time is passing. Weren't they just wee babes in arms?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it doesn't seem like that long ago we were holding Hadley in our arms.

      Delete
  4. What? Easton is in school? Wasn't he born just a couple of years ago?? There is a memes joke in there...lol. Thank you for sharing their pictures. Happy birthday Jake!

    ReplyDelete