Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Early to Rise, Shopping Spree

The Ridge

On Thursday, Sept. 13th I was up just before 6 and Bill and I got ready for his work. In order for me to keep Ptooties for the day, I needed to drive him to Mildmay to meet the boys. We left at 6:30. On the way home, I stopped at ‘the scene of the accident’ and took a few pictures of my own. He sure did a number on that highway sign!

An early morning sky, I'm sure it won't be the last
early sky I'll see this month. 

There was a battle between Black Beauty
and this sign. Guess who won?

I came through Hanover and made a stop at Walmart and then Giant Tiger before heading home. It was a cool, drizzly, cloudy morning. I found everything on my list, including a couple pair of jeans, between the two stores, for myself. My wardrobe is 95% second hand (which I’m quite happy about) but the jeans are now mostly for work. It was a search, let me tell you, since most are either ‘skinny legs’ and/or ‘pre-washed AND pre-ripped’ fashion. I won’t buy jeans that look like they’ve been through a meat grinder.

From this angle you can see 
the incline and Bill's straight path
-self made path, that is. 

I came home with a pair of blue and black ones and for a very reasonable cost of $45 total. 😊 Gibbs watched me as I put the groceries away and I was pleased when Bill texted that Black Beauty was done at the Ford dealership. Meaning, the fuel pump has been replaced. Bill picked it up later, around 12:30 and made a couple of stops on his way. She was still looking pretty bad but he headed to Mount Forest to Car Star so they could get pictures and work on an estimate.

I opted for a different lunch today
but it is still a mishmash.
Olives, ham, lettuce, red onion, avocado, celery,
cheese and peanut butter. 

Right now, we have her home, until they get things in motion and then we’ll go from there. Neither of us want to dwell on any worst case scenarios. He was home around 3, I think. Gibbs and I had taken our walk earlier and I’ve been communicating with our Priceville Post Office over a missing parcel. My email says it was delivered yesterday but it is a no-show here.

5 1/2 hours later, we were eating again.
Sloppy joes from leftover meatloaf.

Finally, after back-and-forth chats, it was taken in by an individual down North Line with the last name of Richardson. Our mail delivery gal did not pay attention to the fire #. I hope she has been reprimanded – it has happened before in reverse and not everyone is honest. I’m glad that we’ll have it tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent crocheting and relaxing.

As, has been the case lately,
the sun came out late afternoon.

For supper, I made sloppy joes with the last bit of the meatloaf and thought about corn on the cob but forgot it in the microwave. LOL Too late now! We finished the chocolate cheesecake and that filled us. The sky is constantly changing as is the temperature. Tonight , will be a low of 6C/42F after a chilly day of 14C/57F. you know what this is giving us the itch for, don’t you? It was a good day, all in all, and we’re both back to work tomorrow.

By the time I posted my blog,
30 minutes after these were taken,
the sky was gray again, heavy with clouds. 
Prepare for a cool night!
Good night y'all!

Thank you for the visit.

6 comments:

  1. Patsy you are a day ahead of me ;-) Those photos of the accident site show how skillfully Bill managed to avoid rolling over, darn that road sign though, otherwise he may have driven out the other end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too but it also may have slowed him down to prevent rolling.

      Delete
  2. I think you would have even more damage if he had hit the deer. BB will be beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is definitely in the air. Our trees are turning yellow (we don't see a lot of orange or red here), and the nights have cooled down considerably. At Stitch and Chat, we were talking about the others plans to head south. One hasn't yet decided, while the other will be leaving directly after a wedding in Alberta at the end of October. The time for you snowbirds to fly away is coming up quickly!
    You did well with your purchases of new blue jeans. I don't mind the skinny legs as much as the ripped/torn ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about autumn. I don't mind that season at all, even with the cool nights but i do still long for sunny days!
      Some skinny jeans are ok. But having to pull them down every time i move gets to me.
      We are hoping and praying with all our might that BB is fixed so we can meet an appt for the Suite on Oct. 19 in London. Otherwise we won't be going anywhere.

      Delete