Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Staying Inside, Mostly

The Ridge

On Tuesday, Sept. 5th I was up to say goodbye to Bill. He left the Suite for work around 6:30, his usual time. He took Black Beauty today, in the off chance they would be done at this location today and he could bring their work trailer back to Mildmay. He wanted to pop into Grey Bruce Fleet as well, if he had time before they closed. 

The sunrise is later and later
but when it pops, it brightens the whole Suite.

They were working in Kincardine again, trying to finish the bathroom there, so I don’t know if he’ll be done on time to stop anyway. I had nothing, I repeat NOTHING, on my plate today, my reward for working on the weekend. Can you say 'Lazy'? I had my tea and then closed windows. It is going to be another hot one, one of the last two for a while, so I turned the a/c on to a middle grade of 24C/76F.

I doubt you can make them out,
but Gibbs is focused on our neighbours
at the end of their lane. 
I'm glad they've got themselves moved in.

Then we went for a walk down to the corner. As we approached our neighbour’s lane to the west, Dad, Mom and daughter were walking to catch the bus. They’ve finally moved in after getting possession June 1st. Anyway, it is Evie’s very first day of school, ever, and she was quite excited and cute with her little hat and backpack. Back home, the heat was already stepping in so I’m glad the a/c is set.

Top - my work centre
Bottom - 3 bags full for pies or crisps

I had no intention of doing anything outside today although it crossed my mind that perhaps I should be dumping our black tank before it gets too full. Another day, it isn’t necessary yet. I did bring the 5-gallon jug in to fill our fridge container and then began peeling, coring and slicing some of the apples for the freezer. I’ll make more apple sauce another day, soon, but this was enough for today.

My lunch today was so good!
A mishmash of sauteed vegetables and pepperoni
on toasted seeded rye bread. 😋

Today, I happened to glance at our wall calendar, which is inside on our entrance closet door and noticed that we forgot his worm pill on Sept. 1st, plus his Bravecto table for fleas and ticks. The first one he ate with gusto but I had to try a few things to get him to eat the second, obviously not pleasing one. Finally, I mashed it and mixed it with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Gobbled it up!

Gorgeous sky today with puffy white clouds
floating overhead

While working away at that, I turned Amazon Prime Music on and listened to one of my favourite groups’ songs from different albums. I’ve always loved Blue Rodeo, knowing the songs by heart, well, many of them. The Suite was full with me competing with the tv’s volume. Yikes, poor Gibbs! No dancing today though, I was too busy for the morning.

While watching my program,
I unwound my hank/skein of yarn into a ball.
Had to Google how to do it so I didn't have
it all tangled.
You avid 'wool gatherers' already know this trick
but I didn't!
One of you should recognize this yarn.

I’ve been reading my latest book and it is quite good and I’ve started watching the ‘uncomfortable’ (shall we say?) series The Handmaid’s Tale. After the first couple of episodes, I didn’t know if I could watch it, it is terrible but good so I watched 2 episodes this afternoon while we were cocooned indoors.



At 4, it was time to move, so I shut it off and Gibbs and I went for the mail. I put his new collar on him but didn’t turn it on. He never left my side and stayed at the end of our lane while I walked to the mailbox. by the time we got back from that short endeavour, he was anxious to get back in the coolness. Me too! I made a cup of tea and worked on my afternoon Wordle games. Tough Phrazle!


Look at this good little boy
walking BESIDE me up and down the lane.
"Look at me being a good boy, Mom!"

For supper, I’ve planned air fried chicken thighs and a potato for Bill and corn. No sprouts tonight for a change. 😊 He didn’t get home until 5:30 and I started supper at 10 to 6. The thighs always take a longer time in Rosy, or so it seems, but I didn’t want to counter-act utilizing the a/c by using the oven. Supper was good with applesauce and yogourt to finish. After clean up, (seems like a lot of dishes!) Bill made his lunch.

I have quite a few tomatoes coming ripe now
and 4 peppers on this one plant!
I didn't think I'd get more than the one pepper
so I'm quite pleased. One plant produced none. 😕


My Sedum is getting ready to bloom
showing pink in the blossoms
Such a worry free plant. 😁

This was a good day and with no wind to speak of, I’m glad we are using our cooling system for a couple of days! The night is young, so who knows what we’ll do for the evening. We reached a high of 30C/87F today and a warm evening for sleeping around 20C/68F. 

Supper and
Good night y'all!

By the way, for anyone interested, my sister arrived safe and sound in Budapest early this morning, our time. She will have a wonderful time with her daughter. 💕

Thank you for popping by.

10 comments:

  1. What are you making with that nice yarn? My tomatoes and peppers are amazing this year. Perfect balance of heat and rain! I did nothing today. Looking forward to a break in the heat. The thermometer on the back porch read 40!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't gotten that far yet with my yarn plan. I'm not very good art following crochet patterns.
      Relief from the heat is coming!

      Delete
  2. Er,I assume the 5 gallon jug was water to fill the fridge container,not anything to do with the black tank,lol? The Ridge looks amazing; so well kept.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERY ball of yarn looks familiar to me ........ I can't wait to see what you make. Good boy Gibbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it would. Don't get your hopes up for anything too creative with that yarn!

      Delete
  4. Love that wool and all the colors! Lunch did look yummy. Can't wait for you to have fresh tomatoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the yarn is beautiful, wish i was better at the hobby.
      I've been eating the few tomatoes so far harvested, but also had some given to me. I saute the romas from the store and eat the garden ones fresh.

      Delete
  5. I've already pulled all of my tomato plants as they were looking pretty horrid. But I did have a wonderful batch this year. Peppers, not so much. Two plants and three peppers - so far I'm leaving them on the plant as it hasn't got too cold yet. Woke to 6C this morning, though, brrr!
    It seems to me you deserved a day off, after working on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme! I enjoyed my day off. Btrr, that is cold, we don't want that yet but i know once you have it, we get it.

      Delete