Friday, June 28, 2024

Rounding up the Week Together

The Ridge

On Friday, June 28th when I woke at 6:30, Gibbs was a warm little body beside me and Bill’s spot was empty. They’d been out and I never heard a thing, unless the return to bed by the little bum is what woke me. 😊 I did my bed stretches and opened my blind. Then I got my snuggles, as he laid across my chest, before we both got up.

Good morning!
Canada Day weekend is upon us.
While backed into the Beer Store lot for M,
I watched Dollar Store Dave put his flag out. 😍
Nice job, Dave!

Bill was in his chair when we came down and the day has begun. Outside, it looked clear from my window but did not last for the morning. The temperature was low so Bill had turned the furnace on for a quick warm up cycle. His first order of duty was to go to the Acreage for water and while there, he was going to also fill the fresh water tank in Mike’s trailer. I lounged with my tea and my pooch before getting washed and dressed for my morning.

Yesterday I had an ouchy.
OMG, it hurt! Moving my folding lounge chair
in the Bunky, it closed on my thumb. It throbbed all day
and bruised immediately. Thankfully, the nail.isn't damaged.
It's just tender today, already healing.


Bill was still moving dirt. He can't sit still
when there is work to be done.
No wonder he's losing weight! 

Bill returned and had a bit more weed trimming to do and I left before 10 to drive M into town for his ‘pre-weekend’ errands. Bill was down at the end of the lane, moving more dirt, when I returned and asked me to make him a coffee.

Oh, the captions I could put on these pictures!
Let's just say:
"I'm so happy!"

Gibbs and I walked down to the front field as he finished up before lunch. Madame Kildeer was still screeching her warnings to keep us away from her nest, which we still haven’t located, even after cutting the grass. Strange.

The best things on my lunch plate?
salmon, cheese, olives, avocado, all good fats.

Gibbs was funny, rolling in the grass and chasing the feathers and his rope that I tossed for him. We had our lunch, Bill and Gibbs dozed for an hour while I went back out to tackle the puzzle. I sit and stare with frustration for a few minutes before finally one piece drops into place. Then a few follow that one and so on. 😊 Maybe you’ll understand more about my frustration on this one if you see what kind of pieces I’m dealing with.

Not much done as you can see.
Bottom picture shows how odd these pieces are.
You don't know if you're looking for one or three!

At 2, we took my Bernina (no longer in production) sewing machine to a repair shop not too far from here, in Mt. Forest. Nancy, oh my, you would love it. It is called Creekbank Sewing Centre & Fabrics and do they have fabric? Oh yes, they do. It is a Mennonite business and when she told us the cost to have it checked over, we agreed to leave it. I’m not sure what is wrong, something minor we hope, or we may as purchase a new machine. It will be 3 weeks before they even look at it, they are that busy.

Nancy, we thought of you while we toured
the 3 or 4 room store.

Beautiful quilts were displayed on the walls.

We wandered around and I took some pictures for my favourite quilter, just for drooling purposes, and I promised the young lady at the counter that I would bring Nancy if she ever made it to our country again. 😊 

Bill liked the star on the left.
I liked the 2 hearts in the right picture.
Um, can you say Long arm? At least I think that is what it is!

We drove home a different way, stopping at an out of the way property that I’d found on line. Not that we’re in a position to buy but I was curious and you know what curiosity does………. The property itself was small yet had possibility. The mobile home on site was a disaster, I'm sure the inside was gross.  If we could win money to build, ha ha, I'm so funny!

I started a new book by J.P.
and the boys snoozed beside me. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Back home, Gibbs was happy to see us and brought us his rope. The clouds have moved over the sky and no blue can be seen at all. The air is coolish but when in the vehicle, you need a window open, it feels so humid. I made my tea at home and poured Bill a Coke Zero. Gibbs got a Denta Stix. For supper, we had burgers and I even had a bun! The bathroom scales were being kind over the last few days so I’ll step down off the wagon for a meal. 😊

I took my time 'decorating it' and then savoured every bite.

The burgers were delicious, good job, Bill! Dishes were loaded in the dishwasher and we spent a quiet evening in the Suite. The outside dullness and forthcoming rains make us just want to sit tight. It was a good day though and the long weekend is upon us. Yes, Canada Day is Monday so there will be plenty of celebrations taking place around all cities, towns and suburbs. We had a cooler high of 20C/68F with no real sun appearance. It was muggy though until noon hour and it will only drop to 17C/62F overnight with more rain. 

Last year on this day, I had help reading. 
Wow, I just now noticed she is sitting on my brother's obituary which
is my everyday bookmark. That is from 2011.
Good night everyone!

Thank you for stopping around.

12 comments:

  1. I do hope they can fix your machine and it is just a small problem. Love that store!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Bill sure do keep busy! That killdeer bird is doing a great job of protecting her little ones
    I hope you,Bill and Gibbs have a good weekend -Mary


    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fiddley puzzle pieces can really sour the fun when puzzling. Good looking burger, enjoy your long weekend and Happy Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Nice quilt store!!!! Hope they can fix your machine, but ... BUT ... maybe they have a nice compact new one instead. Gibbs is such a happy boy!!! Bill, as always, does nice work. Your front driveway is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yard is looking GREAT!! Gibbs sure enjoys it too! Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had burgers for dinner too. I loved both the star quilt and the heart quilt but I think I'm leaning toward the heart quilt. Looking at properties? It doesn't hurt to look. You don't know what's available until you start looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burgers are always good, eh? I like the hearts too. Pipe dreaming is all, about the properties. :)

    ReplyDelete