Monday, June 3, 2024

The Work Week Begins, Clouds, Rain, Sun

The Ridge

On Monday, June 3rd, it was cloudy when we woke up. That confused me when I looked out my window at 6:45. Hmm, it was supposed to be a sunny warm day, not a cloudy wet warm day. I joined Bill downstairs after getting washed and dressed.

My morning run to town
and home again, mixed weather signs

We were both ready about the same time so since he was taking the propane tank in Ptooties, more on that later, I loaded the 2 recycle bins and garbage bag on the tonneau cover of Black Beauty. I arrived in town with the wipers going intermittently the whole way. Go away rain! I guess I was hopeful for June to be a different kind of month. 😊

It's a mystery for sure.
Sandy and I chatted a couple of times and
can't figure it out. This lock box is in a double locked room
that seemed completely intact this morning. Hmmm.

The Mat was empty when I arrived. There was another washer in need of attention, but a simple fix for Sandy, and I noticed that the lock on the box that held the dryer keys, and a few others, was damaged. Hmmm, again. The door into the mechanical room seemed intact so I took a picture of that and sent it along to Sandy. I wouldn’t be doing the lint trays in the small dryers today.

A walk into see the tall irises in my small
corral garden
This one is easy to maintain.
I'm too embarrassed to show you the big one.
It isn't easy at all and it looks it.

I was able to do the 3 big dryers since they only use screw driver wrenches (or whatever they’re called). I’ll be disappointed when the day comes that no one has left change in their pockets, today my tip was $5.65. 😊 I had no other stops in Durham so returned home. Still had to use the wipers once or twice but by the time I arrived at the Ridge, it had stopped.

Gibbs, on duty.

I had my steel cut oats and yogourt at 10, a late breakfast, and when noon rolled around, I only needed one dinner roll with cheese, lettuce and avocado. When it is wet and there is nothing outside to do (or what I could or wanted to do) I think ‘food’, something I can eat that’s on the keto wagon. I got all the ingredients out for more Wheat Belly Peanut Butter Fudge but decided to go out with Gibbs instead.

Are you coming, Mom?
Can you see him?

Perennials I count on every year.
Tall iris and Corabelle.

We walked to ‘check mail’ and came back with a Canadian Tire flyer. I did drop a greeting card in the mail though so left the flag up. What do you bet that Bill stops to retrieve mail. 😉 Gibbs sat with me in the Bunky while I painted but not until after he checked every nook and cranny for Chippy. He’s been there for sure, there is proof in the pudding, er, in the pail.

Everywhere we look now,
a Mrs. Yertle looking for a place to dig and lay.
No, not there!! Silly, girl.

Also, Chippys everywhere too.
Gibbs knows he was here and isn't convinced
he has left the building. 😂

Gibbs is pretending he's cuddling with Mom but he
is watching under the table for you know who.
Notice the edge of the pail lid, bottom right corner?
Not to mention his feces.

I painted some rocks, put Gibbs inside and painted some more before coming inside. I made the fudge and put it in the fridge to harden. At 4, we walked back down the lane to get the recycle bins so Bill didn’t have to stop and there were two turtles looking for ‘that perfect spot’.  I have ground beef out for supper to maybe have meat loaf with the scalloped spuds but it is a very warm day and I’m now not sure I want to put the oven on in here.

One more walk down the lane, 
two more turtles.
Hello, are you in there? don't be shy!

Gibbs, waiting for me again.
More mail, Mom?
He is totally indifferent to the turtles now,
doesn't notice them half the time.

We’ve reached about 25C/76F (plus humidity) but I’m not complaining! I know it is going to change again. Bill was home around 5 as usual but he’d left work early to take one of our 40-lb propane tanks to Sparling’s in Flesherton to get it re-certified. That is a whole lot more cost efficient than buying new ones. They both need to be done. He dropped one off and when the other one is empty, he’ll do the same with it.

I finished a few today.
Doggies, a new venture for me!

We had a change of heart for supper and decided on pork and beans and I had squash while Bill had toast with his. It was good and he topped off his meal with a dish of rice pudding. 😉 After dishes, he made his lunch and he’ll probably go to the Hangar tonight. This has been a nice day with a few of things to upset the applecart. I hope they work out over the next few days.

It doesn't look like meatloaf and scallop potatoes,
does it? 😄 Check back tomorrow.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

6 comments:

  1. Life isn't written in stone and like you do, you make changes that work.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out to be a pretty nice day. Love your rocks - especially the ladybugs. My daughter painted strawberries for our patch because I've read that birds will try those first and will get frustrated and leave the actual strawberries alone. I guess we'll see in time.
    Rainy and wet here today and we had a good rainfall overnight too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out nice. What a great idea about the rock strawberries. I don't have any but curious to see if it works.

      Delete
  3. GET HIM GIBBS!! LOL. He's a good watch pup!! Looks like someone has figured out how to open your locks ... or at least is trying to open them. Maybe set up a camera? Your rocks are too cute ... the sunflower, perfect for garden art!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he tries!!
      Sandy has cameras so he was going to check them out. No cash is kept in the Mat except what is in the machines.

      Delete