Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sydenham Auction Pickup at Rockford, Lazy, Really Lazy Day

Paisley, On

On Saturday, Feb. 13th I was awake at 5:30 from one of my recurring dreams. I know what constitutes these dreams but it doesn’t mean I have to like them. After seeing the time and seeing my sweetie still asleep, I rolled over, falling back to sleep. This time a different dream and it wasn’t pleasant either. Getting lost, apart from Bill is the basis and I wake up a bit panicked.

The drive to Rockford was cloudy but roads were clear
I'm sure I had this in focus until the telephone pole
jumped in the way, that was the blur


That was it for me, it was only 6:30 but I was done sleeping. I took my earplugs out and just rested until he woke up. I was going to slip into my lounge jammies but soon remembered that we were going out this morning. We had plans to take Black Beauty around 9 and drive to Rockford, to pick up our winning auction bids. However, Jell-o came into play as she wouldn’t start with either the remote or with the key. Oh-oh. I think she was looking forward to a 3-day weekend too. So, Ptooties was our ride today.

We pulled up in Spot #3
Look at these awesome gates!!
Too big and fancy for the Ridge but someone is getting them!

After we called, he brought Bill's ladder out first
and then my 4 cars
They are very polite

It was a nice drive down country highways to the small blip called Rockford and we found the red auction building easily, east of the stop lights. It was very organized, pull into one of 4 parking spots, call the number to verify payment and pick up and they bring it out and set it on the table in front of you. Easy! Bill got lucky with a Vulcan combination ladder and just for fun, I won 4 large die-cast collectible cars. Why? Because I could and they were cheap. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1998 Volkswagon beetle

Heinz 57  racer

Another, smaller 1998 Volkswagon Beetle

Bill's favourite, the 1941 Willys Gasser
All for $15

From there, because we were going right by, we stopped to see my sister and her husband near Chatsworth long enough to have a coffee with them. We sat across the room, no hugs and still had a nice visit. They are way back in off the road surrounded by trees so no one even knew. We have all been very restrictive, them more than us, so no fear of any flying ‘virus’ bugs landing on us. LOL

Arriving at Cedar Haven (Gayle & John's)
Every trailer I've seen with snow has a sad face
Their Montana is no different

Heading out in the sunshine

Lastly, we drove to Durham and dropped off the ladder for Rob to store for us until spring. We have stuff all over the place!! On the way home, it was 12:30 and Bill asked if I wanted A & W for lunch or would we make lunch when we got home. It would be after 1 by then so I grabbed at another meal out. Trying to be wise, with how much I needed, I only ordered the Cheese and Bacon Uncle burger, no fries and no drink. I had water with me. That burger is soooo good and there is more filling than bun so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Clydsedales eating lunch

This one is fenced off by itself
Nancy, do you know why they do this?



Back home, I carried my winnings upstairs after Bill tried Black Beauty again. Luckily, she started up fine but not with the remote. I checked our ticket numbers from last night and we were as lucky as the last time. Nada. Two numbers in a line gets you nothing. Oh well. I went downstairs around 2 and the house was quiet. I thought Wes and Susan were in the front room so quietly hand-blended up a vanilla cake mix for cupcakes. (Woops, a picture tomorrow, I promise!)


Except for one lone ski doo trail, a completely blank slate of snow

While they were in the oven baking, I went to the garage to dismantle the Art Parade puzzle and start a new one. That’s when I realized that our landlords weren’t even home. I chuckled about that. I got a good start on the next puzzle, border and some inside pieces. When the muffins were cooling, I made myself a tea and took it back out with me before I attempted icing them. I’m not very good at this fancy stuff and when Susan suggested icing in a bag, I tried it.

The next puzzle, I think it will take longer

But I got a good start on it

It was pretty funny when she came out and said ‘the hole’s too big!’ and I responded ‘well, it’s too late now, Susan!’ Bill will like them no matter what as a Valentine’s Day treat. I have no place to hide them so he’ll see them tonight adorned with some little red cinnamon hearts that he bought. We didn’t fall off the keto wagon this week, it never entered our neighbourhood! Ha ha

This is the lady's bundle from the first auction $3

Tonight, is Date Night for the 3 of them with movies at 7 (a rerun) and 9 so I think I will finally get to watch Hanging Up with Diane Keaton, Meg Ryan and Lisa Kudrow. At least that is the plan. After having a filling lunch, I’m not sure what is on the agenda for supper. We’ll come up with something even if it is toasted tomato or grilled cheese sandwiches. I think we’ll have a cupcake for dessert.


This is the bundle of head wear for a baby girl
I wonder who will get these?๐Ÿ‘ถ

I was lazy, really lazy today and didn’t walk. My afternoon was busy enough playing Betty Crocker, I guess. ๐Ÿ˜Š I will make up for it tomorrow. The snow started around 5 o’clock and it is looking, not only feeling, like winter again. I hope you had a nice day. Ours was full and enjoyed together.

Sunset in Arizona

A pretty cactus at the entrance to the Saguaro National Park
Feb. 13, 2018
Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit!

12 comments:

  1. What a very different cactus. Interesting.

    Glad that you had a great time with the auctions and won some great things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen the 1941 Gasser race at the Amarillo Dragway around 45 years ago. Oh what memories!!
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "find" of cars. Big John is definitely a keeper!!! How fun to win the auction. And your stash of women's things, along with the baby head wear ..... too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For first time bidders, we had fun and got some neat things. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your wins and cheap too! The baby head wear is just too adorable! Nice ladder that Bill got! That is a fancy gate for sure, wonder what someone paid for that (just because I'm nosey!) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headgear for the wee girl is so cute. You did well with your bidding. What will you do with the cars?

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that gate. Cute head gear for a little girl and Bill got a nice ladder. You both did good. Date night for the 3 of them.....too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a pretty gate. Looks like you got some good deals. The little girl's head gear is all so cute. Referring back a couple of days that was a nice happy hour, thanks for the memory.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete