Friday, November 19, 2021

A Better Temperature, Stocking Things Up

Glen Rose, Texas

On Friday, Nov. 19th Bill was the first one up with Gibbs. It was a cool/cold morning sitting at only 33F/5C but the sun made a grand appearance early. I had pulled our duvet up from the bottom of the bed where it has been folded for the past few nights. The day was to warm up to 64F/18C and the wind died off considerably from the last couple of days. This would be a moderately nice day. 😊 We had our morning brew and I sat with Gibbs to read while Bill went to TSC in Glen Rose to fill a propane tank.

I knew it wouldn't be long before Gibbs
learned to jump up on the chair back without using
us as a ladder

Late morning, I informed Bill that I wasn’t cooking anything for lunch as I had noodle soup to reheat so Bill made himself a sandwich. I also had a peanut butter and green onion sandwich with my bit of soup. Yum. We did dishes and all of us took a drive into Granbury and located the Pure Water Station on the highway. We filled both 5- gallon jugs at $1.50 each. Can’t beat that! Gibbs was good on the drive, even without his bed, he slept. ♥

A few days ago, a commenter asked what
the brand of patio mat we had
Bill was close, it is Sienna Breeze
bought in 2016

Before turning back onto highway 312, Bill stopped at the 7 Eleven at the corner for a fuel up. Now we were ready for our departure on Sunday. We had drinking water, propane for heat and fuel for driving. For some odd reason, we’ve done nothing but rest it seems, we felt tired when we’d returned home. Gibbs slept, Bill worked on his next blog post, which you can check out here. I sat in my chair after writing a bit in my blog and worked at finishing my book. It is such an enjoyable story!


Some pictures of the sun setting on our walk

When the sleepy eyes made reading difficult, I took my book to the bedroom. At least that way, if I dropped off, I was in the right place! Gibbs came up with me for a while and the next thing I knew, it was an hour later. 😊 I was tired. However, when I got up, I felt a bit light headed. You know the feeling that makes you think “I shouldn’t have laid down!” but after a cup of tea and a couple of cookies, I was fine.

Heading back, there were pink patches
in the north sky
Going to be a nice day tomorrow

Gibbs and I went for a nice long walk around 5, along the river bank again. The sun was pretty, dropping down behind the trees and I tried hard to get a selfie with my sweetie but this is all I’ll share. He always takes a good picture at least! Back home, Bill barbecued the last two short ribs. What did Elva call them? Country style pork ribs. The thicker one wasn’t quite cooked enough on Wednesday. This time, they were perfect with a potato for Bill and our veggies on the side.

Look at the camera, Gibbs

We did dishes and parted ways. It’s Christmas movies for Bill upstairs and my vet shows downstairs. In mid-December, I should be ready to watch some of the new Christmas movies with him. I’ll be in the spirit then. We’ll be in Pilot Knob and we hope that will be a good experience even though, to our knowledge, none of our close friends will be there at the same time. We first read that the price had jumped but discovered yesterday that they have updated their page. Phew!


The best part of our selfie ♥

This was a good day. It reached the forecasted temperature for the day and will only be dropping to 45F tonight. The heat returns tomorrow. Yay! A bit of running around, a bit of the outdoors, some reading, but mostly relaxing. I forgot about washing B.B.’s windows so maybe tomorrow. It is also laundry day.


Dessert tonight

Good night!


Thank you for taking the time to see what we’re up to.

18 comments:

  1. Wish we were able to come visit you in Glen Rose but we got home today from Yuma. We live about 50 miles north of Glen Rose, near Weatherford. We have been gone 7 months. Be prepared for high diesel prices around Eloy. We paid $4.11 gallon with our 8 cent a gallon discount at Flying J. Yuma prices are not to bad. Safe travels. One of these days it would be nice to meet you & Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been really nice to meet you! You will be happy to be home after being away for that length of time. When there's a will, there's a way! We'll meet up one day. :) We'd love that.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the mat info. We need a new one for the RV that's not a pain to pack up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. I didn't go on the web site but hope you are able to find one. It is one of the best things we've bought. They are costly but we loved our 8' x 20' so much, we bought a 8' x 15' one the following year. It is heavy once folded up but it folds up neatly. This mat has never been blown up in the wind and we have heavy winds up on the Ridge. We've never tacked it down. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. You are getting in some good down time and enjoying some nice weather, even if a little cool is thrown in. I'm enjoying your posts..as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Cheri. Always nice to hear from you. We have been very lazy but it has been great.

      Delete
  4. You will be warm when you get to Pilot Knob. It looks like our paths may line up to be crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to Pilot Knob now that lower prices are confirmed. :)
      We're so excited that our paths may line up!! It's about time!! We never got to visit very long in Borrego on our first meeting. We'll be there from Dec. 7 to Jan. 7.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty picture of the sunset through the trees. Looks like a pretty place to walk along the river bank. Gibbs certainly is a cutie. I see you had some pretty pink afterglow, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. It is a pretty walk along the water. I like it here.

      Delete
  6. Gibbs is becoming quite the watch pup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the warm weather. We have +3C with cloudy skies but the snow we got on Thursday night is all but gone.😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. If I could send some home for you, I would but then again, I know you don't mind the winter like we do. ♥

      Delete
  8. Whatever kind of ribs they are .....they look delicious! Cute pictures of Gibbs. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  9. The way I see it you are resting up for more traveling and that is always tiring.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kind, Jackie. :)
      We do have more travelling over the next couple of days.

      Delete