Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Snow Has Fallen on our Home Base – Blech!!

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Apr. 27th I woke up at 5:40 with a heavy (25 lbs) weight on my curled-up legs. Ooompf! It was going to be difficult to move, hence waking Gibbs, hence waking Bill, so I laid awake with my mind filling with all kinds of things. By 6:10, I knew I was wide awake and wouldn’t be dropping off again so took a chance and shifted my legs a bit. Gibbs didn’t seem affected so that was good. 😊

This is what we drove home from town in
and yet luckily it didn't amount to much

At 6:30, it was time to move and wake the family. When Bill took Gibbs out, I got up and made my side of the bed. When he came in, he wasn’t going to back to bed either so I finished with the bed. No walk today, the ground was white and that just discouraged me. There wasn’t a lot of snow, just on the grass which meant it wouldn’t last too long. With more expected today, I doubted I’d get out with Gibbs at all.

Gibbs isn't sure about this stuff
but since it's here, he may as well eat it
while Mom is cleaning the steps off

We had our coffee and tea around 7:30 and Gibbs had his breakfast. We got cleaned up around 9 and headed into town for a couple of stops. Fuel for Black Beauty which was a huge shock, almost $200! One more trip to MacGregor’s Fashion Store where I found one funky little gift for someone and wished the owners Farewell and Good Luck. They are closing Saturday and moving to the East coast of Canada at the end of June.

It wasn't so much the snow as the bitter cold air
that today brought us

We stopped at Home Hardware and picked up a few odds and ends for repairs and alterations around the home front. Enough spent today! LOL Back home, each time Bill went out to do something or retrieve something from the Hangar (we have food in his fridge down there too), Gibbs bounded out with him. He races around, kind of following him, but not really, until it’s time to come in and he’s right behind him at the door.

We had lunch at noon and Bill took Black Beauty, full of ‘gold’, to Hanover to help Gerry transport his 3-wheel electric bike to a repair shop. He uses it at the Acreage to cart wood from front to back. After he left, I went to work on more cupboards down here on the main level. Bit by bit, it’s getting cleaned and by the time the nice weather is here, it will be finished. That’s the plan, at least!

A delicious 'winter' meal in the spring

Gibbs was at a loss for a lot of the afternoon that his Daddy was out. He was very good but sat on chairs at the windows and upstairs on the bed where he could see out those windows a lot. I was busy emptying more cupboards but finally after he helped me lug things (crock pot, small roasting pan and stock pots) out to the Bunky, he settled on my lap while I read in between watching a Country Music history program.

My Daddy's is home again 💕

Bill came in around 4:30, I think, and the little guy couldn’t get enough of him. I imagine this is what our days at home, while Bill works, will look like for a while. 😊 Still cleaning up things in the fridge, we had spaghetti using some of the cooked ground beef that I bagged up many days ago. That seems like forever ago and yet we’ve only been home for a week. Supper was quite yummy, if I do say so myself and there are some leftovers that again fit in the small fridge.

The sun made an appearance late in the day

We loaded and turned the dishwasher on before I worked on my blog and Bill sat watching NCIS reruns. The snow from last night has melted and we’re now looking at greening grass again. We didn’t see the robins today, the ones Gibbs has been watching intently for a few days. They are probably as shocked as we are. Thankfully, after tonight, the temperatures do start rising again. 😊

Well now, isn't that pretty?
Good night!

This was another good day, just a few cupboards and drawers left to go through. Thank you for stopping around.

14 comments:

  1. The weekend is looking promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird this new comment section. It doesnt look like the snow is bad, just cold. I think Gibbs misses his daddy a lot, even if he is a Mommas dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, wonder why they change things on Blogger. Gibbs does miss his Daddy.

      Delete
  3. This April just does not want to let go of Winter.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the coming Spring.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you clearing things out and getting things done! i"ve got a closet I need to do that to but have to be in the mood, and I'm not LOL. Is Bill going to be working this spring/summer? Hoping this is your last snow! Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! it feels good to get things moved out.
      Yes, Bill work for 3 to 4 days a week.

      Delete
  5. This spring has just been a roller coaster. You just had a day in the 20's and then snow! Crazy.
    It is warming up here - high of 16C today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the US diesel prices have made their way to Canada. I know they were always a little higher, but $7.00/gal is just horrible. We will be forced into electric vehicles whether we like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hating the idea of electric vehicles, then electricity will go up.

      Delete
  7. At least it appears the snow won't be back now!

    ReplyDelete