Saturday, April 23, 2022

Celebrating Family

The Ridge

Saturday, Apr. 23rd started out cool, above freezing at 43F/6C but feeling more like 36F/2C. I got up around 7 and slipped into my fleece pj pants instead of my jeans. I figured Gibbs and I could go down the lane without my having to change. We went without his leash and once more he behaved and stayed close to my side. Nancy K is right, having treats on hand is helping a lot.

This is a little bit of a celebration
The Ziplock bags that were used for ice for 2 weeks
are hung out to dry

Back at the Suite, he gobbled up his breakfast as soon as we came inside but unfortunately, he threw it up soon after. He sure didn’t act like he wasn’t feeling well so maybe he is still settling in and/or he ate too fast. Who knows? Bill took some of his hobby stuff down to the Hangar, it has been piling up in our closet and his bedroom cupboards. It feels good to put things back in their place. 😊

I brought the eggs in from the Bunky; it was cool enough out there to store them overnight. I finished ‘devilling’ them and got washed up. I’d decided to pick up some dessert in town so went to Foodland for some cookies and peanut butter marshmallow squares. Oh my! I wanted something that didn’t have to be refrigerated if they were left over.

Our pond is looking chilly

Bill was ironing his white shirt, setting a standard for my outfit for the day. 😊 He knows that I like to get a bit dressy for this kind of thing. We left Gibbs in charge, loaded the car and left for Hanover at noon. There were 15 of us in attendance today, all in the parent or grandparent categories. For the first time, even though some of the ‘parents’ were also children of one of us, we had no little ones running around.

Bill ironed and laid down with Gibbs while the 
iron cooled

It was a cloudy drive to Hanover


But the morning rain stopped at 1 and the
sun was making appearances soon after 😃

Lots of room in Joanne and Ted's large kitchen

The guys visited in the living room

It was a nice reunion with my 5 siblings, only one brother couldn’t make it from Alberta, my daughter and her spouse and two nieces. This is our Easter celebration, Gayle and I weren’t home last weekend so it was just delayed. 😊 There was, as always, plenty of food. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, potato and cauliflower casserole, dressing, shepherd’s pie, cheese, Caesar salad and of course, devilled eggs. Lots of devilled eggs. My niece also brought quite a few.

Lots of food

Everything was delicious

It was a great meal and wonderful conversation. The hugs were a bonus! We left just before 4 and stopped at Walmart for milk and cream. The newly purchased items went in Bill’s Hangar fridge. I’m glad we have these options. Gibbs was waiting for us when we got home and ran out and did his business. Unlike me, I went upstairs with Gibbs and had a snooze. It was a long snooze and yet I must have needed it.


My snooze buddy loves to cuddle
and he loves to by the window
Yes, you Gibbs! 💓

When I got up, I made a tea with our ‘new to us’ Keurig (thanks Gayle and John!) and started my blog. We wouldn’t need supper tonight but popcorn found it’s way into the microwave and into my tummy before the evening was through. We watched movies together until bedtime. A later bedtime, maybe, because of my nap. 😊


Good night!

This was a great day with my family, Bill and Gibbs included. Thank you for your visit.

9 comments:

  1. So glad Gibbs likes treats. Wish Cooper did! Lol. Looks like a fun get together. Who doesn’t love deviled eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad he likes treats too but he is still smart and knows when I'm being tricky!

      Delete
  2. Everyone loves Deviled Eggs. Nice that you could enjoy a Delayed Celebration with your family.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potluck meals always have extra food...and great food too. Sounds like a wonderful visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually eat too much at potlucks because i want to try everything but it was very good!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful family get-together with such a spread of yummy food. You are so lucky to get to enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very nice to reunite with family. Lots of 'welcome homes'.

    ReplyDelete