Sunday, April 3, 2022

A Trip to Town, Testing Leroy Jethro Gibbs

La Paz Valley, Az

Today, Sunday, Apr. 3rd started out quite nice. There is absolutely no fault to be found with waking up at 6:30 and getting up at 7. The sky was crisp blue with a few wispy clouds and the sun was warming things quickly. Gibbs and I had a short walk before he wanted to return home. 😊 I decided to have my tea and I had a blog to finish.

There I go again probably missing a gorgeous sunrise

Random pictures of my walk

Because my phone takes a Panoramic picture
I did a 180 - kinda cool

Around 10, Bill went up for his shower so I slipped out for my own walk, alone. I walked to the main entrance of the blm and then back down the highway, which is 52nd St. N. I wanted to give Bill enough time for his shower plus have an enjoyable walk at the same time. Back at the Suite, it was my turn. I couldn’t have him smelling sweeter than me!

Now, standing beside the cacti I showed you yesterday

I think they're fascinating
I can't believe this one is likely 100 years old
and still reproducing

I see now why they were being cut off
Like our trees back home, the cacti also
need to make way for electric/hydro lines


Some views are breathtaking without even trying!

We just hung around home until lunch time, had a sandwich and then drove to town. Gibbs wasn’t riding very good, not behaving at all (I hope that changes!), but we wanted to take him along for the ride. I ran into Roadrunner to get a jug of Bill’s milk and then we filled a water jug before returning to the road home. 

I think this is the first time this season that I got the
Quartzsite sign

Look at the price of water
down here
We pay $3.00 or $3.50 for 5 gallons back home

We were both curious where the street, 52nd N., goes so we followed it until we came to a dead end. There are a couple of rv parks out there, that’s all. It looked like a town from our site. 😊

Finally, a healthy looking flowering Ocotillo!

Returning home, we have a nice spot
Btw, it isn't where the Duchaine's parked 😇
This one is our own

Back home, we went outside with Gibbs and caught some more rays. Bill and I agreed to let the little guy run free and see how he’d listen when we called him back. There was no one around close enough and we left his leash on for the test. He did quite good, more interested in playing with his leash. Bill watched one of his recorded movies inside, he hasn’t started a new book yet, and I stayed outside with a cup of tea and my own book.

I'm here Mom and not doing 'nuttin' 💕

We've all seen some interesting clouds
Aren't these cool?

This time, we left the leash off Gibbs and kept an eye on him. He’s too smart sometimes as when we both came indoors, he’s wary when he isn’t ready to come in. Too smart for his own good! We came in after 4:30 because of the little house flies, our spray doesn’t deter them worth a crap. It was warm inside but we just stayed still like rocks and let the window breezes cool us bit by bit. 😊

Play time, we all wanted to stay out as long as we could
He did pretty good today, coming when we called - eventually
or following us when we walked in the opposite direction ♥

Bill grilled burgers and we shouldn’t need anything else. There is a muffin left for Bill and I still have 4 of my keto butter tarts left. We started with the grilling around 6, after feeding our little hungry monster. Yup, he’s back to his normal routine again. Eating his breakfast as soon as he comes in the door from our walk and his supper at 6. Just in time to get him all screwed up with the time changes over the next 15 days!

Inside, at 5:55, Gibbs sits on my recliners foot rest
waiting for Daddy to get his supper

The burgers, well, I don’t have to tell you how good they were. After loading the dishes, Bill went out with his big Canon camera and captured some nice shots all around our area. Unfortunately, a lady with her travel trailer pulled in just down on the curve from us. Why? Who knows but perhaps because she’s alone except for her Doberman, she wants to be near by others just in case? I can’t knock her for that, I do admire those who look after their rigs on their own.

Another good burger

The Suite was cooling down and there was a lovely breeze still coming in the windows. Lots of low-lying clouds tonight so another beautiful sunset is on the menu. 😊 Another wonderful day, one more here before we move on.



On this beautiful evening,
Good night!

Thank you for popping by!

10 comments:

  1. That Ocotillo was beautiful! I saw lots blooming when I was in Tucson but none had the leaves in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather the opposite ... there might be a bad guy in that rig!! So I stay far away! LOL Do you keep a snack in your pocket so every time you call Gibbs he gets a treat? That worked really well with Jessie. When I whistled, she knew there was food involved and came running. Love to see the ocotillos blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did have a Doberman!! Haha, a little more threatening than Cooper. ❤
      I seldom have had pockets here to carry treats and then he won't leave me at all for me to test him. He jumps around at my feet!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it is really clearing out down there! Before you know it you will have the place to yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wonder why there is a street number out in the desert. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos as is usual. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Gibbs does well traveling on the way back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those crossed fingers, Jackie. :) He was so good coming down so maybe when his bed is in the truck and he's on his seat belt. 🤞🤞

      Delete