Sunday, April 3, 2022

Relaxing is the Word of the Day, Last Happy Hour with Friends

Roadrunner BLM, La Paz Valley

On Saturday, Apr. 2nd we started our day out early again. I think perhaps Gibbs is distracted by the open windows but especially the blinds and doesn’t go back to sleep after his first piddle and poop. He sits at the window and guards our site. 😊 I think I might also get distracted by the light of the morning and the view. “Look at that view!” I said as I looked out my window before the sun even came up.

Which road to take?

I didn't have to decide since Leroy Jethro had no
interest
He wanted to go home to see what Daddy was doing

Gibbs and I started out for our walk at 7 but he just wasn’t into it. He kept looking back at the Suite and Bill, who was in and out replenishing his food and our water from the basement. So, I brought him back and went for my own walk. 


She's not green, but Mrs. Ocotillo has flowered

It was a beautiful morning with just a slight breeze. Back at home, I made my tea and sat outside with Gibbs rather than sitting inside. Bill soon joined me with his book.


Her flowers are beautiful but you might not
want to get too close
Look at those thorny arms


So, it was just me and my shadow
Shadows sure aren't flattering! 😄

This desert is much nicer than La Posa South
with no prickly baby cacti all over the ground
I came across this ritualistic design made of white stones

We decided to soak up the morning sun before it got too hot. The forecast today was for some wind gusts and a high of 84F/29C. Nothing to gripe about there! The sky is clear blue with a big ball of sun covering the desert surroundings. 

A morning picture of these Saguaros
One is stripped of it's skin

Afternoon picture from the back
It would be neat to have one of these
skeletal forms back home


Around 9, my tea was so I brought my blankets out for my lounge chair. The webbing/duct tape fix isn’t going to hold for long. One already split, maybe the heat is more powerful than tape. Hmm.






I re-taped it and stretched out in as little as I could possibly wear and still be decent (!) and Bill sat beside me with his shirt off. 


Bill finished the Lee Child book Blue Moon in 2 days
I told him it was a page turner!

We had a lovely breeze coming from the south, around the nose of the rv. It was quite strong at times and I just lifted my face into it. 

I was hungry come noon hour so cooked our bacon and eggs outside on the bbq. After loading the dishwasher, we didn’t turn it on last night with our batteries on the lower spectrum, Bill turned it on.

Just plain bacon and sunny side up eggs
But special because I did them on the Weber Q

The generator gave us a bit of grief so we figured why overtax it? He tested it this morning, on and off, and it seems to be fine. That’s good news, mostly for our journey home if we are travelling under cloudy skies. 

Cute Teddy Bear Chollas

When they are really close to the ground,
and you walk close, they jump onto your pant leg or shoe 

They look really cuddly, but they're not!

A couple of conversations with Gayle and Judy confirmed Happy Hour here this afternoon. Judy and Gary are heading out tomorrow so it will be our last chance as a group enjoying the desert, the winter and good friends/family.

Off to the south, I could see these two cacti on the left
and they looked like crested Saguaros (but I knew they couldn't be)
When I zoomed in, even though the tops have been chopped
or broken off, new babies are growing
Note, the base trunk, she doesn't look that healthy!

Gibbs knew we were expecting something to happen
so played on the mat while we waited

They arrived shortly after 3 and left around 5. I don’t think we solved any world problems but they were sure discussed! For supper, Bill grilled Italian sausages and baked a couple of potatoes in foil. Inside, I made it simple and heated corn on the stove. We sat outside while everything cooked and prepared for a lovely sunset, which was bound to happen by the way the clouds had moved in.

So long, Judy and Gary! Safe travels! 💓

Everything was yummy. For dessert, we were spoiled. Judy brought some chocolate chip muffins to share. Yummy! We found it hot inside the Suite after eating so went back outside to the cooler, refreshing air. There was a lovely breeze so we took a walk around the adjacent sites. If it was always this private, it would be nicer to stay here than at La Posa South.


😋

Bill loaded the dishwasher when we came in and I worked on my blog. No promises that it will get done tonight, the fresh air today has hit me as has my beer margarita. I just felt very tired. Apparently, so did Gibbs as no sooner did we get his leash off and he was konked out on the floor. He’s been outside a lot today too. 😊 This has been a really nice, lazy day. We’re really enjoying this break. Here are some evening pictures.




So, it's Sunday morning and here I am to finish. We saw the ISS last night, it's amazing how it shows up and disappears exactly where their email to me says. I love that!


No justice in pictures 
It was beautiful
Since it's morning, I'll say So long!


Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

  1. Nice that you were able to have that final Happy Hour.
    Dinner looks tasty.
    The last year we were in the southwest we had issues with out Generator. I was told by John who worked in the industry to only use High Test Gasoline because the lower grades contain ethanol which attracts moisture. Adding to what we already had in the Can I filled the Generator. Within Fifteen Minutes it was running smooth and more efficient. I recently started the Generator on the first pull after it sat for nearly Two Years. Using the High Test Gas was the best thing we could have ever done.
    Looks like Gibbs enjoys the RV Lifestyle.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Yes, we use High Test too. We'll have it looked at back home so it's in good shape for next fall.
      Gibbs is going to be confused at home. 😅

      Delete
  2. I love it out there, even when it’s crowded. Beautiful sunsets. So relaxing. Btw I ordered a lounge chair!!! You always look so comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our first time as you know and although boondocking is dwindling in our future plans, we are loving the privacy.
      What kind of chair did you order? I may be on the hunt.

      Delete
  3. Those muffins did look good! I never thought of cooking eggs on the grill but yours looked delicious!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The muffins are deadly!! Haha 😋
      I bought a pan for cooking then on the grill and out here and cooking heats up the rv, it was a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've been relaxing all winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it's all about, right? I have to get Bill out of the country in order to slow down.

      Delete
  5. What a nice day in the desert! Those teddy bear cacti are cute. Though I'll take your word for it, and should I ever see one, I won't hug it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, one of many.
      Good advice on the cholla cactus.

      Delete