Thursday, July 27, 2023

A Mixed Bag of a Day, A Good Finale

The Ridge

On Thursday, July 27th we were all up by 7. I had a few things to take care of, one was to pay our rent (since our gov’t pensions came in), another was to renew my drivers licence and health card, I had to run M into town and lastly I had a long list of grocery items to get this afternoon. Again, because our cash flow came in. 😊 I took care of the first two things online and then drove around the corner to pick M up.

Sitting with Patty, our home looks
quite welcoming.

It took longer than I expected but he paid me well and I returned home to the family and our guests. It was 11 and Bill and Duncan were working around the place together while Patty sat under their awning and read her book. I grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed off to Hanover and Walmart. Stopping at Giant Tiger first, without having any success finding what I was looking for, then I nipped into the Dollarama.

A chit chat before I left for work

Here I found some clogs and sandals for Bill, cheap, just something he can slip on quickly when stepping outside. At Walmart, I checked things off my list as I put them in the cart and lastly, remembered to pick up a package of 250 Wiggly Eyes for my Worry Worms. So cute. Dollarama had them but they were large and one would have completely covered his little face.

While I was gone the boys
took care of a few things

They make a good pair
They both like to keep busy

I was home by 1:30, famished and with a headache. I’m sure it is because I hadn’t eaten well yet. Bill had waited so we had lunch together. I had a tortilla wrap and Bill had his sandwich before we sat in our chairs for a snooze. Of course, mine only lasted a few short minutes but at least I rested and felt better when I got up. We joined Duncan and Patty out under their awning until it was time to get cleaned up for dinner.

My little worms are going to be able
to see into their future

We left the Ridge at 5 and met Donna, Gerry, Gayle and John at Tommy D’s in Hanover. This was the belated birthday dinner for Donna and it was nice to get out for a meal. 

We enjoy this restaurant

Our waitress's 8 year old daughter, Tilly
had her apron on and was helping serve meals
and clean up tables

I found her after we were finished and 
slipped her a tip of her own.

It seems like it has been a while. I had a chicken stir fry with a lemonade and dessert (to go) and Bill had fish and chips, lemonade and a salad. They were great meals.

My stir fry wasn't the best
but filled me up nicely

When we got home, we were tired and just sat and watched an old movie together. It was a good day and although the day started out hot, cloudy and rainy, it ended up being hot, humid and clear. I hope you enjoyed yours!

The dessert that came with my meal
also came home with us. 
Good night!

I hope you enjoyed your day too.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly had a very busy day with lots of errands. It certainly ended nicely with a dinner out with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day you had. I do like your crochet worms. I think they are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. The worms are improving and now they have eyes!

      Delete